If you were stranded on a deserted island...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

Postby oro! » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:38 pm

and could only have one manga with you for entertainment, which would it be? I personaly would choose Rurouni Kenshin#6 because... it is the longest I've seen of RuroKen and I like that story anyway. :sweat:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby HeliosX86 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:45 pm

I think I would keep the Azumanga Daioh manga in handy, just so I can keep my sense of humor from withering away. :D
HeliosX86

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:53 pm

My one and only RK vol 2
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Icarus » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:10 pm

Excel Saga 4.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Debitt » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:34 pm

Tactics 2 or MaLoki 2....xD;

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:21 pm

id be a Naruto book...but Im not sure which one...
Solid Ronin

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Fruits Basket vol 6. *runs off to start thread*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:29 pm

I dunno...probably something Rurouni Kenshin.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:09 pm

Probably Trigun Maximum #1, but only because it has my all-time favorite official picture of my Nicholas in it.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Either a Ranma 1/2 or Inuyasha manga. :lol:
mitsuki lover

Postby Arnobius » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:11 pm

Well, personally, I'd follow GK Chesterson's model and ask for "An Amatuer's Guide to Shipbuilding and Navigation" ;)

Manga are too short to bring just one, unless you're talking one series, in which case, I'd probably go with Love Hina.
Arnobius

Postby Needle Noggin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm

I would not bring manga. Instead I would bring paper and a pen to write something of my own. Being on an island with only one thing to read (manga or otherwise) would kill me. If I wrote my own stuff I could entertain myself much longer.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:12 pm

Acutally, I was just thinking about it. I wouldn't bring manga at all. I'd bring a coconut and palm fronds. Then I'd construct a satellite phone out of those supplies like the Profesor from Gilligan's Island.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Needle Noggin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:11 pm

Why would you bring "a coconut and palm fronds" those thing are already on the island most likely.
Go young wildebeest
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:31 pm

Needle Noggin wrote:Why would you bring "a coconut and palm fronds" those thing are already on the island most likely.

Nope. This is one of those dreaded "sand only" islands. Very exclusive. Not even a Wal-mart could be found on its barren shores.

Mangafanatic

Postby Needle Noggin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:33 pm

I see...
Go young wildebeest
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby Kkun » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:15 am

Rurouni Kenshin vol. 18, once it's translated.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Arnobius » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:23 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Nope. This is one of those dreaded "sand only" islands. Very exclusing. Not ever an Wal-mart could be found on it's barren shores.

Well, I guess you'll only need one volume then, since you'll be dead of dehydration soon...
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:53 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Well, I guess you'll only need one volume then, since you'll be dead of dehydration soon...

Actually, I'm building a satellite phone, remember? So I figure my rescuers will be on their way before I even get thirsty.

Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:11 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Actually, I'm building a satellite phone, remember? So I figure my rescuers will be on their way before I even get thirsty.

Yes, but depending just how far out the desert island is, you may still die before they arrive.

Also, hope Gilligan isn't with you or expect a long sojurn there ;)
Arnobius

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:36 am

Fruits Basket! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:17 am

[quote="AnimeHeretic"]Yes, but depending just how far out the desert island is, you may still die before they arrive.

Also, hope Gilligan isn't with you or expect a long sojurn there ]

If he were, I'd build a very sturdy cell out of bamboo and put him in there before I did anything else.

Mangafanatic

Postby ZiP » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:34 am

Whatever one had the most pages.
I'd get hungry... =)
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby termyt » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:28 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Nope. This is one of those dreaded "sand only" islands. Very exclusive. Not even a Wal-mart could be found on its barren shores.

Well, you're really in trouble then. The Gilligan's island crew depended on people "accidentally" stumbling accross them quite frequently for all of their plot devices to work. If you're too remote, I'm afraid things will not work out so well for you.
termyt

Postby Arnobius » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:39 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:If he were, I'd build a very sturdy cell out of bamboo and put him in there before I did anything else.

LOL. If the other castaways had done that, they could have been off the island in a week.

Wait a minute... didn't you say there was nothing but sand on the island? Where is the bamboo coming from?
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:27 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:LOL. If the other castaways had done that, they could have been off the island in a week.

Wait a minute... didn't you say there was nothing but sand on the island? Where is the bamboo coming from?

Well, it would migrate across the ocean, of course. Carried by swallows whose nation of origin I know not and whose air speed velocity cannot, therefore, be tabulated.

. . . I'm really hoping you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail or that made about 0% sense.

Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:18 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, it would migrate across the ocean, of course. Carried by swallows whose nation of origin I know not and whose air speed velocity cannot, therefore, be tabulated.

. . . I'm really hoping you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail or that made about 0% sense.

No, I got it.
But of course, by invoking that, there will be nothing to eat on the island except
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:36 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:By invoking that, there will be nothing to eat on the island except
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!

I choose death.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:02 pm

This thread has taken an amazing turn...

I think that I would take Trigun Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! no 2
Kokhiri Sojourn

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews