Good fights between characters from different mangas...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Good fights between characters from different mangas...

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Which characters would make good matches even though they're from different mangas? Here are some of mine:

Manji (Blade of Immortal) vs. Alucard (Hellsing) - two immortal guys duking it out. now that's gonna get a little graphic.

Ichigo (Bleach) vs. Gutts (Berserk) - the two crasiest swordsmen i've ever known in a manga going head to head.

Train (Black Cat) vs. Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) - two former assassins. now that's my type of fight.

Ichimaru Gin (Bleach) vs. Dr. Jackal (Getbackers) - two creepy, yet mysterious guys who just love to smile. hmmm...
jon_jinn

Postby Myoti » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:37 am

No mention of Luffy (One Piece) vs. Naruto? O_o

Though with Naruto's recent actions, I've no doubt Luffy would OWN...
Myoti

Postby Sai » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:06 am

Sasuke (Naruto) vs Saito (Kenshin) ....... Maybe
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Myoti » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 am

Himura Kenshin vs. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Of course, Zoro may need to be lead to the fight arena, or he'll never find his way there... XD
Myoti

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:12 pm

Mugen from Samurai Champloo against Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin
Jin from Samurai Champloo against Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin
No Man from No Man's Land against somebody, I can't think of who, but I'd like to see him fight someone
Kenshin versus any Gundam.
Zolo form One Piece against that one guy with the whip-like sword from RuroKen.
Sanji from One Piece against Sanosuke from RuroKen, although I'm pretty sure Sano'd own.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Seppuku » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:36 pm

Zaraki Kenpachi (bleach) Vs. Hiko Seijuro (Kenshin)'s Master)

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:04 pm

Manji versus Spike (Blade of the Immortal, Cowboy Bebop)

Both of them are from fairly realistic manga (in the sense of taking their premise seriously), but very different genres. Spike has the obvious advantage in that he has better technology, but I think Manji's regeneration might equal that out. Plus, both of them come from series with actual fight coreography, so their battle has greater potential to be interesting.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:11 pm

Yahiko vs Naruto
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Myoti » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:34 pm

Kenshin seems to be a popular "versus" character. What about him versus Jaquille "Hawkeye" Mihawk? >=D

Zoro form One Piece against that one guy with the whip-like sword from RuroKen.
Sanji from One Piece against Sanosuke from RuroKen, although I'm pretty sure Sano'd own.

Funny you say a "whip-like sword," as Sanji fought someone with that on one of the movies.
And though I haven't seen much of Sanosuke yet, I'd Sanji could do pretty darn well against him, especially with the latest developments:
[SPOILER]
Sanji spins rapidly, heating up his leg, and allowing him to and smash through all kinds of materials and break bones easily.
[/SPOILER]
Myoti

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:41 pm

Vash the Stampede [Trigun/Trigun Maximum] vs. 1st Lt. Riza Hawkeye [Fullmetal Alchemist]

Two expert gunslingers. My money's on Hawkeye though ~ for some reason. I dunno. Maybe it's because she's a pretty young woman ~ Vash might hesitate, even with rubber bullets. Silly Vash. Riza wouldn't ~ she's too good of a soldier.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Myoti » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:57 pm

But Vash can dodge bullets. And has the Angel Arm (not that he'd USE it, but...). o_o
Myoti

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:32 pm

Actually, myoti
[spoiler]Sano can do that too..[/spoiler]

OOH!

umm..Vash vs. Kenshin! Wait..that would probably end up with them clasping hands and skipping through a field of flowers. "LOVE AND PEACE!!!"

(They are both pacifists)...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:36 pm

I don't think pacifist is the proper term for either of them. They're both adamantly against killing, but not fighting. They may both prefer not to fight, but when the need arises, they don't hesitate. But meh.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:41 am

Myoti wrote:Kenshin seems to be a popular "versus" character. What about him versus Jaquille "Hawkeye" Mihawk? >=D

That would be awsome...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Myoti » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:51 am

I didn't say either one would own the other, just that Sanji could up better than you might think (and if I'm thinking correctly, Sanji should have an advantage with speed).

That would be awsome...

Hah, yes it would. ^_^
Myoti

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:10 pm

You probrably don't know of Sanosuke's toughness and his mastery of Futai no Kiwami...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:53 pm

yus! Learned it in a week he did! ^_^v

plus he doesn with only his fist!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:06 pm

Half of these are possible of you play Jump Superstars (the Shonen Jump characters. Such as Naruto vs Luffy, Kenshin vs Zoro, etc)

How about Mitsuki (Full Moon wo Sagashite) vs Misuzu (from Air)

Now THAT would be a weird fight.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:21 pm

how about this:
Killua (HxH) vs Midou Ban (Getbackers) two hand-to-hand combat fighters, each with very creepy backgrounds...

Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) vs Kazuki (GB) two very calm and rather patient customers duking it out could become quite a hazard.

Gaara (Naruto) vs Hisoka (HxH) when two unusual and mysterious fighters go at it, no one knows what could happen.

Lt. Armstrong (FMA) vs Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho) two big guys full of muscle mass going against each other could result in a massive and explosive battle.
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:I don't think pacifist is the proper term for either of them. They're both adamantly against killing, but not fighting. They may both prefer not to fight, but when the need arises, they don't hesitate. But meh.

Well, as a philisophical term, "pacifist" has a certain degree of elasticity and could be considered to include both of them in some senses. But, as you put it, meh.

jon_jinn wrote:Gaara (Naruto) vs Hisoka (HxH) when two unusual and mysterious fighters go at it, no one knows what could happen.

Now that is a truly odd fight. Gaara is very well matched against primarily long-range fighters, but Hisoka (like all HxH characters, basically) is capable of adapting to the situation. In the end, I think Gaara's world and abilities are simply higher-powered than Hisoka's, though the latter has more experience and would probably win in a more even fight.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Kenshin vs. Zoro: Both characters are inhumanly powerful swordsman who would probably wind up fighting each other to a draw.

Although, as I'm pondering this, Zoro probably has the slight advantage.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Not if they started with their swords sheathed. Three swords take longer to draw than one, that's for sure. Add in the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki and yeah. But ti would be a cool fight.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby indyrocker » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:17 pm

jon_jinn wrote:
Manji (Blade of Immortal) vs. Alucard (Hellsing) - two immortal guys duking it out. now that's gonna get a little graphic.

Well with Manji the only problem for him is that he takes about a week to recover and it still hurts bad when he gets cut up since what makes him immortal is the magots that have infested his body. Where as Alucard can do it in just a few minets adn in genral has longer rainge weponry (454 cassal and the jackal) where as Maji has his swords and they do not have a long rainge.

i would like to see Seta (love hina) and Spike (cowboy bebop) fight that would get interesting because of spikes jet lee inspired fighting style and seta's mixed fighting style.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:45 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:Not if they started with their swords sheathed. Three swords take longer to draw than one, that's for sure. Add in the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki and yeah. But ti would be a cool fight.

I was thinking more along the fact that:

a. Zoro's swords can actually cut, which should technically making his attacks more devastating. Up to the latest point in the manga, he can slice through metal quite easily. He cut a train car completely in half.
On the other hand, Kenshin did slice a moving cannonball in half with a sakabatou so...

and

b. Zoro can take an inhuman amount of damage, probably more so than Kenshin can. From what I recall, Kenshin can't take too many direct hits from near-fatal attacks. Aoshi's attack almost killed him during their first battle.

c. Kenshin probably does have the advantage of speed however, although Zoro is very fast himself.

All in all, I estimate that they will both KO each other with ultimate attacks, after both losing large amounts of blood.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:51 pm

I think that Kurosaki Ichigo is probably the strongest swordsman (as in main characters) due to his immense speed
[spoiler]with his Bankai[/spoiler]
If he can make Kuchiki Byakuya unable to hit him, no way could Kenshin or Zoro lay a finger on Ichigo.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:18 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Now that is a truly odd fight. Gaara is very well matched against primarily long-range fighters, but Hisoka (like all HxH characters, basically) is capable of adapting to the situation. In the end, I think Gaara's world and abilities are simply higher-powered than Hisoka's, though the latter has more experience and would probably win in a more even fight.

yes, you should also know that hisoka has a tendency to sorta mess around with his opponent before going in for the kill. due to the fact that gaara basically has no emotion (especially if he's fighting someone he doesn't know) then it would make this battle a LOT more interesting.
jon_jinn

Postby Myoti » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:29 am

You probrably don't know of Sanosuke's toughness and his mastery of Futai no Kiwami...

Eh, no. Explain. o_O

On the other hand, Kenshin did slice a moving cannonball in half with a sakabatou so...

Zoro has cut cannonballs as well, and don't forget just his natural strength (such as when he lifted the building during the Mr. 1 battle).

Not if they started with their swords sheathed. Three swords take longer to draw than one, that's for sure. Add in the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki and yeah. But ti would be a cool fight.

Zoro doesn't always begins with all three swords. Sometimes he prefers to "build up," unsheathing one or two at the time before finally bringing out all three for the finish. And it doesn't take him that long to do so. :p
Myoti

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:42 am

Well on matters of cybernetic principal I would like to see Alita (or Zechs or Elf and Zwolf) from Battle Angel Alita fight the Major from Ghost in the Shell.

Unfortunately though I think that any of the BAA cyborgs, particularly Zechs and Alita would rapildly destroy the major.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:14 pm

jon_jinn wrote:yes, you should also know that hisoka has a tendency to sorta mess around with his opponent before going in for the kill. due to the fact that gaara basically has no emotion (especially if he's fighting someone he doesn't know) then it would make this battle a LOT more interesting.

That's true]Gaara did lose to the artsy member of Akatsuki, who used solely long-range attacks. So it is possible that Hisoka wouldn't be limited by this.[/spoiler]

mechana2015 wrote:Well on matters of cybernetic principal I would like to see Alita (or Zechs or Elf and Zwolf) from Battle Angel Alita fight the Major from Ghost in the Shell.

Unfortunately though I think that any of the BAA cyborgs, particularly Zechs and Alita would rapildly destroy the major.

Of course, what would make battles such as that interesting for me is that in those series it isn't always just about power. The "battles" include a wide variety of strategy and other elements that would make such a conflict more interesting.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:30 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Half of these are possible of you play Jump Superstars (the Shonen Jump characters. Such as Naruto vs Luffy, Kenshin vs Zoro, etc)

How about Claire vs Enishi then?
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews