Character Quotes!

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Character Quotes!

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:38 pm

For those who write fiction here... and I mean both original and fanfiction, though this is geared more toward originals...

Have you had quotes for your characters come to you that, after they come to you, you just think "Wow! How did I come up with that?"

I think some of my characters have had (or in some cases where I need to write the scenes, will have) some very cool quotes. Here are some of my favorites:

"Life is but brevity and pain. Thank God for the brevity." __ Lady Boheme', (a very depressed character from my novel, "Dreamer's Rhlem")

"Humans. At the most very dangerous, at the least... very annoying." __ Stonehound the wind dog (also from my novel).

"There is no honor, necessarily, in strength. It is the weak that give the strong a reason for being." __ Undecided on character as yet (but I wanna put it in the sequel to my novel).

"You know, Quar, most warriors name their weapons. You should really name your swords."

"Some men name their private parts. It doesn't mean I have to." __ Darkchristian Le'on and Quar Magnus, from my webcomic.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

My best Trigun fanfic quotes

Postby MillyFan » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:06 pm

my humor fics:

from my first humor attempt, my AU "Trigun Meets People's Court"

"People's Court of the city of New California is in session, Judge Warner presiding."
The judge taps his gavel, causing both men to dive at the banging sound.
"Both of you! There is no need for that-you were supposed to rise, not dive."
"Sorry, force of habit."
(the judge to Hoppered the Gauntlet) "Understood. Be seated. Be quiet."

"Hmmmm. Interesting, anyway, that's it for today's edition of the People's Court. Stay tuned for 'The Faye Valentine FanService Show'-this week's topic 'Strange Hand Obsessions.' What do you mean the Faye Valentine Show is off air this week? Who paid $$10 million double dollars to get it canceled? Legato who? You mean I have to stay here and fill time for two hours? EEEEEEAGHHHHHHHHHH!"

From my best humor fic IMHO, the mostly in-universe "The Great Gunsmoke Smokeout"

"You smoke in the house. It's the same thing. She will have lungs as black as yours before she's one! Also, you almost died back there. . .and when you came back to me, you said you never wanted to leave me alone again. . .and these-" Milly snatches Wolfwood's lit cigarette from his lips and unceremoniously throws it in the trash can- "these things will be the death of you yet!" she leans against him, crying pitifully, as the garbage can erupts into flames.

Wolfwood lunges for the nearby pitcher of iced tea that Milly had brought in, throwing it on the flaming papers. "Milly, honey. . .next time you have to make a point-"

"And smoking also starts fires and wastes good iced tea!"

Milly to a very stressed Wolfwood: "Well, this smokeout has already saved one life! That bounty hunter looking for Mr. Vash ran away after robbing the place!"

Clerk in same store to Wolfwood "Cold turkey isn't too bad-I've done it a hundred times."

"What does it look like, Tongari? My gun? Of course it's a pacifier!" Wolfwood to Vash. . .you have to read it to totally get this scene. . .

"It stresses you to think so much, darling. I don't have any stress at all, unlike you and Sempai seem to-"
"That's because we both have to do someone else's thinkin' too!"
"Look at that! That's the biggest icebox I've ever seen, darling."
"Now honey, I don't think we need that."
"Why not? Everyone would come to our house just to see it, and maybe we could charge visitors at the door for the orphanage fund-" Wolfwood and Milly exchange. . .

"It was all your fault! I know you and Knives are homicidal maniacs bent on the destruction of all humanity, but couldn't you at least be considerate neighbors?"
"The boombox was Master's idea. Even I wanted to sleep by that hour." Wolfwood and Legato.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:22 pm

"Kai, there have been days when I've cried- yes cried, wondering why God has allowed us to fall this far."- Joeseph Morecraft, a rather depressed character on the outside... From my fiction story Jesus Freaks.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:17 am

This is from a chapter in my graphic novel, AFTER LAND, titled, "Tea with Sofi."

The main character has just walked in and sees his well-mannered pet rat, Sofi (who talks) having tea with the new stranger in town, Malachi, a serpent who has a continuous flame burning at the top of his head.

Sano: Okay, this is too weird. He's a serpent, with a burning flame on his head. We could roast marshmallows on his head.

Sofi: Don't be rude to our guest, Sano.

[There is then a scene drawn of a little chibi Sano and Sofi roasting marshmallows on top of Malachi's head. He is not amused.]

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby EireWolf » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:15 am

:lol: That's a funny mental picture...

I just went through all my prose, and my characters don't seem to be very quotable. Or at least, their quotes wouldn't be very funny or make sense out of context...

Hmm, for a second there I was almost tempted to try to work on my novel-in-progress... then I came to my senses and realized I already have too much to do in my art classes! :sweat:
EireWolf

Postby Icarus » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:48 pm

...a slow and excrutiating death involving hot glue and wood chips.

From The Fabled Past.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:01 am

I like that quote too, Icarus. LOL

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Return to Writing