Inuyasha Question

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Inuyasha Question

Postby Lyren » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:30 pm

How does the manga compare to the anime? I am especially asking about nudity and/or sexual content. I almost always prefer the manga of a series over the anime and I really want to purchase the Inuyasha graphic novels. However, I have heard that the Inuyasha manga contains nudity. How detailed is it? Nothing about the first few episodes of the anime bothered me, but I want to make sure that the manga is equally clean before buying.
Lyren

Postby kazekami » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:34 pm

The story has less tangents in the story. Though Takahashi adds in plenty herself. It's also longer, the anime cuts off before the end. The manga is still running. The nudity is not detailed. You see breast. If you've seen Ranma 1/2 thats as detailed as it is. But there isn't as much nudity as in Ranma 1/2.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby Lyren » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm

All right, thank you. I haven't seen Ramma 1/2. But as long as the nudity in Inuyasha isn't too detailed, I don't think I will have much of a problem. With that out of the way, I am very sure that I will enjoy the manga much more than I would the anime.
Lyren

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:06 pm

umm there are a few books that are pretty bad... the best version you can buy is the color ones. they are edited so they dont have detailed nudity. i unfortunately have the black and white so it gets really gross. -_-'
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby kazekami » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:14 pm

the color one is the ani manga.
Meow!

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
kazekami

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:26 pm

whatever you call it. -_- it does have alot of action. If you ever need any other help on Inuyasha ask me okay Lyren. I know alot about it. ^-^
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox

Shadowchild

Postby Lyren » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:28 pm

Hmmm. I would rather get the actual anime DVD's over the animanga. If it does get pretty bad, I might end up doing that. I really have very little tolerance for explicit stuff like that. I really wanted to enjoy the original manga instead of the animated adaptation, but I would like to avoid detailed nudity. Might I ask which of the manga volumes would be best to avoid?
Lyren

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:35 pm

the one were kikyo is revived. it has urasue in it so... i forget wich book it is but jusr=t read the back and you will know.

Shadowchild

Postby Lyren » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:45 pm

All right. Thank you. I'll be careful when buying more of the manga (already have book 1) and I will probably buy the anime DVD's as well.
Lyren

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:46 pm

i think the animanga and the episode dvds are pretty much the same. i didnt find really any difference. *shrugs*

Shadowchild

Postby kazekami » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:58 pm

The manga isn't that bad. And its no worse then a barbie doll. Its not anatomically correct. I recommend not the animanga but the real balck and whilte version. Also if your worried about it go to the book store and flip through it. I think the Kokyo part is in volume 5 and 6. Also I've read over 400 chapters of the series. The animanga is just the anime stuck in a book. Just buy the DVD's if your going that route.
Meow!

proud adopter of:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
kazekami

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:01 pm

agreed. ^-^

Shadowchild

Postby Lyren » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:14 pm

Oh. If it's only that then I have no problem. For some reason, I assumed it was more detailed or suggestive. They show that much in the anime. I think I will just buy the real, original manga and forget about the animanga and the anime DVD's then. I really do prefer the original story. Thank you very much for your help.
Lyren

Postby kazekami » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:26 pm

No problem.
Meow!

proud adopter of:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
kazekami

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews