comic contest entry

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

comic contest entry

Postby soul alive » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:00 pm

God gave me a boot in the tush to get me in gear and started on doing manga, something i've had plans to try to do for a while, but just haven't done much about. i decided to start out with something small, and somehow ended up doing an entry for the Christian Comics Contest ... 0_o.

i would really, really love to share my entry here, but was unsure about doing that, due to potential copyright problems... if anyone has a solution for me to share my entry here, somehow, that would be WONDERFUL.

and if you have an entry yourself, it would be cool to see it, as soon as how to go about doing that is figured out.

my entry was 4 pages, line art (i was just too much of a lazy bum to shade or color it... i may later). the plot was based upon the verses in Matthew - the great invitation.

thanks
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Ashley » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:19 pm

Soul Alive, I have great news for you. Ink is hosting anyone who wants to have their entries online at Christianmanga.com I just alerted her to this thread, so I'm sure she'll have more to say!
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:21 pm

Unless you're concerned about theft, you keep your rights to the entries to the Comic contest and can post them anywhere you like. (provided we're talking about the one by Comix35...XD) Also, if you want, I'm going to make a section on christianmanga.com for people's entries and I'd be happy to host it there for you...^^

EDIT: You beat me Ashley...XD

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby soul alive » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:50 am

yeah! that's great. thanks for letting me know. inkhana, would i send you the image files then?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby inkhana » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Sure, I'll PM you with my email. You can either directly link me to them on your own webspace or attach them to an email, whatever works for you.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews