Weekly Fanfic Pics!

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Weekly Fanfic Pics!

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:43 pm

Alright... not sure this is the correct forum for this, but I think that putting it in Writing is best.

This is how this works. This is a way for people to (hopefully) find great anime fanfictions. Everyone replying to this thread is allowed one fanfic link post a week, including me. I'll post a link today, then I will refrain from posting any more until next Tuesday. If you post a fic link on Wednsday, you wait until next Wedsnday to post again,a nd on like that.

Here are the rules:

1. The story link you post can be from any archive. It can be from ff.net, fandomination, or from a fansite. However, it CANNOT be one of YOUR OWN fics. It has to be written by another author. This is fairness so people arent' begging "Read my fic! Read my fic!" nor bragging about their own work. The work can be works done by people on this forum, of course (though they don't have to be), but the fic link posts cannot be your own fics.

2. The Link has to be an anime fanfiction. Yes, I know a lot of people here like Lord of the Rings, The X-Files and whatnot.. .but since this is for anime fanfiction, please keep the link posts to fanfiction of animes and/or mangas.

3. In keeping with the rules and spirit of this forum, NO yaoi, yuri, shonen-ai or shojo-ai, please. If the fic links contains any of these elements, they must be very, very mild and periphriel - like, the fic doesn't center on it, an EXTREMELY mild side thing - like something the author might have put in for a light humor touch. It is preferable for fic links to not even have that.

4. Ratings G - PG.... NO content rating higher than PG-13. If the fic link is PG-13, it had better be very, very good, good enough for people to be able to overlook some of the cotent that makes it PG-13 - the fic must have enough redeemable/good/moral qualities to justify the link being posted here despite the PG-13 rating. It is best to stick to G-PG.

5. Please have the title of the fic in the link, and you must credit the author. The author's name/pen name must appear. Also state the anime/manga the fanfiction is of, the genre (humor, drama, ect. ), and breifly what it is about.

6. Breif statement of why you are recommending this fic - why do you like it?

7. Fanfics can be new or old. It doesn't matter when they were published, as long as they're good. They can be short fics, or long fics, single chapter, or multiple chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shall start. My fanfic pic, for the Week of 10/21/03

Physics 101 by Ukyou Kuonji
Azumanga Daioh fanfic. Rated G. Humor
Breif Summary: Osaka tries to learn Chiyo-chan's secret through science.

I recommend this story because... it's just hilarious! It will only make sense if you've seen the anime "Azumanga Daioh". All the characters are written well and true to character, with funny results!
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby MillyFan » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:58 pm

Edited because of quotation opening chapter 6 of Last Chance being offensive. I'm sorry I forgot about that quote guys :red:

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Ashley » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:24 pm

Again, can you guys ask the administration if this sort of stuff is ok? Even a simple "hey, we were thinking about doing such and such, that ok?" would suffice. If it's some word/goof-off game, that's a little different, but something like this or art contests or the like, please ask first, ok?
Ashley

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:59 pm

I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm still figuring out how things work here. Um... is it okay?
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Ashley » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:10 pm

The administration is a little tied up with dealing with trolls again, so bear with us if it takes a few days to answer. We've got trolls to deal with, the art contest, numerous projects, and now this. So just please be patient with us in replying, ok?

Oh, and basic rule of thumb: if it involves some sort of lengthy effort or ongoing "award" (like this), and it is not a word game (like association or round robin), then it needs to be approved.
Ashley

Postby MillyFan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:24 am

I'm sorry everyone :red: I did not know this was against the rules either. I've edited my post. Sorry :red: :sniffle:

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Return to Writing