Japanese Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Japanese Manga

Postby KBMaster » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 am

I got a manga from the library yesterday, and lo and behold, it was one of the ones ADV dropped. I REALLY want to read the rest of this manga(Blue Inferior), but I guess the only way would be to translate it in Japanese. So, can anyone tell me where to buy Japanese manga with American dollars? :D
Thankies!
KBMaster

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 am

If you can find an online site you trust with the original language manga, get credit card (and the owner of the cards permission to use said card), and a calculator and list of currency conversion rates (to make sure you won't get ripped off), you can get it. Credit and debit cards automatically convert dollars to local money according to the official exchange rate at the time that the charge is recorded by the credit card company, without any effort on your part (very handy thing to remember when traveling too).

If you can read japanese theres always this: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4048531506

I just totally noticed the dominance of chocobo avatars in this thread currently... awesome!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:10 am

Sometimes, you can find them... wherever. In my localish comic store, they sell some random volumes of Japanese volumes (usually stuff like Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha) and my friend even found the whole set of Sailor Moon, the discontinued first edition of the manga there once. Another place I heard her find Japanese manga was at places like Value Village (assuming they are in the states) which is basically a 2nd Hand store. So yeah... sometimes they can pop up anywhere^^ Although trying to fidn what you're actually looking for, will probably need ordering over the net, assistance^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby dyzzispell » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:27 am

Books Kinokuniya. They have LOTS of Japanese stuff. Depends on if you live near one though. That page lists their locations in the US, and a link to their site at the bottom.
I've bought a couple Japanese manga there myself, namely Yotsuba& vol.1 and Rurouni Kenshin vol.1. I even got a Christmas carol book all in Japanese too! :P
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby ducheval » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:28 am

I buy from Sasuga, or from Book Off in nyc. Book off is REALLY cheap, but they don't do online orders. Sasuga is a bit more. Mostly I buy in person at conventions or simpy by going to nyc (which I try to do once a year), but sometimes I order from Sasuga online. Either way, you're not paying a whole lot.
ducheval

Postby oro! » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:26 pm

Really? My library has the first volume of Blue Inferior, too. I hadn't thought about it that much, but it was entertaining at the time I read it(couple of weeks ago). The art was something to get used to, though, and the shading was different from what I know, but the story was interesting.
About buying it, though: you've already got the answers.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Myoti » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:57 pm

I second Sasuga. You can get most tanks (volumes) for around six bucks, and they come in pretty soon after your order.
Myoti

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews