"Identity" and "Kill Me, Kiss Me" - reviews??

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

"Identity" and "Kill Me, Kiss Me" - reviews??

Postby Alice » Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Does anyone know anything about these mangas?

I'd like to hear if they're decent reads, not too filthy, etc.

If anyone's read either of them, I'd love to hear what you think! Thanks!~
Alice

Postby Lynx » Sat May 14, 2005 10:16 pm

i've read the first volume of kill me kiss me. i think there was some violence and language in it.... full of bishies tho ;) if i remember correctly there wasnt much in the way of anything sexual or anything... no nudity if i remember... (keep in mind i've only read the first volume) now on to the plot!

the first volume is about this girl who really wants to meet this model. she finds out her male cousin goes to his school (all boys school i believe), and her cousin and her identical looking, so she convinces him to let her switch places so she can meet the model.

i really liked it! im in the middle of reading the second volume now!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Alice » Sun May 15, 2005 10:55 am

Thanks! It looked interesting. Thanks for answering me! :)
Alice

Postby Debitt » Sun May 15, 2005 11:31 am

From what I understand, the 1st couple volumes of Kill Me Kiss Me are excellent, but from there the original plot goes completely out the window and the entire series goes downhill. I haven't read it myself though, just repeating what I've been told. :sweat:

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Alice » Sun May 15, 2005 12:23 pm

Oh, that's okay. :grin:

I often don't read past the first few volumes of a series anyway!

I much prefer a good first few volumes to "it gets better later on." I'm probably not going to keep reading to get there, if I have to wait for it to get better!
Alice

Postby Alice » Fri May 20, 2005 9:29 pm

Okay!! I bought it and read it!

Okay, here's my review of Kill Me, Kiss Me. (Hate the title, BTW!)

So, I looked at it in the store and thought it looked interesting, and read what some people (thanks, BTW) said about it. And I decided to buy it.

I did like it.

But I didn't know it was rated Older Teen when I bought it. (Guess I didn't do enough research.)

There was cigarette use (a lot), and crude talking, and plenty of violence (sometimes off camera or threats, too). Also gangsters portrayed as possible good guys? Also some use of God's name in vain.

Anyway, the plot.

Our heroine looks identical to her cousin. She convinces him to switch places with her when she finds out he goes to school with a model (boy) she thinks is really cool. Things go down hill from there.

Things that could be objectionable: violence (scary for some people?, also [spoiler] one guy says he's a "doctor" and likes to "operate" on people -- that is scary). [/spoiler] Anyway, a lot of the violence is off-screen. Moving on.

[spoiler] A lot of people call her gay, stuff like that. One guy kisses her. (Does know she's a girl at the time, but she doesn't know he knows.) One guy wants to kiss her, and kinda likes her, and feels really weird about it and worries that he's turning gay. [/spoiler]

Anyway, I enjoyed the thing in spite of any crudity. It kept me reading!

And I liked the story because, although you felt like there was definitely more of it to read, when it ended, it was at a good place.

Now here's a real spoiler about the end.

[spoiler] the people who needed to know she's a girl all know by the end of the book. I like that. Don't you hate it when the pain goes on forever?? [/spoiler]
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri May 20, 2005 11:17 pm

This sounds very good. I read a bit at Books-A-Million today. I love the art.

Seems as if I might have to buy this.
Joshua Christopher

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews