My first online fanfic... EVER!:)

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

My first online fanfic... EVER!:)

Postby SVD997 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:58 pm

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, on a planet known as Correlia, a young man, no more than twenty could be seen outside of a seedy cantina. The young man was obviously waiting for someone. He would glance up and down the street, which resembled more of an alley than a street, looking for his contact. He had recieved a call from a certain Hutt regarding a delivery. All the young man knew was he was to wait for a Twi'lek to bring him a datapad with the information on it. The Hutt had no doubt in the young man's skills. The young man had been flying speeders since as long as he could remember, and he was arguably one of the best around. He had never flown a spaceship. He had read all about it, and he was pretty confident he could do it, but there was a glimmer of doubt. The young man looked down the street once more, and this time he saw what he was looking for. The Twi'lek approached him.
"Han Solo?" the Twi'lek asked in Basic.
"Who wants to know?" came the reply.
"Bib Fortuna," the Twillek nervously replied.
"Ok. That's me then," Han stepped forward and extended his hand. "Can I have the data pad?"
The Twi'lek reached into his coat and brought out a datapad, "Here is the info you need. You will find your 'pay' down at the docking bay."
"My pay?" Solo raised an eyebrow.
"Uh.. yeah... it has kinda changed..." Bib began to slowly back away.
"Get over here!" Solo said as he put his hand on his blaster.
"It wasn't my idea..." Bib started.
"Shut up! I don't care whos idea it was, just tell me what has changed." Solo kept his hand on his blaster.
"Well, you see," the Twi'lek looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here talking to this angry person, "Instead of the original fee of 1000 credits for doing the job, Jabba has said that you," he paused, "You get to keep the ship being used for the job."
"The ship, huh?" Han looked thoughtful, "Well, I think that sounds pretty good."
"Will your partner find the deal as satisfactory?" Bib said obviously relieved that Han found the new deal suitable.
"Look, if I like it, he likes it. Got it, Lekku boy?" Han asked.
"Yeah, yeah, no problem," the Twi'lek left in a hurry.
A dark-skinned human stepped out of the shadows as the Twi'lek left.
"Are you sure about this?" he asked Han.
"Yeah, I mean, the ship can't be in to bad of a condition if it's the one we have to use for the job," Han said.
"I dunno, Han 'ol buddy. I hope your right," the human replied.
"Me too, Lando. Me too."
With that last statement they began to make their way to the docking bay where their ship was. Hoping that they weren't wrong about accepting this job.....
MORE TO COME!!!
Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of that great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
~Titus 2:13

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
SVD997

Postby SVD997 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:59 pm

Give me your honest opinions please, and suggestions on how to improve.
Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of that great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
SVD997

Postby Danni0524 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:23 pm

Nice, Really nice!! I like the idea of how Han got the Falcon! For Honest criticism..you used 'young man' too much in the first paragraph...
Can'y wait for more!!!! :-)
Danni0524

Postby SVD997 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:28 pm

Ok, I was trying to give a little air of mystery, but yeah, you're probably right.

SVD997

Postby Danni0524 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:32 pm

Aren't I always? *cheesy grin*
Sorry...sorry..that was unnecessary...
It did kinda add a bit of mystery now that I think of it, though....
Danni0524

Postby Razgriz » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:41 pm

Good start, keep going! :thumb:
Razgriz

Chapter 2

Postby SVD997 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:04 am

"You have got to be kidding me!" Han told the docking bay operator. "That is a piece of junk. That probably won't make it off the planet!"
"That's the ship, whether you like it or not," the operator didn't sound to happy.
"We don't have a choice Han," Lando said, "We leave the job, we have bounty hunters from the Hutts after us. Who knows? Maybe this ship will work."
"It had better," Han said, "What is the name of the ship again?"
"The Millenium Falcon," the operator said.
"I tell you what, Han," Lando said, "I will pay you 500 credits for your part of the ship, and I will take the ship. What do you think?"
"I guess so," Han said.
"Ok, deal!" Lando gave one of his patented smiles.
"Uh... are you guys gonna take the ship or not?" the operator asked.
"Yeah, we will," said Han, "Let's go, Lando."
The instructions on the datapad said that they were to take the ship to Kashyykk, pick up a crate from some of the people there, and take it to Jabba on Tantooine. They got in the ship, got it started after a little bit of a hassle, then took off for Kashyykk.

I am sorry about the shortness of this, but most of my chapters after this will be pretty short, because of time restraints.

SVD997

Return to Writing