Furuba - August to December T__T

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Furuba - August to December T__T

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:45 am

Nooooo! T___T We get furuba every month this summer, but then there's a huge gap between 11 and 12. AUGUST TO DECEMBER PEOPLE!!! Volume 11's release is 08.09.05 and Volume 12's release is 12.13.05!! *siiiigh* They are catching up to where it is in Japan though. Kinda. Well those are the projected release dates on Tokyopop's site. Here's to hoping they'll get changed. *goes off to mourn*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:59 pm

It'll be alright. We shall wait patiently for our beloved Furuba!!

*Masses cash so she can buy fan gear to satisfy her fandom while she is awaiting new volumes.*

Technically, we're still getting 4 volumes in seven months. Better than the other schedule. Personally, I wish they'd just kept it the same. Less chance of us catching up to Japan.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kireihana » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:01 am

I'm ok with it. At least it will give me a chance to spend money on some other series I've been eyeing.
Kireihana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:17 am

I'm fine with it because I'm way behind. >_< I only have up to volume 6...
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:39 am

I'm fine with it because I'll be strapped as it is between new dorm room, college expenses, and keeping up with DNAngel, Spiral, Scrapped Princess, Full Moon wo Sagashite AND Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. O.o
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:46 am

:lol: I know I probably harp on this one a lot, but at least TokyoPop is better than ADV. :eh: At least TokyoPop warns people about these things.

And besides, now I have a chance to catch up! *O*/

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:28 pm

Japan is at #17, at least. But you're lucky that you are getting so far, so quickly.

'My' #13 just came out. (but.. I haven't bought or read this series for a very long time.)
RoyalWing

Postby Little Momo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:44 pm

:) I cann't wait I finally got caught up. The wait will most likly be needeed to let me catch up again. ;)
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.[/color]

"...It is better to trust people than to doubt them."~ Tohru Honda :hug:
Little Momo

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Same here!! I have up to 8 but I am missing vol 3 and 5...but I agree I have other series of books that I buy..like Rurouni Kenshin...this way I can sacrifice FB andnot feel bad about it! ^___^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:27 pm

No way! December? Oh, the agony. Man, I am going to have to order some series then becuase the local bookstore doesn't carry that many series that I am able to read.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:04 am

^^; Well.....I've only just recently bought volume 4, so I'm good...that'll give me a chance to catch up. (And maybe save some money to buy the anime, as well).
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:28 pm

o.o I'll get sucked into reading fanfics or doujinshi to satisfy my furuba craving and get strange impressions of the characters that are sorta realish, but nowhere near as good as the comics T___T *takes deep breath after that long sentence*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kisa » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:38 pm

the pain......
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:28 pm

*hiss* I wish they would just release them already! I want to be at vol.17 like the fans in Japan!
Jasdero

Postby Kanerou » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:53 am

I apologize thoroughly for gravedigging, but I have a valid question. I know how the nudity is done in the anime, with them covering/not showing all necessary parts. Is this done the same way in the manga? Also, is there any sex, and is the language any worse? Just please no spoilers if possible.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Kkun » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:34 am

Kanerou wrote:I apologize thoroughly for gravedigging, but I have a valid question. I know how the nudity is done in the anime, with them covering/not showing all necessary parts. Is this done the same way in the manga? Also, is there any sex, and is the language any worse? Just please no spoilers if possible.

From what I've read, there isn't any sex and the language isn't that bad. It's been a while since I read any Furuba but from what I remember the content is mostly fine. In the manga, they also cover up and don't show the "parts."
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Lynx » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:18 pm

if you could deal with the language in the anime then you should be ok with the language in the manga. it's pretty much a few instances of the d word per volume is how far it goes from what i remember
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:27 pm

[spoiler] Yes, later in the series there is a couple of scenes....or implied scenes..its been a while since I read the later volumes....[/spoiler]

BTW I got vol 13 yesturday at my walmart for only 5.97!!! bad news..we have to wait till august for 14.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kanerou » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:10 am

Thanks for replying, you guys. That was truly helpful.

Lynx wrote:if you could deal with the language in the anime then you should be ok with the language in the manga. it's pretty much a few instances of the d word per volume is how far it goes from what i remember

Wow, less language? That's a plus. As far as that psychic chick goes, is there any less of her? I have to be careful what I expose my family to.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby KBMaster » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 am

Phsycic chick? Oh, Hana? Well, as she's one of Tohru's best friends, no. She gets a little less weird as the series progresses.
KBMaster

Postby Kanerou » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:07 am

Hm. What do you mean by less weird? Less of that mind-stuff she was doing, etc?

On a related note: I notice that even in the CAA review of Fruit's basket, Hana and her psychic abilities were never mentioned, and in another Christian review site, there was no mention of it either. I'm kind of surprised, because that being something witchcraft-related (ie generally not of God), shouldn't something be said about it? I understand how it wouldn't matter to people; it didn't matter to me before when I saw other shows/wrote such characters into a story. But I have to think about what my parents would say and what spirits I'm bringing into our house. It seems that something like this should be addressed, especially with the part she plays. I realize everyone's not going to agree with me, but I still felt it needed to be mentioned.

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby Tommy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:26 am

Well, that isn`t a highlighted issue of the series, but yes, I agree that she should be mentioned in Christian reviews.
Tommy

Postby Kanerou » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:45 am

Question: I'm on episode 20 or 21, the one after

[spoiler] Motoko and co. go to Hana's house. [/spoiler]

Will there be any more weird stuff from here on, or am I safe?

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:33 am

ummmm there will be one more instance....but I can't really say much because its in the last episode....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Sai » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:50 am

[spoiler] Hana will have a side story of how her life was horrible til tohru came along and there is some iffy stuff in there[/spoiler]
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kanerou » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:31 am

Really. That's it? Awesome. So no more of her energy stuff 'till then? Sensing vibes, attacking people, etc.

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby Sai » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 pm

Well [spoiler] The story invovles how she gained control over her strange power which she doesn't understand herself. It had something about her powers making a kid go to the hospital and things like that.[/spoiler] Thats all I can remember...
"Bother"
Sai

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:00 pm

I don't think that is int he anime....actually...(Kanerou was talking about the anime i believe)

That is in the manga though....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Sai » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:24 pm

Oh ok, thanks!
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:03 am

Kanerou wrote:Really. That's it? Awesome. So no more of her energy stuff 'till then? Sensing vibes, attacking people, etc.

Truthfully, we can't really say. The manga isn't complete yet. For all we know, the manga could end with Hana using her waves to take over the world. Unlike, yet still possible. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews