DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Spoilerized the last part of your post too, Yeito. I understand that people make mistakes or misjudge things, Arianrod, so it's ok I don't hold it against you or anything. I just ask that everyone be very considerate of anyone who might have accidentally stumbled into this thread without realizing most of us have read through the latest volume, that's all.
Ashley

Postby christianfriend » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:20 pm

Ashley wrote:Has anyone heard any news about DNAngel the anime series being picked up? I could have sworn I heard a tidbit about Bandai, but I really, really want them to hurry up with it!

Do you mean the animated series? I have already seen it..and its realy stupid..it missed alot of stuff that was in the books..and its totaly different.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:24 pm

Really? Bummer! I was fairly hoping it would be as good of a transition as Full Moon and Fruits Basket were. Ah well, I suppose you can't win them all. Tis a shame then, because I really loved the opening song "True Light". Well, I'll want to still see them for myself of course, so here's hoping my taste varies from yours, right?
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:28 pm

I think you just have to look at the manga and the anime as two seperate entities (like Escaflowne and the Escaflowne movie). The manga definitely has a much more coherent plot, but I enjoyed the series nontheless. The only thing that really managed to disappoint me was Onosaka Masaya didn't voice Dark like he did in the radio dramas. T_T He was such a good Dark Mousy.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:35 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:I think you just have to look at the manga and the anime as two seperate entities (like Escaflowne and the Escaflowne movie). The manga definitely has a much more coherent plot, but I enjoyed the series nontheless. The only thing that really managed to disappoint me was Onosaka Masaya didn't voice Dark like he did in the radio dramas. T_T He was such a good Dark Mousy.

An excellent suggestion! This is the way I try to handle all adaptations of manga to anime (or the other way around) I don't see why I should only like one. I mean, I liked both the Full Moon anime and the manga, even though they weren't THAT similar. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:12 am

So, what's the anime like? Are the seiyuu any good?
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:38 pm

I actually enjoyed the anime. :lol: There's one Whizzu-centric episode that I thought was absolutely adorable. I haven't seen it all yet, so I can't comment much, but what I did see (4 or 5 episodes) I LURVED.

The seiyuus disappointed me, not because they were bad (In fact, they were PERFECT), but I preferred the radio drama seiyuus. >>; But that's just crazy ole' me. Krad's voice makes me all happy and squealy and melty.

Debitt

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:01 pm

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]I actually enjoyed the anime. :lol: There's one Whizzu-centric episode that I thought was absolutely adorable. I haven't seen it all yet, so I can't comment much, but what I did see (4 or 5 episodes) I LURVED.

The seiyuus disappointed me, not because they were bad (In fact, they were PERFECT), but I preferred the radio drama seiyuus. >>]

cool, I can't wait to hear Krad then :P

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:57 pm

Does anyone know when the 5th manga volume's coming out?

Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:33 pm

As a general rule, I think Tokyo Pop releases the next volume of a manga every other month.

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:10 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:As a general rule, I think Tokyo Pop releases the next volume of a manga every other month.

She is correct, as usual. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:18 pm

i gotta read it so i'll steel it from my friend. :evil: ...okay just barrow it. tee hee!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:22 pm

*whisper whisper* Read Fruits Basket first. . . ;) It's better.

But--- um, you didn't hear that from me.

Mangafanatic

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:27 pm

i don't think my friend has fruit baskets, although i have been reading it at borders when i walk home ^_^; i already have the first dnangel and i wanna know what happens in the second one!! must. know. now!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:36 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:As a general rule, I think Tokyo Pop releases the next volume of a manga every other month.

It won't come out until December? Nooo!

Lady Arianrod

Postby SakuraSamurai » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:20 pm

DNAngel is a romance manga mostly. So far in the story it took a interesting turn and its starting to become rather suspenseful.
I am a GaiaOnline User! :thumb:
SakuraSamurai

Postby Kireihana » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:13 am

I picked up the first two volumes yesterday *waaay behind* and so far I really like it. the story premise is very similar to Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, I thought. But it was kind of confusing in the first volume. Everything was happening so fast. And the art is adorable but I guess maybe the use of so many screentones & light/dark made it difficult for me to read (ok, I had just finished Kenshin vol. 7, so it's a bit of a switch) By the second volume I think the layouts were much improved though. I can't wait to buy vol. 3!!
Kireihana

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:24 pm

Yeah, DNAngel is sorta confusing, but if you push through it-- you'll like it.

Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:48 pm

Vol. 5 looks like it will be even better! =3

Lady Arianrod

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:49 pm

I think it would ROCK to do a Dark cosplay. With the wings and everything.

::files idea away for a few years down the road::

I promise pics if I do it!

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:31 pm

I've never done cosplay or gone to an anime convention. =(

250th post! yay

Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:24 pm

Lady Arianrod wrote:Vol. 5 looks like it will be even better! =3

The 5th book is my favorite thus far. :thumb:

Debitt

Postby Lady Arianrod » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:35 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:The 5th book is my favorite thus far. :thumb:

Any spoilers for the fifth volume? ^___^ I wanna know! :sweat:

Lady Arianrod

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:06 pm

The fifth is out?!?!?!?!
Just finished the first... *cries*
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:05 pm

KisaTohru wrote:The fifth is out?!?!?!?!
Just finished the first... *cries*

How did you like it? I got into DN Angel after the first volume, actually.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Kisa » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:28 pm

I LOVED it! Poor Dark.... *cries some more*
Oh and I mean I just finished the fourth, lol ^^'' sorry
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:56 pm

KisaTohru wrote:I LOVED it! Poor Dark.... *cries some more*
Oh and I mean I just finished the fourth, lol ^^'' sorry

Oh! ok.

Dark is very cool, by the way. ^__^

Lady Arianrod

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:15 pm

WHAT!? The 5th is out!? How is that possible? Fruits Basket comes out on the same schedule. How weird. . . (Am I missing something. . .)

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:07 pm

According to TokyoPop, volume 5 won't be out til December 7th. I'm guessing someone read the scanlations, and that's how they know....

Or they're like Royalwing and live outside the US and therefore don't suffer through our stupid release schedules.
Ashley

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:13 pm

Ashley wrote:According to TokyoPop, volume 5 won't be out til December 7th. I'm guessing someone read the scanlations, and that's how they know....

Or they're like Royalwing and live outside the US and therefore don't suffer through our stupid release schedules.

Where does one obtain these scanations? ;)

Lady Arianrod

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews