Yoshizimi Wataru's Ultra Maniac!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Yoshizimi Wataru's Ultra Maniac!

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:25 am

I bought volume one yesturday at bornes and Barnes and Nobles. So far I love Yoshizumi's work. She seems to do good stuff.

Best of all Ultra Maniac is rated A for All ages. This is great stuff.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:28 am

This is the one about the witch in training, ne?

I'm not really crazy about the cover art. I'll have to look through it and see if I can swallow the style-- otherwise, I'd probably pick it up. Thanks for the recommendation, Shao Feng-li.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:46 am

Oh yes it is about the witch in training. It's very funny and worth the $9.00. The cover art is a little funny looking, but the art throughout is really good. Nice and clean line art, unlike most shoujo artists.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Yeito » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:51 pm

It is really good! I also liked Meru Puri that they put out... even though its not by Yoshizumi... -_-
Yeito

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:39 am

Yeito wrote:It is really good! I also liked Meru Puri that they put out... even though its not by Yoshizumi... -_-

When's Meru Puri released.

. . . Is anyone else LOVING all these shoujo titles that VIZ is buying. Oh! It just amkes me SOOOOO happy!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:59 pm

Well I'd say yes, but I have no idea what any of them are about, except for those in SB and Fullmoon Wo Sagashite. ^^;;
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews