Generations

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Generations

Postby Karrit » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:10 am

Warning: This story contains some violence and dark scenes.

Generations: Written and edited by Karrit-Chan

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball Z is property of Akira Toriyama and Bird Studio.

Flames of the fires below licked up eager to feed upon his body. He closed his eyes and accepted his fate to burn like the rest of his people, save for one. However, he did not mind, for that survivor would grow up to avenge the extinction of their race. Knowing that made a smile form across his battle-scared face as he fell down to meet the engulfed Planet Vegeta. He closed his eyes expecting to burn up at any second, but then a flash of light surrounded his body. The next thing he felt was a soft substance that oozed between his fingers and carried the smell of earth and moisture. This puzzled him as he tried to stand, but his body gave out and he fell back onto the muddy ground. He was physically weak from his wounds and exhaustion. Why had he not died? Did he not see the death of himself and of his people? Where was he now? There were so many questions, but they were to go unanswered, for he saw everything go blurry and then dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Ack!â€
Resident Usagi-jin/Official Son Goku Glomper
Karrit

Postby Karrit » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:29 am

A woman entered carrying a tray with a bowl of steaming broth in her hands. “Goten!â€
Karrit

Postby Karrit » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:45 pm

Bardock found himself on Planet Meat. His crew had gone be on before him while he recuperated in the rejuvenation tank. He gazed at the smoking remenants of buildings and bodies.

'Looks like they got carried away again. Those guys...' he thought, ' His scouter suddenly beeped as he picked up the chis of his crew. 'Hmm? There they are! All caught up in the moment rioting around, no doubt'

With that Bardock flew off in the direction of his friends, eager to congradulate them on a job well done. But all he found were the bodies of three saiya-jin scattered over the rubble. They were a heavy-set male with a bowl cut and a scar on his left cheek, a smaller female lying face down and a large older male with a balding head. All three were dead.

Bardock's mouth dropped open with disbelief. He couldn't accept that his crew-his friends could have been defeated by the meant-jin. Suddenly, a feint voice called out from behind the saiya-jin, "Ba...Bardock?" It was a medium-sized male saiya-jin in blue armour. His body was bloodied and mangled.

Bardock rushed to his side and cried out, "Toma!" He crouched next to Toma and cradled the saiya-jin's head in his arms. Toma smiled up at him.

Bardock narrowed his eyes. "What's going on here?" he demanded eargerly, "What happened?"

Toma, "What a fool I've been. We should have stayed home tucked in our beds like good children." He shuts his eyes.

Bardock, "Nevermind that, don't tell me the Meatseijin got the best of you?"

Toma opens his eyes again. "No. We eliminated them quickly."

Bardock, "Then who did this to you?"

Toma, "Freeza! He's stabbed us in the back!"

Bardock, "That can't be possible!"

Toma, "That rotten Freeza's just been using us." He coughed. "I-I've already had it, but before long, all Saiya-jin are going to be killed by that rat Freeza. Listen to me, listen well. Go back to Planet Vegeta right now! Once there, gather our comrades and defeat Freeza!" He smiled. "Let him know... how strong the Saiya-jin... really... are..." His eyes slowly closed again and his head rolled to one side as he died in Bardock's arms.

Bardock layed him down, then looked down at his blood-covered hand. He clenched his fingers once, then opened them back up. He took a white rag off of Toma's arm. He wiped the blood from his friend's smiling face, then stood up, watching his dead friend. He looks around at the rest of his team: Pambukin, Celipa and Topeto. He clutched at the rag, blood from his hand slowly ran down through the thecloth, turning it red.

His heart burned with the fires of pain and loss. if only he had arived sooner none of this would have happened! But then what of the rest of Vegeta? If the vision of his friends came to pass then what about the death of the entire saiya-jin race? He wouldn't allow them to die in vain, at the hands of that tyrant, Freeza."

-------------------------------

Bardock woke to touch of a cool, damp cloth mopping his brow just below the bandages. His eyes scanned around in the dimly lit room and found a strange face hoovering over him. It belonged to a teenaged youth with cropped black hair. He wasn't Kakarot, but Bardock would have preferred him to go away. He would have maid the point clear, but his body was too fatigued to even lift a finger.

"I know you'd rather not be here," the boy said, "And I wouldn't blame you if I had woken up in some strange place in your condition."

"Bah!" whispered Bardock, he could barely even hear his own voice, "Who are you anyway?"

"Gohan," answered the young man, "I'm Go-Kakarot's eldest son."

The saiya-jin cringed at the mention of that name. He closed his eyes and coughed.

Gohan offered Bardock some water. The saiya-jin accepted, though not very pleased with it.

"Bring Kakarot to me," ordered Bardock, "I want to talk to him in private."

Gohan blinked. "Are you sure? You're still carrying a fever."

"Yes!" Bardock hissed, "Get to it now!!!!!!"

"Allright!" muttered Gohan, annoyed with the saiya-jin. He was just like Vegeta.

A short while later Goku appeared. He frowned the fingers of his right hand brushed his cheek. Earlier his father had become delerious and struck him in the face. It took both him and Gohan to get Bardock under control.

Bardock hissed. "Don't just stand there, baka! I'm going to tell you the story of how you mrudered your mother!"

Goku's eyes popped wide open. "I...killed...her?"

To be continued...
Karrit

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:05 pm

You have raw talent for writing, this is certain. Of course, the real quality of the story is based on the premise, but you have me hooked waiting for it. We'll see where it goes. Bardock is an underused character, and one that perhaps deserves a bit more. Keep writing.
uc pseudonym

Return to Writing