20th Century Boys

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

20th Century Boys

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:50 pm

Has anyone else read this? It's by Naoki Urasawa, creator of the manga "Monster".

Pretty excellent series, I must say.

Kenji and his friends start to notice a series of odd occurences related to their childhood. A mysterious cult-leader named "friend" is out to destroy the world, and it has something to do with Kenji's childhood memories.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Maledicte » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:05 pm

ediggidag MONSTER!?

*drools*

I must look into this.
Maledicte

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:18 pm

Oh man. This manga's great. I really enjoy how the author links all the clues and flashbacks together. It starts off pretty confusing but by the time you finish volume 1, you'll be glued to the manga. Excellent manga that has a LOT to recommend about it. I'm not sure if it's out in Graphic Novel form yet...
jon_jinn

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:22 pm

1. Monster is ABSOLUTELY amazing! I finished it recently (fansubs), wrote a review, and gonna get volume 1 tomorrow!

2. Today I was looking into Naoki's Other works such as: Pluto, Happy, Master Keaton, etc.

I found a site with scans of 20th century boys. I read the first 2 chapters and I can feel the anticipation of the suspense occuring! It's known to be Naoki's best work ever. And I don't doubt that. I'm expecting it to bump its way up to my #1 list and replace Monster some day.

Jon_jinn, the manga is licensed by Viz. But Naoki asked viz to release it after Monster because his artwork changes overtime, and he didn't want 20th century boys to "kill" Monster.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews