Weekly Bible Passages

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Weekly Bible Passages

Postby DuelShocker3 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:55 am

I'm going to post them all in one thread to make it easier. :)

This week's passage is from Luke 15:1-10.

Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. But Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country abd go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoycing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoyice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way I tell you, there is rejoycing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

That was this week's passage. :)
DuelShocker3

Postby DuelShocker3 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:53 pm

This week's passage is from Romans 14:1-4.

Accept him whose faith is weak without passing judgement on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

That was this week's passage. :)
DuelShocker3

Postby SailorX » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:29 am

My fav Bible verse for Christians is (and Japanese):

Koroseijin 4(Shi):5(Go)to 6(Roku)-atae rareta kinai wo saidaigen niinashite, anata ga tamo, kono yoishirase wo hito gito nitsute enasai.kare ratoha, itsumo kashiko shinchouni setsushi nasai.anata ga tanokai waga, ryou shikiteki dearizeni niafure ruyou kokoro ga henasai. sou sereba,aiten hitori hitori niteki setsun kotaega dekimas(u).

English- Colossians 4:5 &6-Make the most of your chances to tell others the good news. Be wise in all your contacts with them. Let your Conversation be gracious as well as sensible, for then you will have the right answer for everyone.
SailorX

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:05 am

That is so awesome~ (Seireisamano Se 's post)
I have a friend that's not Christian, and is Japanese** I think I'll show him that* :) I'm always so amazed when people show me Christian things in Japanese for some reason. Just the other day a new friend tried to teach me a Christian praise song in Japanese from her brother who was a missionary in Japan! wow~~
~amazed :)
~~~Beautiful things~ Beautiful places~~~
There's so much to be thankful for*
I love you Lord, you Bless me so much*
:)
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby Technomancer » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:20 pm

22 For great power always belonged to thee alone: and who shall resist the strength of thy arm?

23 For the whole world before thee is as the least grain of the balance, and as a drop of the morning dew, that falleth down upon tho earth.

24 But thou hast mercy upon all, because thou canst do all things, and overlookest the sins of men for the sake of repentance.

25 For thou lovest all things that are, and hatest none of the things which thou hast made: for thou didst not appoint, or make any thing hating it.

26 And how could any thing endure, if thou wouldst not? or be preserved, if not called by thee?

27 But thou sparest all: because they are thine, O Lord, who lovest souls.

(Wisdom 11:22-27, DRV)
Just one of my favourite passages, both for its message and its poetics.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth