Rouroni Kenshin (Why can't there be more like it ?)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Rouroni Kenshin (Why can't there be more like it ?)

Postby JezusBoy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:05 am

Wow, I was so in love with the Anime of Rouroni Kenshin I couldn't wait to read the manga. And I have one thing to say...*charging...*charging...*charging.......................THE MANGA IS AWSOME, ITS LIKE 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE ANIME AND THE ANIME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! And it's so clean(sexually speaking) theirs some blood and a little language(nothing mr. whiteout can't handle :)) I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good new manga to read. You will be amazed. I give it 12 out of 10 stars. However, (serious mode begun) like I mentioned there is some language and alot of blood but it's not overdone(they could take the language out in my opinion) but the blood is done very well. It's not like some of those other mangas or Animes wher the guys pinky gets a paper cut and blood starts gushing out and splattering the wall(I don't like those). And the story is very good, and the characters are very lovable. Anywho, I highly reccomends this and say it's the best manga I've ever read.

-your friendly nieghborhood psychopath

ps-I dare anyone to tell me a better manga(preferrably this genre) if not,
thats ok.
pps-Who else likes it?
JezusBoy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 am

I LOVE THIS MANGA!! and I agree it is one of the cleanest manga I know of.. I think the worst thing about it however is..

[spoiler] Kamatari... and Yumi's outfit...[/spoiler]

But yah. I just got Vol 16! WOOT! I haven't read it all yet..but I know how it ends (duh I have seen the anime episodes that are based off of this...like a bazillion times...)

What I can't wait for, however is the Jinchuu arc..IT IS ONLY TWO VOL AWAY!! YEAAAAAAAAH!! WOOT WOOT!!

Sorry.. Kenshin fangirling there..gomen gomen.. *bows*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mave » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:37 pm

Go Rurouni Kenshin!

I agree it's a pretty clean shonen title (if you ignore the blood in it). The violence gets a little more heavy in Vol 20+, mind you. But all in all, it's one of my fav titles and I use it as a reference for mangakaing. ^^
Mave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:07 am

I've read it all and it's very clean. The language is almost nothing, really. Read the manga! It's my favorite ever. It's a million times better than the anime. There's not even a hot spring chapter in the manga.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kkun » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:44 am

Aw, but hot springs episodes make everything more fun.

Ahem.

The manga is indeed superior to the TV series, but either way you get it, Rurouni Kenshin is a great series. The 3rd season of the show was good. I genuinely don't think it's the steaming pile of cow vomit that everyone else makes it out to be, but it's no Jinchuu Arc. The Jinchuu Arc has the power to make the blind grow hair, the bald be able to walk, and help the crippled to see. If only the fans had stuck around during the 3rd season of Kenshin, we'd have had the Jinchuu arc for season 4. I blame the fans. I really, really do.
Kkun

Postby sanitysux13 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:56 am

I think this was one of the first mangas I ever read, and I love it. I haven't finished it though, but one day I will. As for the blood, that's personally not an issue with me. But the whole squeeky-cleanness thing is very nice.
sanitysux13

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:53 am

YUS!! Fantastic series!! My personal favorite!! ^_^x I just got 16 the other day, and I must say, the anime did a good job of staying close to the manga. I still hate Shishio for fighting dirty...I HATE him!! Well...Only during that one scene when he and Kenshin fight. Anyways, yeah, the manga is SO much better than the anime, and I LOVE the anime!! So yay!! I don't mind the blood and gore so much...I think it fits well with the setting and characters. I do wish Yumi would put some clothes on, and I do wish Kamatari wasn't gay, but it doesn't spoil the series at all. And I liked the fight with Anji in the manga MUCH more than the anime...The anime sort of glorifies Bhudda in the end, which I don't appreciate. The manga handles it so much better!! Anyways, enough of the lower points of Rurouni Kenshin...It's just SUCH a fantastic series!! n_n
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Lyren » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:21 pm

I think I would love the manga, but have only read the first volume because I have seen the anime multiple times. But if it really is that much better, I might go ahead and buy all the manga anyway. It really is a fantastic series with great characters and a decent plot.
Lyren

It is good indeed :)

Postby JezusBoy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Lyren wrote:I think I would love the manga, but have only read the first volume because I have seen the anime multiple times. But if it really is that much better, I might go ahead and buy all the manga anyway. It really is a fantastic series with great characters and a decent plot.
JezusBoy

It is good indeed :)

Postby JezusBoy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Lyren wrote:I think I would love the manga, but have only read the first volume because I have seen the anime multiple times. But if it really is that much better, I might go ahead and buy all the manga anyway. It really is a fantastic series with great characters and a decent plot.

It is a really good manga and it's a good price too $7.95 I think. Im glad to hear you'll give it another chance. Drop a line when you get hooked(I think that was a joke....ha ha....ahhhhhh.....) God Bless.

anonomously yours,
JezusBoy<><
JezusBoy

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:36 am

RK is one of my favorite mangas and animes! Right now I'm on volume 13 or 14.
SnoringFrog

Postby Starfire1 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:38 pm

*is busy being a Kenshin-fangirl* I'm not the richest person in the world so if I do buy a manga, it will really have to be worth it. Rourouni Kenshin goes under the "worth it" category.
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby oro! » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:38 pm

Hah! How could you doubt the worthiness of Rurouni Kenshin?
Serriously though..... It's a great manga, but if you don't like the fighting, but like the story, then pick and choose which ones you want. In the Kyoto arc, it is kinda slow storywise....that's as far as i've gotten.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:51 pm

Gasp! Not slow, not slow! XD Beautiful, I say! But guess whaa~aat! Jinchuu arc is Vol. after next!! Heee, I'm so excited!! ^_^ I say that the fact that there aren't many series like Kenshin simply makes it better! I love it...That I do...ROFL
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby oro! » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 pm

All right, all right! Now, I didn't say it wasn't beautiful! Every one is, even number seven, which made my heart drop. I jsut mean that you don't have a lot of comedy in 16, or was there any at all? It is jsut like near the end of the Return of hte King, when there is no hope at all...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:06 pm

GASP!! 7 almost made me cry!!! T.T IT'S SO SAD!! But it's so sweet, too...TOT The anime ep was SO well done for that scene...AGH! I love it!! But no...No comedy in 16...just Shishio fighting DIRTY...GRR. Duels are with swords, NOT teeth!! >.< *ahem* Yeah, ROTK...Lurve it! But then there's hope again! ^_^ And in this case, next month!!! EEEK!! *is a fangirl*

Radical Dreamer

Postby blue elf » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:00 pm

Rurouni_Kaoru wrote:Gasp! Not slow, not slow! XD Beautiful, I say! But guess whaa~aat! Jinchuu arc is Vol. after next!! Heee, I'm so excited!! ^_^ I say that the fact that there aren't many series like Kenshin simply makes it better! I love it...That I do...ROFL

Yesh! I must have the Jinchuu arc!...not that I don't love the rest of the series too. ^_^*goes into obsessive Enishi fangirl mode*
blue elf

Postby Yokuo » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:24 pm

*feels left out b/c he's never read the manga*
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:42 pm

Ooooh, you DEFINITELY need to read the manga!! It's amazing! And there's a lot of stuff that happens in the manga that you'll never see in the anime (like, um, the ENTIRE third arc!). So yeah, you should definitely read it! It's fantastic! ^_^

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kaorugirl » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:23 am

Yokuo wrote:*feels left out b/c he's never read the manga*
I've never read the manga either, but I definitely want to since I've seen some of the series.
Kaorugirl

Don't feel left out

Postby JezusBoy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Yokuo wrote:*feels left out b/c he's never read the manga*

Don't feel that way. Just go to your friendly Neighborhood Rurouni Kenshin dealer and buy one for the low low price of $7.95(and just between you and me Barnes And Nobles is having a sale of 2 for 15.90). It's a great series and satisfaction is gauranteed! Hope you try it :) .

-JezusBoy<><
JezusBoy

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:30 pm

You sound like a salesmen JB.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby rii namuras » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:13 pm

(I love Rurouni Kenshin. Rai-sama convinced me to read it (and watch the anime, though I haven't been able yet. >_<) I haven't read past volume two, though, because of slow library circulation, as I don't like to buy manga that I haven't read. Next trip to the bookstore I'll probably make an exeption, though. ^_^)
rii namuras

Postby inkhana » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:30 pm

Ah, Kenshin. Good ol Kenshin. I'm with you, Mave, the series makes such a good reference for us young artists X3 I know a lot of people have the whole "oh, it's popular, so if anyone likes it, that must be why" mindset, but I think it's good all on its own. Since I read the manga first, I don't really enjoy the anime that much (but I've only had access to the dubbed/CN version) but the manga rawks. :thumb:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews