RPG: GOBLIN BLOOD chapt.1

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

RPG: The Dawning chapt.1

Postby webranger7 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:34 am

Goblin Blood
THE DAWNING chapt.1

My story is composed of fantasy type material like: elves, goblins, orcs, wizards, etc.. It takes place in a lord of the rings type of environment and I'm hoping to continue this story as I go on. I am writing without even knowing the ending. I know some people write backwards from the end, which is a great way to do it.

Foward: The story begins in a town called Meldova in the area Lexmark, which is a continent. A swarm of goblins and orcs, and things of that sort, rule the area with a strict dictatorship. Ale is always the number one sales and market product. Humans work as surfs to work on farms and work at brewerys. The other races, including: gnomes,elves, half-orcs, half-lings, etc., live in peace together and are free from the slavery that wreeks in the shadows. But, the goblins are getting stronger and make all sort of fortresses and castles to protect their security and the other races do the same. Now the world stands still and the story unfolds as our group of young travelers find eachother.

Character outline: Aust, Elven Ranger, Daulf, Elven Wizard, Thokk, Half-orc Barbarian, Glim, Gnome Illusionist, Elborne, Human Fighter.

Chapter1, The Beginning: Aust looked out the window of the tavern, remembering his wife and her death the day before. He could not stand alone against the party of orcs who had killed his whole family. He was so very troubled and was haunted by the bard on stage, who sang a beautiful Elven love song. But still, his dream kept coming back. The death of his wife. The whole scenario clung to mind like chains.

"Aye, my friend. What troubles you so?" Glim asked, as if he knew by the look in Aust's eyes. " I cannot bear my mind much longer. My wife was killed yesterday and I was right there, watching." " Ahhh yes, troubles like that do come. But hey, I've got an idea! What if I give you a mind blurring potion? When you take it, it clears your mind of all neggative thoughts and emotions," Glim said excitely. " Maybe, but will the thoughts come back?" "I'm not sure. I made it a week ago by getting the recipe from an old witch down the road about seven miles from here. She seemed like a nice old hag and I bought the ingredients too." Aust thought about it for a moment or two. Did he really want to forget the death of his wife, or did he want it to haunt him for the rest of his life. "Well! I'll take it." "Good, this is excellent! Let me go pull it out of my pony's pouch," Glim said as he ran out the door.

Anger was raging in Aust. He felt more and more anger rising above the orcs and goblins that ruled the land. He was sick of watching them torcher and kill others and they had done to his family. Then, the door of the tavern opened. He was relieved because he thought it was Glim, but it wasn't. It was a half-orc, which Aust was not excited about. It reminded him to much of the purebread orcs. The creature's name was Thokk, a barbarian of the land. He was a retired bounty hunter and was getting a mug of ale. When the creature had payed for his drink he came to Aust's table. "Uhhh, sir, would you care if I sat down here." "Uhhhh, I don't know," Aust replied, with the predjudice going through his mind. "Don't worry sir, I'm not an evil orc like my brothers. I won't harm you," the orc said with a sincere voice. "Ohhh, aliright! Sit down!" Aust said, disgusted by the orc's smell. "Oh thankyou sir!" "Ok ok ok, just relax!" "Oh, ofcourse! Sorry," the orc said, acting almost hurt for the way he had reacted.

Glim rushed back in, smiling with excitement. "Ok Aust! Just take a sip of this stuff and you'll feel like a new man." Aust sipped the concoction and realized something. It was ale! "What, this isn't a potion, it's ale! "Aust said, immediately spitting it out. " Well ofcourse, the main ingredient is ale. Without it, it would taste like hogwash." "Well, as a matter of fact, I don't drink because I hate alcohol and the reaction it has to the body. I'm not some bumbling drunkard," Aust said, showing his pride as a sober man. "Well, sorry that's the main ingredient. I guess we'll have to find another recipe.

The small group sat together at a table, passing around stories about girls and things of that sort. Finally, they got serious and to the point. They all wanted independence from the orcs and goblins. Thokk felt uncofortable at times because of his orc descendents and his heritage. "I'm tired of hearing of how the orcs have torchered your families and burning your homes. Make it all stop!!!" Thokk yelled, anger swelling within him. "Uhhh, I'm sorry my friend. We did not mean you. For you are but a half-orc, a creature, I mean person, of orc and human descent. Do not take this as a threat," Glim countered, trying to make things right. "Look, ORC, are you with us or not? If you are not, then leave this place and never return. For we are purebread in our race. You are but a spec in our way, so choose!" Aust raged. "I will join you on one condition. Give me ten gold pieces so that I may buy some ale and supplies for our mission, for I already have the best weaponry." Aust and Glim looked at eachother for a moment. Were they going to give a half-orc money to go out and shop, without knowing where he came from or what his mindset was. What if he went out and got drunk, or gambled his money away. Or, were they going to risk their time and money on this creature to show compassion and integrity.

Go to chapter 2...
webranger7

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:00 pm

Potential... I'll let others do more commenting. I would have one thing to add, however:

paragraphs.
uc pseudonym

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:39 pm

Thanks for editing that. It makes things so much clearer.
uc pseudonym

Postby webranger7 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:42 am

PACK YOUR BAGS Chapt.2

"Look, Thokk, we have thought this over and we have an agreement," Aust said. "We will give you the ten gold pieces you want, but, you must promise not to break away from helping us fight our enemy, the orcs and goblins. Can you handle that?"Glim asked, thinking that that Thokk wouldn't do it. "I will!" Thokk replied. "I will not join my evil brothers who choose evil instead of good. For I am but of good nature and I vow that I will not harm a single human, elf, gnome, and others of good nature." "Good then! We shall make a plan for our destruction of the goblin empire."

Then, they all sat down, drank some ale, and made their plan. They decided that they would travel the road through the dungeons, instead of the hills, which most people usualled traveled. Tokorn was the next town they would travel to. They knew they were risking there lives, but they knew it was for the common good, to save humanity and all humanoids from the grip of the goblin reign.

Aust sad on his bed in the inn and wondered whether he could find people to help them on their quest. He knew many sought vengance over the goblins as he did, but would they have the courage to fight the beasts and creatures that lurked in the places of darkness. Well, probably not. It was the real thing that was troubling Aust most in his mind. All of a sudden, Aust heard a scratch on the door and a hissing squeak. Then, wood shavings started shooting out of a burrowing whole. A tiny face poked through the hole with a moist nose and sharp teeth, squeeking! Aust, almost naked, took his longsword and stood erect to take on the creature that was lurking behind the door. Moments later, the door had a large hole at the bottom and the creature pounced into the room. It was a oversized rat, hissing and snapping, a few feet from Aust. Then, the rat jumped and landed on Aust, knocking him over. Then ofcourse, how is Aust going to hit the rat now that he is on the floor with a rat clung to his chest. Guess!!! Well, he pulled a dagger from a pocket in his boots. And, he stabbed the rat. The rat still attacked, just as lively as before. Sooooo, Aust stabbed the rat again. Still it did not kill the rat.

Now, let's pause this scenario. Why isn’t the rat dead at this moment? Because the rat's AC (Armor Class) is 12, and the attack bonus of these characters is only +1. Thus leaves us that Aust does not have a +1 attack bonus, so I'm going to say that Aust rolled the maximum to not hit the rat. 10 or below on the roll, and ofcourse the attack bonus is +1 and that would be 11. So, that would be the maximum he could get missing the rat. ok!!! ok. :) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Anyway!

So, Aust stabbed the rat and finally killed it, after being scraped by the rats claws at least five times. The rat fell off his stomach and died. Now Aust examined the rat. It had a necklace on it that looked goblinish (or whatever the heck you call it). "Would could this be," he thought. He looked at it for a while, then threw the remains out the window. Soon after, he went to sleep and forgot what he had seen.

The next morning, he awoke and looked at the neclace on the nightstand. Then, he remembered the thing. The attack rat, the unbearably stupid reason he did not kill the rat sooner, and the neclace with goblinish markings. After remembering, he picked up the foul looking ornament and put it in his pocket and left the room when he had packed his things for the trip.

When he had checked out, he found Thokk and Glim. "Aye friend did you sleep well?"Glim asked, looking like he had gotten his beauty sleep. "Actually, no, a dire rat somehow prowled into my room after penetrating my door. Then he jumped onto my chest and lashed at me. I tried to hit him with my dagger but he would'nt fall, so I hit him one last time and he was dead. And, he had a strange collar on him which looked like goblin carvings, so I suppose he had a master." Aust explained. "May I see that?" Thokk asked. "Sure, you'll probably know what it is, having goblin upbringing. Tell me, what is it? Aust commented. "Well, it looks like my uncle's." "What?" "Yes, my uncle killed my father and I wish vengence on him. I know what this is because my father and uncle were orc (well ofcourse, would do you think. was you father a fish) and they were royalty. My father was older, so he got to be king and my brother sought vengance to be king also. Now, my uncle sends me little gifts of terror, which try to kill me and those I know." "Wha??? Why didn't you tell us this." Aust asked, looking suspicious. "Well, well, well!!!" "Oh be quiet! We need to go, so has everybody packed there equipment?" "Aye!"everbody yelled. "Okay, pick up your stuff and lets go." Aust said, and thus they were on there way to adventure.

Don't worry! Chapter 3 is coming...;)
webranger7

Chapters 3 and 4

Postby webranger7 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:16 am

FOREST THIEVES Chapt.3

The band were on their way and were doing well in there travels, finding items on the road that could be useful. Little did they know that thieves and robbers lurked in the forests, goblin and gnoll types. For there were very few that were not robbed, and maybe killed, on this route. And as it grew nightfall they didn't seek shelter, but kept to the road.

"Hey Aust, are you sure it's not unsafe out hear with so many vermin following us,"Glim asked, frightened by every sound he heard. "Do not worry friend. I know this forest like the back of my hand you know. Don't be scared. We're taking a shortcut." Aust did not know where he was going, really. He just felt he had to push them on, before they grew weary and left. "I hope you're right, because I know the creatures who enshroud these forests, one especially." said Thokk. "Who?" they asked. "Well, I met him once meself. He was an ogre in my father's lineage. He was into big trade with the orcs, then he was attacked by my uncle. They say he was killed, along with his little village in this forest. I say he's still alive."

Now seriously, is there anyone who's not related to Thokk. I mean, COM'ON! Anyway... on with the story.

Goblins hid in the woods, with their morningstars and shields, ready to attack them. For, they had visual contact with all three and were getting ready to make their move. "Alright, lets take them out, shall we," said the head goblin. "Aye!" the rest of them said. There were about eight in all, including the hobgoblins, which were three.

"Charge!" the three heard, and saw the foliage waving rapidly off the road. Then, they saw the eight figures jump onto the road. "Lets, get them," the Aust said, and they charged. Aust pulled out his lonsword with his shield, Glim with his crossbow, and Thokk with his greataxe. Aust went in and wacked one the hobgoblins heads off, which was the leader. The head flew into the air and landed on Glims crossbow, which made him drop it in disgust and activated the crossbow to shoot a bolt at Thokk's rear end. Is that to descriptive. Tell me if it is. Then, Thokked roared with pain, almost as though he had an ulsur. This caused him to lose consciousnous from battle. A few goblins took a swing at him, but they missed. Now Glim pick up his crossbow, the head right beside it, and shot a goblin, killing it. At this time Aust had killed the two remaining hobgoblins with his spin move and was running for the goblins chasing after Thokk.

Thokk was in major trouble, and laying on the ground moaning (I wouldn't blame him). At the same time, one goblin was just about to hit him in the face but luckily, Glim had given him a fatal bolt to the chest and the creature fell over. Now three more goblins were remain. As Aust and Glim were distracting them, Thokk pulled the arrow from his butt and took out his shortbow. Then he got up and nudged three arrows onto his bow (somehow) and shot two goblins chasing Aust. Then Aust, seeing he was not outnumbered, stabbed the last goblin through the leg. Now, this was for a reason. The three, at least Glim and Aust, were looking for inside information on this this thieves guild that had just attacked them.

"Ok pal, what the deal, and who are you looking for?"Aust asked angerly, like he had just broke a blood vessel. "Uh Uh Uhhhh!!!" "Tell us!" "Alright, our master, Kern, ordered us to kill anybody on this shortcut and take all their belongings." "Who's Kern?" "He's a ogre that took over these parts a century ago." "Hey Thokk!"Aust motioned. "Is this the same ogre that knew your father?" Aust asked Thokk. "Yes, very much so. I bet he would have organized this." Aust sat and searched the goblin, and he found what he was looking for. "Look, the neclace!"Aust yelled. "Where did you get that neclace?" "Kern gives one to all who serve him," replied the goblin. "What do you think Thokk? Is there any connection?" "There might be, and if it is, we're in deep trouble." Thokk replied, looking more anguished than ever.

The Aust killed the goblin and the group threw the bodies into the middle of the road, so that all that went by saw the danger of shortcut. Then, they set up camp and went to sleep.

THE THIEF IN THE NIGHT Chapt.4

As our heroes were sleeping, something less furocious was lurking in the woods near them. It was a human, and multiclass lets say. Half fighter, half rouge he was. The group did not notice the fiend in the middle of their camp. The man searched their bags and found a few things he prized. Then, Thokk had a big yawn and scared the heck out of the man, causing him to scream (or yell, matters how masculan he is). Then the half-orc woke up and pulled his dagger from his bag and leaped on the man. "Please please please, don't hurt me!" the man yelled. "Why shouln't I?" asked Thokk, acting like he enjoyed mentally torchering the man. "Please, just spare my life, for I am poor. I was just trying to get a few supplies." "Oh, and I see you like my shortbow. Ahhh, right! Wake up Aust! We got ourselves a thief."
Glim woke up as well and saw that they had captured someone. The mans name, as they had found out, was Elborne. He had been robbed himself, when he accidentaly decided to sleep in a tree. Little did the man though that goblins slept in trees as well. The man had been stripped of his clothes (except the VITAL clothing), his gear, and his weapons. This had given the man the urge to steal, of course. But, this man had recovered a few things by stealing from not so intelligent life forms, orcs. Thokk did not like that comment in his story, but he realized that he was the reason for capturing the man. The man had some studded leather, a greatsword, and a few supplies, which the group thought were enough supplies for a man to survive without continuing to steal. The man also had stolen a few gold pieces and a ruby, from a bugbear. This ended being a deal where the Elborne gave his ruby to them and the shortbow back to Thokk for stealing from them, and the man had to stay and fight with them. The consequence for not staying with the group would be death (isn't that a great way to get followers).

"Look, I'll help you out for a while but..." "Ah ah ah! You will stay with us for as long as we need you, got it?" asked Aust, staring into the man's eyes. "Oh, alright! But!!!" "Shhhh!!!" Aust motioned once again. The man was in their hands. Now, they had a ranger, barbarian, fighter, and an illusionist. All of them soon settled down again and slept till dawn the next morning, for they had peace in their minds. That was a sense that came once in a lifetime.

THE CREATURE OF THE BLACK FOREST Chapt.5

stay tuned for the next chapter in which our heroes meet the band responsible for trying to kill them... coming wednesday...

:thumb:
webranger7

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:23 am

I could just tell you myself, but I might as well do it here. Also start new paragraphs whenever a new character begins speaking.

No, it isn't too descriptive.
uc pseudonym

Postby webranger7 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:47 am

Yes, you're right. I need to work a little more on proof reading. I'll try and edit it.
webranger7

Return to Writing