There Has Been Real Christian Manga Made In Japan!!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

There Has Been Real Christian Manga Made In Japan!!!!

Postby Benu » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:13 pm

Hey Thought I should let you all know about this site I came across while I was surfing the net at work. I have found proof that there has been Christian Manga made in Japan. I found out about it at this site that is a comic ministry and they go around the world and tell people how to use comics too evangelize. But nothing would prepare me for finding out there has been Quite a few Christian Manga made in Japan. The bummer is most of the manga that was made is really really old and was only in Japanese and is now out of print. But anyway check out the history sections to find out about the mangas made in Japan.
http://www.gospelcom.net/rox35media/whatsnew.html
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:44 am

Hm. Some of those I've seen before, others I haven't. While I'm pleased such things are being made, I'm afraid none of that is anything I would want to read. Sigh...
uc pseudonym

Postby senjutsu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:59 pm

hmm...interesting,to say the least.
-Tenjou Tenka Yuiga Dokuson-
senjutsu

Postby EdHead » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:15 pm

Cool...
But like uc pseudonym says, they're way past our present time.
(never knew Christian comics existed in the early 1900s...)
:eyebrow:
"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yeilds its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

Psalms 1:3

;)
EdHead

Postby Benu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:02 pm

Yea I know but I just thought of it as There is hope still for us to make Christian Manga and it being in Japan. There was somthing on the site too that said the artisits Manga was not becoming popular anymore because the way the person was drawing was already out of Style. Anyway I don't think they are making any more manga so I wish this would chatch on again with christians in Japan and they would start making Christian manga again but more like the Style the way it is now. But just like over here there are christians in Japan that don't like manga because of it's content.....interesting.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Mind Blowing Manga

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:41 pm

Hey,I remember reading
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby EliasEmmanuel » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:45 pm

eeeenteresting.

I've actually read a few things on this list, LOL.... tho they're not manga, Oboe Jones is fantastic and if you ever find it grab it.

"The Truth for Youth" is pretty much poo(my mom got it somehow). But according to this, Jack Chick was involved, so no surprise.... that man is a blight on sequential art ;-)

I don't know if I want to admit that I know of 1 or 2 they left out.... *hides*

-Elias (certified dork)
EliasEmmanuel

Postby Benu » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:49 pm

[quote="Jojo080889"]That is so cool. Too bad it's really old. But when I get enough experience I'm gonna make a christian manga based on the end times. Gonna send it to some magazines, or something, and pray that I'm noticed and somehow get it in print over in Japan.

It could happen. ^_^

Currently I'm working on a story, and sketched like...the first 2 pages. The story is way incomplete. I heard, also, in Japan only like...1% of the population is Christian, or something. I'm hoping that christian manga can boost that percentage. That's my plan for the future, and I hope God agrees with that ^_^]

Hey that's cool. I wanna do an Manga and Anime On the end times too. Anyway In Japan only like...1% of the population is Christian? I really don't think so now that I've really read up on that and it's seem there is a huge christian movement in Japan. Really this is what I think, And yea I know some of you are going to get mad throw fits and say I'm wrong and that I'm going nuts but I think there are more Christains in Japan then there are in the U.S. There I said it!!! :sweat: So umm... I'll be running off now before you guys start coming after me with pitchforks and torches.
Benu

There's NEW xian manga from Japan

Postby superninjaspy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:27 pm

There's a company that's doing Christian Manga in Japan right now. I haven't ordered anything from them yet (because it's in Yen, and i'm confused). 3 of their books look like they're targeting 40 year old women (A valid market), but one has a sword on the cover. They were done in 2003, and they're still making them.

http://www.nlljapan.org/Manga.htm
superninjaspy

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:29 am

superninjaspy wrote:3 of their books look like they're targeting 40 year old women (A valid market), but one has a sword on the cover.

I'm sorry, but I think this is terribly funny. Carry on with the topic.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:58 am

Hm. The first and third one's have obvious names ("Masuta Kii" = Master Key) but the other one's I can't quite figure out. Anyone wanna help me out (my kana is bad)

2. Hipa watashi no pasutaa ("My paster Hipa", maybe?)
4. Fuu kemon (No idea.)
Mithrandir

Postby Tycho » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:59 am

oldphilosopher wrote:2. Hipa watashi no pasutaa ("My paster Hipa", maybe?)
4. Fuu kemon (No idea.)

2. Correct. "Hipa, my pastor"
3. The hiragana reading is correct, But I don't find a reading for
fuukemon. If I search by the 3 kana groups, here's what I get.
fuu - seal
ke - house
mon - problem, question, crest, coat of arms,gate -all depending on
on the kanji used. And since there's no kanji....

I'll try to ask my japanese teacher/ta today if I have time.
"There are obviously many things which we do not understand, and may never be able to."
[Leela, Ship Operations AI, UESC Marathon]

"Its time to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. And when I say devil, I mean Robot Devil. And when I say metaphorically, I mean "Get your coat""

[Bender, Futurama]
Tycho

Postby Retten » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:57 am

Ididnt know of any besides Archangles and the ones before 1990
Its really cool that there are some new ones out though :jump: I will have to check some of those out the New Pilgrim's Progress looked cool!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:30 pm

Archangels: The Saga isn't actually manga. I wouldn't say that at all detracts from its potency or quality. While we're on the subject, I'd urge you all to check it out.
uc pseudonym

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:46 pm

wow, that Heroes of Faith one from Hong Kong looks cool~ So many have been sold too~ *:) makes me want to learn Chinese...

oh, you guys there are l0 plus listed in Japan in the 90's and 2000's!!**
that's great!~~
~~~Beautiful things~ Beautiful places~~~
There's so much to be thankful for*
I love you Lord, you Bless me so much*
:)
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby Sketch » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:31 pm

Hi there, Benu.

AWESOME! :D I'm so glad they made them. :D It's about time. :D

Speaking of Manga, I was thinking of creating my own manga stories based on my real life spiritual battles in a manga called "Spirit Wars". :D And it's predesesor, Spirit Wars: Tribulation Years" :D

Waddya' think? :)

TTYL! :D

Your Friend,
Angel "Sketch" Blanco :D
Sketch is my name, and cartoonin's my game! :D
Sketch

Postby Benu » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:55 pm

Sounds good Sketch. But I wish I could just settle my ideas for manga down on paper they won't come out of my head I have so many ideas yet they stay in my head! It's a real odd thing.
Benu

Postby c-girl » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:24 pm

I would like to see it. That is a surprise that there is christian manga. I was surprised that because less than 1 percent of Japanese people are Christian!
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Simon » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:00 pm

Simon

Postby Simon » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:04 pm

Simon

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:57 pm

Uhh... your site is good and all (except for the light blue font [Its hard to see] and grammar errors [sorry but I am a writer and am training myself to be a technical editor to aid that endeavor]) but it should be in "Site Reviews". It is in the next forum above Links. Ask a Mod and they should move it.
Lochaber Axe

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:43 am

Yes, please do change the background or the light blue font. It's tough to read properly.

I could move the post in questions, but I think I'll let it stay. However, Simon, you might want to post the same site (perhaps with revision) in the Site Reviews section, as it would get better coverage. As one post in a thread, though, I'll let it stand.
uc pseudonym

Postby Simon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:55 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll re-edit my site soon, and it's okay for you to remove that threads as I understand it's in the wrong area...
Simon

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 05, 2004 5:00 am

Your first post is made in the right attitude. I would suggest making a thread in the Welcome forum, however, as it would give other an opportunity to get to know you. As for myself, I will merely greet you here.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Sat May 08, 2004 12:43 pm

Just to tell you guys, this is what I know.
-Firstly there is this artist that as far as I know, he is translated in french only (probably in korean and chinese too. anyway~) He has done a series named "Jeanne" which is the story of Jeanne d'Arc, as well as a 3-book, 160-page each short series named "Jésus", which, as you can guess, is on the life of Jesus Christ.
-Secondly, this has nothing to do with it but in Japanese video games sometimes they have God and Christianity included slightly in them (has anyone ever played Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis? if you played it, I think you'll understand what I mean.) It doesn't mean anything, but in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, they mention Noah's Ark and the flood (in one sentence throughout the whole game, but still ^-^;;)
-About religion in Japan, maybe some of you would like to check this link out:http://www.japan-guide.com/topic/0002.html it's a survey carried on a few people on penpal service. You know, people there mostly just have no religion. they believe in everything or nothing. It just doesn't matter to them... I know this by asking quite a few people at my school. Even though the school I attend is "catholic" there is a wonderful mix of cultures and religions and i would say 85% of students are either Hong Kong Chinese, Taiwanese, or Korean. I have a Taiwanese friend, she just says "I'm not religious... I have no religion. Alot of people from Taiwan are like that... It just doesn't matter very much." I'm not saying that Taiwan is exactly like Japan, but they are quite similar from what my uncle has told me (he lives there) and the information I receive from my friends. The two countries are quite linked (ok... getting off topic here. SORRY!! >w<) According to this site http://mysticplanet.com/JAPAN.HTM, Shinto 95.8%, Buddhist 76.3%, Christian 1.4%. However considering the population of japan is 125,506,492 I don't think this is *that* discouraging. Remember that when Christianity first came to Japan, Christians were persecuted. They were caught, pulled around in wagons to show others not to follow, and then hung on a cross just like the God they followed. ( I Read this from a magazine. ^-^)

Ok, I'm very sorry, because all I have been doing is babbling!!! Now back to your regular program. >o<
RoyalWing

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:48 pm

Astro Boy mastermind Osamu Tezuka actually did a manga adaptation of the Old Testament (simply called The Old Testament, I believe) I don't think it's been released in English yet, but an anime version called In The Beginning has (with one of the worst dubs I have EVER heard)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby panegryst » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:27 pm

Simon: please stay on topic.

For the record: www.japan-101.com reports that 0.7% of Japanese are Christian.

I'd like to see manga with at Christian themes and characters, not necessarily evangelist manga. Of course that goes for all forms of media.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:45 pm

It's a bit late to call people on being off topic. However, I recognize that I will be with this post. I have said all that I have to say on the topic as it currently stands.

Manga_Angel9019 wrote:Hey I am new here and getting used to this I didn't know there was ever any christain manga. I am creating a manga based on Frank Pretti book "This Present Darkness" and to fallow the series of his books relating to that book I'am hoping that I will put line art later so you can get the feel on what it is going to look like I hope it will be as good as the book

ps for all the Frank Pretti fans!

-....::::Manga_angel9019::::....-

This would be very interesitng to see indeed. I very much liked the books, and a well done manga would be a very good thing.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:24 pm

I think Japan gets overlooked a lot when it comes to Christianity. :shady:

As far as Christian manga from Japan goes,that does sound interesting.
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:30 pm

Wow...does anyone know if there is any current Christian manga being published today in Japan?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews