The GHS Student's accountability thread

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

The GHS Student's accountability thread

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:53 am

(Here is my official go ahead from Ashley!! )

ChristianRonin,

I am DELIGHTED to hear that you want to start something like this. This is the true purpose of CAA--to bring people together and see them grow in Christ.

So you are free to start this group either in the OOC forum, or in the Bible Study forum...whichever you prefer. Just keep all discussions friendly and non-denominational...it's ok to have someone say "I need some help in this area" and for people to respond with their thoughts, just don't let it get ugly or anything. We want you guys to help one another as CHRISTIANS, not as Baptists or Catholics or whatever. But don't worry, that's what we mods and admins are for. ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:54 am

Hey Fellow Rpers!

I hope everyone is well today!

Just so you know this thread is intended as an accountablility type thing...Rping is fun...but let's face it...it takes up ALOT of time... sometimes I fear, too much...so I created this lil thread to help us all out with that..

We will use this for discussions on what we are reading and learning in God's word...because how will we grow unless we spend time with God right? He is (or should be) the most important person in our lives ne?

(Very early this morning, around 1:30 am ) I finally picked up my Bible for the first time in a week and half...(Sad ne? -.- ) And I realized how good it felt to read His word again! I decided to start reading Psalms...and let me tell you, if you haven't read that book yet.. READ it! I love the message it shares.
I read Psalms 1-2 btw:
Psalm 1:
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.
Psalm 2
1 Why do the nations conspire [a]
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One. [b]
3 "Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 "I have installed my King [c]
on Zion, my holy hill."
7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD :
He said to me, "You are my Son [d] ;
today I have become your Father. [e]
8 Ask of me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will rule them with an iron scepter [f] ;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery."
10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry
and you be destroyed in your way,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

What this said to me: (Psalm 1) God loves a faithful servant, those who don't leave God at Church, but take Him with them wherever they go. He delights in those that delight in Him and who remain walking on the straight and narrow...
He loves it when we don't follow the world's way...but follow His way...
This got me thinking.."Have I been taking Him with me everywhere I go? Or do I put him in a small box and only bring Him out when I REALLY need him?"
I recall a skit I once saw at a youth retreat. The actors had a huge box, where he tried to contain God inside of it...and he did what he wanted to do while God was in that box, but on Sunday he took him out and had a great time acting as if nothing was wrong...but later he realized what he was doing...and he fell to the floor and begged for Forgiveness...
Living as the world does will only lead to pain and unhappiness...
No matter what we do...what we try to hide.. God always sees us...we can't turn off the light or close our eyes and think he doesn't see...he is all knowing, and he knows our hearts...he knows when we are living for ourselves...

Which brings me to Psalms 2:
Our mordern nations have for the most part turned a deaf ear, and a blind eye to God, has he not? They claim it is a weakness to believe in someone that Can't be seen, or worship Him.
I am sure this angers the Lord...but don't you think it also makes him sad?
He wants DESPERATELY to be our Father.. he wants to hang out with us..and talk to us daily...and I believe he really miss us when we turn from him.
He doesn't need us...but he wants us to be with him...isn't that awesome? I mean it is hard to believe that THE GOD OF EVERYTHING wants to hang out with ME! That just floors my mind!
So, we all have a choice don't we? We can either choose to live our own way, or we can choose to live God's way...
We can worship the world and it's Temporary treasures, or we can Worship God, for all eternity.
They say happiness can last forever. But I truly believe that TRUE happiness will only last forever when one TRULY decides to follow God...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Steeltemplar » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Great insight on all that, CR-chan :hug:

I think that you said most of what needs to be.

The one thing which stands out to me that remains would be this bit:

"Let us break their chains," they say,

Those who stand against God and Christianity often portray the faith as being something which oppresses. People say that Christianity is "too restrictive" that they don't think religion should "have all of those rules", etc. Basically, society preaches that we may do whatever we want to so long as we don't hurt other people (unless said other person is an unborn child, apparently). And it's popular, so people like politicians and even some supposed religious leaders buy into it because it's more popular to say "do what you want, it's okay" than it is to say "this is the way that God wishes you to act".

So people ironically think they are "freed" of Christianity when in fact they have placed themselves under the oppression of their own sin.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:36 pm

Hey CR-chan! Awesome, thanks so much for starting this ^^ and thank you Ashley letting her create it.

He doesn't need us...but he wants us to be with him...isn't that awesome? I mean it is hard to believe that THE GOD OF EVERYTHING wants to hang out with ME! That just floors my mind!
So, we all have a choice don't we? We can either choose to live our own way, or we can choose to live God's way...
We can worship the world and it's Temporary treasures, or we can Worship God, for all eternity.
They say happiness can last forever. But I truly believe that TRUE happiness will only last forever when one TRULY decides to follow God...

Yep!! ^^ It does sadden Him, when we turn away, and when we could spend time with Him, but choose to do our own thing, or we say we are too busy...we should never be to busy to spend time with our Heavenly Father, He's never too busy for us...NEVER. He's always waiting and wanting to talk to us, sometimes we ignore Him or dont want to hear what He has to say, because what He has to say may be telling us to stop whatever we are doing, and we dont want to, its not until later do we realize...we should have listened to His still small voice. Anyway! getting back on subject haha.

Like you said, we can live in this life and enjoy everything it has to offer...and that will be our reward...if you ask me..its not worth it. Or, we can worship God and live for Him, and have eternal life where we will never ever be separated from Him. My pastor was talking about hell one sunday...he said "Some people get it in their heads that hell is just fire and brim stone burning flesh, and gnashing of teeth, and thats all true, but what it also is, is total and complete separation from God...Him turning His back on you and walking away, because you turned you're back on Him, and lived the way you wanted in life." I dont know about you..but...having God...just turn His back on me...is the most scariest thing I can think of..because without Him, I am nothing. But, thankfully I am His child and that will never happen to me. Right now though, I want to learn all I can about Him, and spend time reading His word, talking and praying to Him. He always listens...thats one of the many things I love about God, when it seems like no one cares...like no one will listen to you, He always will ^^

And like you CR-chan, it floors my mind that He wants to spend time with me as well...me...a sinner..imperfect. And, like you said...He dosnt need us..but He wants us to be with Him, when I think about that, I think of how much love He must have for me, can't I find atleast 10 minutes a day just to sit down and read His word?? So, thats what im trying to do.

He truly is an Awesome God ^^
:jump:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:54 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Great insight on all that, CR-chan :hug:

I think that you said most of what needs to be.

The one thing which stands out to me that remains would be this bit:

"Let us break their chains," they say,

Those who stand against God and Christianity often portray the faith as being something which oppresses. People say that Christianity is "too restrictive" that they don't think religion should "have all of those rules", etc. Basically, society preaches that we may do whatever we want to so long as we don't hurt other people (unless said other person is an unborn child, apparently). And it's popular, so people like politicians and even some supposed religious leaders buy into it because it's more popular to say "do what you want, it's okay" than it is to say "this is the way that God wishes you to act".

So people ironically think they are "freed" of Christianity when in fact they have placed themselves under the oppression of their own sin.

EXACTLY! I agree with you, ST...society today, fools some into thinking it is OK to move away from God...it is ok to do what you want...when in reality...it is only hurting them in the long run..because when this life is over...what will there be for them?

Hey CR-chan! Awesome, thanks so much for starting this ^^ and thank you Ashley letting her create it.

Quote:

Yep!! ^^ It does sadden Him, when we turn away, and when we could spend time with Him, but choose to do our own thing, or we say we are too busy...we should never be to busy to spend time with our Heavenly Father, He's never too busy for us...NEVER. He's always waiting and wanting to talk to us, sometimes we ignore Him or dont want to hear what He has to say, because what He has to say may be telling us to stop whatever we are doing, and we dont want to, its not until later do we realize...we should have listened to His still small voice. Anyway! getting back on subject haha.

Like you said, we can live in this life and enjoy everything it has to offer...and that will be our reward...if you ask me..its not worth it. Or, we can worship God and live for Him, and have eternal life where we will never ever be separated from Him. My pastor was talking about hell one sunday...he said "Some people get it in their heads that hell is just fire and brim stone burning flesh, and gnashing of teeth, and thats all true, but what it also is, is total and complete separation from God...Him turning His back on you and walking away, because you turned you're back on Him, and lived the way you wanted in life." I dont know about you..but...having God...just turn His back on me...is the most scariest thing I can think of..because without Him, I am nothing. But, thankfully I am His child and that will never happen to me. Right now though, I want to learn all I can about Him, and spend time reading His word, talking and praying to Him. He always listens...thats one of the many things I love about God, when it seems like no one cares...like no one will listen to you, He always will ^^

And like you CR-chan, it floors my mind that He wants to spend time with me as well...me...a sinner..imperfect. And, like you said...He dosnt need us..but He wants us to be with Him, when I think about that, I think of how much love He must have for me, can't I find atleast 10 minutes a day just to sit down and read His word?? So, thats what im trying to do.

He truly is an Awesome God ^^

You are welcome Sakura, thanks for posting!! ^-^ (Btw...you guys CAN post what you read and learn too...^^ in fact i encourage it!!)

Hell is seperation...which in my opinion would be the ULTIMATE toture...
and yesh..he is AN AWESOME GOD!! ^____^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:54 am

ChristianRonin wrote:EXACTLY! I agree with you, ST...society today, fools some into thinking it is OK to move away from God...it is ok to do what you want...when in reality...it is only hurting them in the long run..because when this life is over...what will there be for them?

You are welcome Sakura, thanks for posting!! ^-^ (Btw...you guys CAN post what you read and learn too...^^ in fact i encourage it!!)

Hell is seperation...which in my opinion would be the ULTIMATE toture...
and yesh..he is AN AWESOME GOD!! ^____^

Hell is a separation, but a separation by choice. The individual who goes to hell is the one who says "Not thy will, but my will be done." Then, in hell, it would seem that the individual realizes just what their choices were worth in the long run.

CS Lewis wrote a fascinating book called The Screwtape Letters, which is from a high ranking devil to his subordinate with advice on how to lead his assigned person to hell. It is fascinating reading, because it warns the reader who might be complacent about his standing with God.
Arnobius

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:00 am

Day 2:

Hey all!! I trust everything is well with you? I hope anyway..^-^

I just finished reading my Bible today...WOOT! It was quite interesting too...I am still reading Psalms...my goal is to read the entire book before I go back to school...and I hope to meet that goal...

I read in Pslams 3-4 today (and just so you know...I sometimes read the MESSAGE bible...and take notes off of it...and sometimes I read the NIV version..I will always copy and paste NIV versions because I know how some feel about The Message...

OK! here is what I read! ^_^

Psalm 3
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver him."
Selah [g]

3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift [h] up my head.

4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

7 Arise, O LORD!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

8 From the LORD comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.
Selah

Psalm 4
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.
1 Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame ?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods [j] ?
Selah

3 Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.

4 In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
Selah

5 Offer right sacrifices
and trust in the LORD.

6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.

7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.

8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.

What this said to ME:

Psalms 3:

Even in our darkest hours God hears our cries..

When we truly seek God's help with all our heart, He will answer, for He is stronger than ALL of our problems and enemies...

Psalms 4:

How long will we take advantage of God's Glory? How long must we ignore him, and concentrate our minds on Earthly desires and treasures?

God has called us to be a "Holy Race" we are a royal Priest Hood

1st Peter 2:9 (NIV) says: [[I]But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to the GoD, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

So what do you all think? Did you all read anything interesting today that you would like to share?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:05 pm

Day 3:
Hey all! how are you all doing today? I just finished reading some more of Psalms CHECK IT OUT! ^_^

Psalm 5

For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.
1 Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.
2 Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.

7 But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make straight your way before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with destruction.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongue they speak deceit.

10 Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 6
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith.[a]

A psalm of David.
1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave [b] ?

6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Here is what I got out of it today! ^_^

Psalms 5:

David, the author starts out begging for God's Guidance...he tells how he eagerly waits for God to answer... to me, that says a lot...As christians, we need to pray continuously...and without ceasing... We need to always keep in conversation with God... and never forget that he is with us..no matter what we do....

David goes on to say, that despite God's stance against sin, (He can't be around it...because of how perfectly powerful and amazing He is.) he would still welcome him with open arms... ISn't that awesome!? God loves us despite our flaws, that if we would just put down everything earthly, and temporary, and fleeting that he would allow us to be with him? If we would just accept the gift of Salvation..we could have that fellowship with God!

(I am talking about the basics here guys, I know that some of us aren't the same denomination so I hope no one takes offence...^_^; )

Pslams 6: David is obviously asking for forgivness, no BEGGINg for forgiveness and help with a sinful act he commited...I read this and I am like, "WOW! God is THAT powerful! That he can forgive anything! Isn't that amazing? That no matter what we do, as long as we acknowledge our sin we will be forgiven? I love how God just erased our sins for us...and never brings them up again.. I love how he chose to save us from eternal death because he loves us.

I love how he can protect us from the world's lies if we allow him. I JUST LOVE GOD and all he does for us daily!!

Isn't it awesome? I think so...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Yep!! it is indeed Awesome!! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:18 pm

[quote="ChristianRonin"](I am talking about the basics here guys, I know that some of us aren't the same denomination so I hope no one takes offence...^_^]

Don't worry. At this level there is no conflict... sounds like something I'd see in my Church
Arnobius

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Don't worry. At this level there is no conflict... sounds like something I'd see in my Church

Alright...^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:50 pm

Psalm 7
A shiggaion[a] of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush, a Benjamite.
1 O LORD my God, I take refuge in you;
save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
2 or they will tear me like a lion
and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

3 O LORD my God, if I have done this
and there is guilt on my hands-

4 if I have done evil to him who is at peace with me
or without cause have robbed my foe-

5 then let my enemy pursue and overtake me;
let him trample my life to the ground
and make me sleep in the dust.
Selah

6 Arise, O LORD, in your anger;
rise up against the rage of my enemies.
Awake, my God; decree justice.

7 Let the assembled peoples gather around you.
Rule over them from on high;

8 let the LORD judge the peoples.
Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness,
according to my integrity, O Most High.

9 O righteous God,
who searches minds and hearts,
bring to an end the violence of the wicked
and make the righteous secure.

10 My shield [b] is God Most High,
who saves the upright in heart.

11 God is a righteous judge,
a God who expresses his wrath every day.

12 If he does not relent,
he [c] will sharpen his sword;
he will bend and string his bow.

13 He has prepared his deadly weapons;
he makes ready his flaming arrows.

14 He who is pregnant with evil
and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment.

15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out
falls into the pit he has made.

16 The trouble he causes recoils on himself;
his violence comes down on his own head.

17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness
and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 8
For the director of music. According to gittith [d].

A psalm of David.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [e]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [f]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,

hmm how about this time...you all tell me what you think about this? *evil laugh*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:36 pm

[quote="ChristianRonin"]

Psalm 8
For the director of music. According to gittith [d].

A psalm of David.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [e]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [f]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands]

Psalm 8

Like it says in verse 4 what is man that you are mindful of him?? I mean looking at the moon and the stars, it makes me wonder..why on earth does he care about me?? I mean I stand next to the ocean...and its incredible to think that the God that made this ocean loves me more than anything else that He created. All the amazing things God has made and yet, he chooses us to be the one's He loves, He put us above the animals..And just a little lower than the angels. Yet we are the one's that He chose to save. He cares for us everyday, gives us food to eat and clothes to wear. Its amazing, His great love for us, no matter how many times we turn away, He always brings us back, and dosen't ever love us less than before. So, as it says in verse 9...

O Lord our Lord how majestic is you name in all the earth!!
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:03 pm

St Augustine, writing back in the 4th century said "He loves each of us as if there was only one of us."

I like to think of that in conjunction with this psalm. God doesn't just love humanity as a mass, but each individual with that infinite love. It really brings home how He wants to take care of us if we accept that love.
Arnobius

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth