Questions about Mermaid Saga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Questions about Mermaid Saga

Postby Neosevangel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:27 am

I've read about this series. And at first people kept saying that its horribly violent and gorey. But when I read about the characters and the stories.....It seems as though Ive seen and or heard of worse. For example cutting off a person's head, thats been done to death in history (pardon the pun). But I guess the reasoning behind people saying that is the imagery Ms. Takahashi may embelish or propose in her art. So it brings me to my point, how graphic are we talking here? Are we talking about Passion of the Christ graphic (not that I'm talking down about it; its awsome!). Or perhaps Wolf's Rain graphic. Or just Inu-Yasha graphic. If its Passion of Christ violent I'll forget it. If its Wolf's Rain violent I'll keep thinking about it. But if its just Inu-Yasha violent then I can handle it.
Also how often is nudity in the series? I know the mermaids are depicted as topless and there is a character called Nae thats topless somewhat. But I can simply avoid those stories since each story in Mermaid Saga acts on it's own.
Also is there any bad language in the stories? If so how often and what kind of words? Just give me their first initial. Thank you for your time and I'll appreciate it if you help me. Please respond if you know and again thank you.

Friendship at its finest!
:lick: :hug: :jump: :red: :angel:
Neosevangel

Postby snapdragon76 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:14 pm

Well, I have the first one in the series and I'd say it's about InuYasha graphic. Yeah, there are some topless parts, but they aren't really gratuitous (nuduiy for nudity's sake). Any language that might have been in the original would have been edited 'cause I didn't really find any.

Friendships multiply joys and divide griefs. --H.G. Bohn
snapdragon76

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews