Thoughts on the Princess Ai manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Thoughts on the Princess Ai manga?

Postby Rauken » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:39 pm

I bought the first volume about a month or so ago and really like it so far, the only bad things I've noticed are Ai's workplace and her choice of fashion (a bit revealing). What does everyone else think about the series?

Also, I heard that the 2nd volume is due in February even though I haven't found it listed anywhere else. Can anyone confirm it?
Rauken

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:06 am

I haven't read the manga. THe art style looks really interesting and I flipped through it one day, but the fact that it was made in collaboration with-- who was it? Courtney Love-- just took something away from it to me.

And concerning the rumored release date of volume two, I went to Tokyopop's website, and there wasn't a volume of Princess Ai on the February calendar. So that's probably an unfounded rumor. My guess would be that Tokyopop's gonna pull a stupid "One year between volumes", or something. It's wouldn't be the first zany release increment they've thought up. *rolls her eyes in the general direction of Tokyopop, but more so in the direction of Viz. She ven throws in a fist shake at Viz for their craziness.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews