Any shojo manga magazines?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Any shojo manga magazines?

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:50 pm

Are there any monthly magazines like shonen jump-- but shoujo instead? I guess it'd have to be a US publication. I don't want to be hanged by shipping rates?

I ask because I don't know of any. Zero. It seems funny considering how popular manga has become. So, anyone know of any currently published magazines or any in the works? Thanks.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kireihana » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:31 pm

There is Animerica Extra, surprisingly by the same publishers of Shonen Jump (you'd think SJ would have advertised it XD). Some of the titles it features are a little more risque than what you'll find in Shonen Jump, though. >Link!<
Kireihana

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:48 pm

In Japan, there are a ton of them. Each of the publishing companies that print shonen magazines like Shueisha and Kodansha also print shojo magazines and such.

In the US, the closest thing to a shojo anthrology is, as Kireihana said, Animerica Extra. There were a few shonen titles being published in that magazine as well, but I don't know if they are still being published in it or not as I'm by no means an expert on said magazine.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews