Long Story

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Long Story

Postby meboeck » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:09 am

This could take a while because God has brought me through so much. The people who know me probably don't know some of this stuff.
I've been saved since I was five, but I have had so many trials. When I was in elementary school, I moved twice and ended up having a hard time making friends. When I was ten, my mom had breast cancer. Luckily, she didn't need chemotherapy, but it took two surgeries to get all the cancer out. A few years later, my parents almost got divorced and wouldn't tell me why. At the same time, my brother came home from college because he was suffering from depression. I finally found out about my parents' issues when I was in high school. I didn't realize it, but I was slowly falling into depresssion.
Then 9/11 happened. It apparently put my aunt over the edge, and she killed herself the next day. Since depression runs in my family, my mom and I both became depressed to the point that we eventually ended up on medication. In the meantime, we had horrible arguments all the time. God was the only reason my mom and I got into counseling.
After I had been on medication for about nine months, I went on a weekend retreat with my church youth group and forgot my medication. I got really depressed just at the though that I might get depressed. In a day, I was completely shattered. That night, everyone started praying after the service. I laid down on the floor, crying my eyes out. Finally, I said "God I give this up to you." and I knew I had been healed.
Two months later, things fell apart again. For those who haven't seen my profile, I am a dancer. I used to be in The Nutcracker every year. I was the Mouse King and my teacher was the Nutcracker. But he couldn't perform because on opening night he was arrested for sexual abuse. The next day I found out my mom had gotten breast cancer in her remaining breast. A few months later, my brother ended up in a mental hospital because of depression. Meanwhile, my mom was starting chemo. That summer, God put me exactly where I needed to be. I went to a Christian dance camp run by a company called Ballet Magnificat. While I was there, I found out my mom's cancer might have spread to her neck. My teacher was also found guilty at trial while I was there. The tumor in my mom's neck was indeed found to be cancerous. It was wonderful to be surrounded by Godly peers and adults in that time of chaos. God performed an amazing miracle while I was at camp. On the last day, I found out that the doctors had messed up the scan of my mom's neck, and it was not cancerous! My brother's issue has not subsided, and my teacher is in jail, but God gave me a great peace and hope through that situation that I will never lose.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Zane » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:15 pm

Woah man. You have had it tough.

Romans 8;28 says- "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

And what is his purpose, and 'for the good for those who love him'? To be molded into the image of his son Jesus, the Christ. Thats what he's doing to you Meboeck, all the struggles you're going through are not in vain and are being used by God to strengthen you and glorify Jesus, so that you might also be Christ-like, humble and patient.

Thanks for sharing that with us, and best wishes for the future mate.
Zane

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:29 pm

nathan im glad you're strong with Christ now. You're truely a good friend to me, john 1 and john 2. And a lot of us
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth