A New Christian

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

A New Christian

Postby Kireihana » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:38 pm

I originally posted this message in the "A Friend from Japan" thread (link) but I don't think anyone noticed it, so I thought maybe it would be better placed here.

Hiroko left to return to Japan last week. But my cousin called me and told me that on her last day there, Hiroko asked to recieve Christ! My uncle's a youth pastor, but my cousins family never pressured or prodded Hiroko into becoming a Christian; that decision was entirely her own. She said the only reason she hesitated so long was because she was afraid of what her family and friends back in Japan might think. But her parents are totally cool with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with everybody. I'd been praying for this and my faith was also encouraged when I heard what God had done. I'm sure that Hiroko would appreciate it if you'd keep her in your prayers.
Kireihana

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:39 pm

That's awesome! Keep her in your prayers also and help her in her walk with Jesus! God Bless!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:34 am

Praise God! That's great! :jump: It's even better because she made the decision herself. I'm glad that her parents are ok with it. Prayfully she will be a light in her family so that the rest of her family may receive salvation as well.

(To the tune of Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes)
~God is awesome yes He is, yes He is,
~He is awesome yes He is, yes He is,
~He made you, He made me, He made everything you see,
~God is awesome yes He is, yes He is! :jump

(That's a little song I came up with while I was visiting the Niagra Falls :P )
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Kireihana » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:29 pm

There is some more good news! Hiroko recently found out that her English teacher (yes, they are already back in school *_*) is also a Christian, so she will have someone who can be a sort of mentor to her. It's amazing how God puts people in all the right places.
Kireihana

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:56 pm

Wonderful news, and something I had been hoping for ever since watching this from the beginning (I myself hope to become a missionary in Japan, although having watched a number of threads, it seems several people do too, including my friend Jeikobu). If you wish to do her a favor and know where she lives, you should find what local churches are in her area, particularly with so few Christians I think it would be more important to attend the Yeshua Christ fanclub.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kireihana » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:41 pm

Hey you guys, my cousin is going to Japan in two years to see Hiroko again, and my mom said I could go too! Maybe we can make it into a mission trip of sorts. It seems so far away, but by then my cousin will be legally an adult (I'm just a year younger)... so we can travel on our own.
Kireihana

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth