Chrono Crusade

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Chrono Crusade

Postby V8Tsunami » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:08 pm

I've seen some previews of it and it looks really cool. Considering it's has basis in Chrisianity (although there's still the whole interacting-with-demons thing), and with a nun as the main character, I think it's gonna be pretty cool. What do you guys think of it? Anybody got any pics from it?
This message has been brought to you by the Members of the My Job Drives Me Nutz Association. :dizzy::hits_self:lol:

"I probably won't enter heaven nice, clean and neat. More like sliding in sideways saying, man, what a ride" :lol:

@)}~ Carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA moderators.
V8Tsunami

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:09 pm

i have some of the scanlatians, and ive seen the anime, it is pretty good

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:12 pm

The manga is licensed. I started reading the first volume, but I didn't have time to finish it. The plot seems like it could possibly be very good or very bad. I'll have to read it soon.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby panegryst » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:42 pm

I just bought the first volume. Pretty cool so far, I liked the interaction between Rosette (main char., a nun) and Chrono (her demon companion). Almost no fanservice.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby That Dude » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:19 pm

I don't know much about this series so I was wondering about that stuff also...It seems like a cleaner version of Hellsing without the vampires to me...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:40 pm

I loved the first manga of Chrno Crusade. I'm looking foreward to reading the next one. ^_^ Is it out already?

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby panegryst » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:39 pm

it's supposed to be, but I haven't seen it anywhere
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby arellys » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:55 am

o.o my friend got completely put off christianity and stuff for... three months or something... >< apparently it was very persuasive... but not in a good way *_* i haven't seen it.... ^_^;; but it has an awesome opening theme song!
MOose!
"When elephants turn pink it's best to fry them in apple sauce"
The resistance indicates starshine today hello" - Juneberry
"Confusious says touch your nose"
"When taxis leave for port make sure you pack a spare racoon"
- Peter
Brought to you by.... uh.... um..... *calls out* LINE!

~Lys
arellys

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:23 am

[quote="arellys"]o.o my friend got completely put off christianity and stuff for... three months or something... >< apparently it was very persuasive... but not in a good way *_* i haven't seen it.... ^_^]

Because of Chrno?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:34 am

it has kinda screwed morals (I've seen the whole anime) but I've heard the anime goes away from the manga ALOT and that the manga is 10Xs better... I have the 1st volume and I know the 2nd volume has some fanservice at the beginning. Theres plently of fanservice in the anime sadly.

A little warning: The first few parts aren't that bad morally, but as you get into it there's less and less of a distict line between good and evil.
[spoiler="click here"] Its been so long since I've seen it, but in the anime it says demons were originally exiled from heaven just so earth could have a reason to worship God. Since most of the stuff in the series that is wrong is so farfetched I didn't have much problem watching it. There is good stuff in it like getting involved with witchcraft and demon worship isn't something good to do and it portrays most of the demons as pretty evil. You will HATE Aion if you really get into the series.[/spoiler]
Kawaiikneko

Postby For_Him » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:57 pm

I found some screenshots for you, and to view more that you need on Chrono Crusade, here is the site I've found the screenshots on.
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/chronocrusade/

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Brother of Sparx00.

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: BCMac87

[SIZE="4"]My YouTube Channel[/SIZE]
For_Him

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:31 pm

I,ve seen the first and second volumes of the anime.
They do have fanservice, though.

I own volumes one and two of the manga, really cool. :thumb:

I see a lot of good stuff in it, though as stated before its spiritual view is a bit messed up.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:39 pm

How much fanservice does the manga have?

Mangafanatic

Postby Namu » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:48 pm

I had so many avatars from this show, and I didn't even know who the people were. So....Rosette's her name, huh? :D (She's been in my avatars on other boards and I didn't know what her name was....but I wouldve never guessed that). It's always looked interesting, but I'll be a bit cautious of it while picking up the manga sometime.
The terrifying moldy bread incident! In elementary school, Yomi's leftover bread started rotting inside her desk! you can't imagine what happened! Not only that, but the mold had a will of its own, it was terrible! Barricading ourselves in the science prep room, we used spirit lamps and engaged in combat! Then I realized it!! If we only had the bottle of mildew remover from the bathroom, we could destroy them!!
-Tomo Takino, Azumanga Daioh
Namu

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:20 pm

*posted by mangafanatic*
How much fanservice does the manga have?

To be honest I don't remember a whole lot. There is a little in v1. The "elder" is a bit weird also.

Volume two has some nudity. Rossette goes into a characters mind and she is depicted nude. I don't recall it being detailed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Kenshin17

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:24 pm

Yeah, it's not very detailed. Personally, the skewed theology irritated me more, but I love the art style and find Joshua oddly fascinating. I guess I just have trouble accepting that Chrno's a demon because he's so sweet most of the time, and even his battle scenes don't seem to outweigh it.
Aka-chan

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:48 am

Is the purple haired guy Chrono. If so-- it's weird that he's a good lookin' demon. :eh:

Mangafanatic

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:19 am

I agree with Aka-chan. Its really hard to see Chrono as a demon. He's so kind and selfless. By defention he is not a demon. Demons are evil and nasty. :mutter:
Kenshin17

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:16 am

Like Aion. *grr*

And Chrno is a bishie. XD I guess that skews some young/non-Christians' views of good and evil, which irritates me, but I like Chrno as a character.
Aka-chan

Postby SakuraSamurai » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm

I purchased Chrono Crusade (manga) yesterday. It's OK, I guess I'll have to continue reading the next volume to get the hang of it like DNAngel.
I am a GaiaOnline User! :thumb:
SakuraSamurai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews