Penguin Brothers

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Penguin Brothers

Postby Ashley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:04 pm

Thanks to Mave for another great review adapted from Manga Necessity:
http://www.christiananime.com/manga_rev ... isplay=194
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19 pm

Thanks for the great review Mave! I have been curious about this one for awhile, I'll definitley check it out ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:55 am

I have only one qualm with this review...

[spoiler]Shouldn't it be taken into account that the girl is in love with her uncle (sorta)? That was the only disturbing thing in the story to me. I read the manga because of this review and was shocked at the end to find out about this. It was... strange. It wasn't a big deal but it would have been nice for it to have been mentioned in the review[/spoiler]
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mave » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:31 pm

I personally viewed it as a

[spoiler]
young girl's crush toward her sole guardian and didn't take it seriously for two reasons. 1) Her uncle never returned his affections in a similar way (romantically, that is). I think he's aware of her crush but that doesn't seem to bother him. Perhaps he thought (just I did) that she will grow out of it and continues to love her as a relative would. 2) There was nothing physically about it.
[/spoiler]

However, your comment proved valuable and I would be more than happy to include this into the review considering that this is still capable of making anyone uncomfortable. ^^ Thanks!
Mave

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews