Chrno Crusade content question

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Chrno Crusade content question

Postby Momo-P » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:58 am

Okies. I actually own volumes 1-3 of this series and absolutely adore it! I'm not too big on the fan service part, but so far that hasn't been too severe. So just curious, can anyone with knowledge of the whole manga series (or most) give me an idea how bad the content gets?

Violence doesn't phase me (I grew up watching horror flicks), and I pretty much understand the whole "don't take the Christianity in this story seriously" stuff, but what about nudity and that stuff? I had a bad past involving yaoi/yuri and hentai, so I try and make sure I watch very carefully on that stuff anymore.

Thanks for the help. ^^
Momo-P

Postby Debitt » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 am

Momo-P wrote:Violence doesn't phase me (I grew up watching horror flicks), and I pretty much understand the whole "don't take the Christianity in this story seriously" stuff, but what about nudity and that stuff? I had a bad past involving yaoi/yuri and hentai, so I try and make sure I watch very carefully on that stuff anymore.

Going off the top of my head, there's very little nudity from vol. 3 on - I know there's one instance where Rosette dives into Chrno's soul the way she does with Azmaria, and she is naked there, but it was done in a very non-sexual way. I think that chapter of the manga actually made me cry. >.>

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby MasterDias » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:48 am

Keep in mind that I haven't yet read the last two volumes.

Generally speaking however, if you are fine with the content in the first three volumes, I doubt that there is anything you should worry about in the rest of the series.
From my personal experience, there is nothing more severe in Volumes 4-5 then there was in Volumes 1-3.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Momo-P » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Ok, thanks a lot guys. So far most of the questionable areas haven't had a "full blown shot" if you get what I mean. Just wanted to make sure it didn't get worse though. ^^
Momo-P

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews