What do you like to write?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

What do you like to write?

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

He guys I was just wondering, what do you like to write? Novels? poetry? prose? screen play?

Also, what genre do you guys like to write?

How do you get into your creative mindset?

I am personally getting into writing screenplays in class. I have a 15 minute one due at the end of the semester and next semester we have a write a 120 minute feature! The one I'm working on is going to be an animated adventure short, then gonna try to turn it into the feature.

So yeah, what do you guys like to write?
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Re: What do you like to write?

Postby LastLfan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:30 pm

I've mostly written short stories but am planning on writing a novel for nanowrimo. Genre wise it has to be one of the imaginative fiction catagories, fantasy, sci-fi or any sub genres of those.
LastLfan

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm

I like novels, and fantasy especially though every now and then I'll write something based in reality. Relatively speaking.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:18 pm

LastLfan wrote:I've mostly written short stories but am planning on writing a novel for nanowrimo. Genre wise it has to be one of the imaginative fiction catagories, fantasy, sci-fi or any sub genres of those.

Neat! I haven't written many short stories. Though I have written ones I've never finished ^.^;
Hope you novel turns out well, what's it about?
I'm mostly a fiction or fantasy guy myself, though I do have one screenplay based on how my grandma and grandpa's relationship got together. <3 :)
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:25 pm

The basic concept of the novel is this circus for orphans set in a steampunk Victorian England. Each orphan has been adopted by the ringmaster and taught a skill, the main character Thomas is a magician and an inventor and creates a clockwork wand that can do real "magic".
LastLfan

Postby Kaori » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Journals. Poetry. Vignettes. Stories of various length (short- mid-range), mostly imaginative fiction, also mostly incomplete. Occasionally I will write a prayer or a very short piece of devotional prose.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:11 am

Poetry, Short stories, musicals, and any genre of fiction.
yukoxholic

Postby FreddyCast » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm

I like to write stories in screen play form, not because I prefer it, but because it sort of turned into a habit.
The genre are sometimes action, drama, adventure, romance, sci-fi, and fantasy.
I listen to epic trailer music (TSFH, Immediate Music, Audiomachine, etc.) to motivate me and get me in the right mood to write stories.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Usually I enjoy writing drama, comedy, action, fantasy, and even some romance. I like to include a little bit of everything in a project if possible. I have several big projects, and I do write some short stories (though they're usually part of one of the bigger universes I've created). I'd really like to get some of my stories into a manga/comic form once I'm better at drawing.

LastLfan wrote:The basic concept of the novel is this circus for orphans set in a steampunk Victorian England. Each orphan has been adopted by the ringmaster and taught a skill, the main character Thomas is a magician and an inventor and creates a clockwork wand that can do real "magic".

This seems like a really cool concept. Have you posted any of it online anywhere?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby LastLfan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Not yet, so far it's just a basic plot, I'll be doing it for NaNoWriMo so I want some of the plot hammered out before then. Been looking for someone to help me brainstorm.
LastLfan

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Code. :P
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:44 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:Code. :P

...*facepalm*

I like to write fantasy, though I've been having trouble getting back to my writing, so a lot of my stuff is unfinished. I like listening to music when I'm writing, but then again, I like listening to music all the time, so I'm not sure that counts, haha. I like to do novels and short stories. I've done NaNoWriMo for the last three (or is it just two) years, which was a big help in getting me writing in the first place. I would definitely recommend NaNoWriMo to anyone who is interested, I've found it to be a lot of fun. :thumb:
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

I actually don't write nearly as much as I'd like to, mostly because of a lack of time. If I had time I'd probably be constantly writing. But my favorite genre to write would probably have to be medieval fiction. I tried my hand at satire once (for Nano last year, the story's here on the forums), and that failed pretty brilliantly. Which is a bummer, because I think I would enjoy that if I was any good at it.
When I'm not actually trying to accomplish anything, I love writing ridiculous comedy that makes no sense whatsoever.

To get into my mindset? Music, definitely. On occasion I'll get a good idea from an anime, though. But listening to music definitely brings out the best in my writing. Although if it doesn't match the mood of what I'm writing, it can make things weird...and I often accidentally make scenes waaaay too emotional or make my characters think too much if it's more slow-paced/gentle/sad music. Song of storm and fire has produced some fantastically epic fight/escape/intense scenes.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 pm

I haven't finished anything in FOREVER, and even then I've only finished short stories.

But I always have some kind of fantasy story going on in my head, so I'm determined to start writing more. I actually recently started a space western, but so that I feel like I can do a little at a time, I'm writing it as a blog. I was already doing one, so the fictional one is in a parallel universe to the one about my real life. The links WOULD be in my sig, but it won't show up for some reason.
teen4truth

Return to Writing