DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:41 am

KisaTohru wrote:YAY! I got a Dark plushie! *glomps osaka* *cuddles own said plushie*
Thank youuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!
Yea it comes out sometime early October.... you can already order it online through Barnes and Noble... (should I or shouldn't I get it... hmmmm)
Satoshi is on the front *nudges Lady A*

That's the next issue?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Satoshi.... this is so awesome!
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:02 am

I got the fourth one last night! ^_^ Satoshi wasn't on the cover, though. It was Daisuke and Wiz....*sniffles* Satoshi is spiffy. Got a brief glimpse of Krad though. :thumb: Still gotta love Dark, man. *swoon*

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:57 am

Really?! This is what Barne's and Nobleand every other misc site I have looked at showed as the 4th volume....
AND ITS OUT?! *cries* I am just missing out on all of these releases.... I am definitley going to Walden's this weekend ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:15 pm

I wonder why Tokyo Pop is juggling the covers....only volume 3's cover has had the same image as the original Japanese cover. >>; And that Satoshi belongs on volume 7...

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:07 pm

They do this all the time. It's really rather silly. (When they released Miracle Girls, they used all the original covers [I think. . .], just on the wrong volumes!!!)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:24 am

Darn... and I was looking foward to having Satoshi on the cover. Oh well.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:39 am

*sniff* We must be brave! We will have the Satoshi volume someday. :waah!:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:25 pm

lol
why must they confuse us as well as making us wait so long between volumes!
*cries too*
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:34 pm

INDEED!!! I really don't understand why they put 2 months between volumes. It doesn't make sense.

I bought it this afternoon. >_______< I haven't read it yet. . . I'm going to in a minute. *Dashes off*

Mangafanatic

Postby Icarus » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:24 am

[spoiler]It shall be interesting to see Daisuke work without Dark around. I further would like to know how he gets Dark out.[/spoiler]

Now I just have to wait for volume five
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:09 am

Icarus, have you read volume 4?

Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:14 am

:thumb: Volume 5 ish t3h awesome. :lol: Lots of Krad. *insert fangirl squeal here*

Debitt

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:54 am

Kokoro Daisuke wrote::thumb: Volume 5 ish t3h awesome. :lol: Lots of Krad. *insert fangirl squeal here*

So... Volume 5 has a lot of Krad? Yay! :thumbsup:

Lady Arianrod

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:38 pm

[spoiler=] I'm actually rather confused. It looked like Dark got ripped out of him, but then later they converse. So is he gone or not!? I really like DNAngel, but sometimes it confuses me. . . >_<[/spoiler]

Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:00 pm

[spoiler] Satoshi uses the mirror to essentially seperate Dark and Daisuke from one another. They're able to converse, but Dark is trapped within the world inside the mirror - a world that, if I remember correctly, reflects his dreams or desires and thusly has him living in Daisuke's place (with friends, school, a family, etc.) and in volume 5 Daisuke has to go into the mirror to get Dark back out. [/spoiler]

Debitt

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:58 am

*cries* I gotta go find all these new releases..... So who is on the cover????
Kisa

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:09 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:[spoiler] Satoshi uses the mirror to essentially seperate Dark and Daisuke from one another. They're able to converse, but Dark is trapped within the world inside the mirror - a world that, if I remember correctly, reflects his dreams or desires and thusly has him living in Daisuke's place (with friends, school, a family, etc.) and in volume 5 Daisuke has to go into the mirror to get Dark back out. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] What role does Krad have in all of this? Doesn't he eventually battle Dark?[/spoiler]

At any rate, these plot summaries that some of you have posted sound very interesting... I can't wait to read them! :dance:

Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:04 pm

[spoiler]Not until later. :thumb: After trapping Dark in the mirror, Satoshi finds Daisuke lying on the ground and in the act of apologizing to him when his DNA acts up and he transforms into Krad. Krad becomes rather displeased with Daisuke and actually ends up "fighting" him, before Dark (presumably) whaps Krad from inside the mirror, allowing Daisuke to grab the mirror and run.[/spoiler]

Debitt

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:12 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:[spoiler]Not until later. :thumb: After trapping Dark in the mirror, Satoshi finds Daisuke lying on the ground and in the act of apologizing to him when his DNA acts up and he transforms into Krad. Krad becomes rather displeased with Daisuke and actually ends up "fighting" him, before Dark (presumably) whaps Krad from inside the mirror, allowing Daisuke to grab the mirror and run.[/spoiler]

Thanks for filling me in! This sounds like a great volume. Is Riku in it at all? I like her and Daisuke as a couple :thumb: !

Lady Arianrod

Postby Ashley » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:30 am

Was anyone else slightly disturbed at the scene

[spoiler] When Daisuke lands on top of Risa?[/spoiler]

I mean, I know that was a convienient plot twist to pull, but I was personally very shocked to see two little kids like that. And personally, I'm starting to get really, really confused as to which twin is which and which twin likes which. O.o

Satoshi has blue hair?! All this time I thought he was blonde....
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:56 am

Yeah, I gotta admit Ashley, that did bother me.[spoiler] I mean-- they're how old? 14!? I mean, nothing happened, but the whole scene just LOOKED really bad. [/spoiler]

Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:34 am

I just got Volume 4! I'll post something on it when I'm finished

;)

Lady Arianrod

Postby Kisa » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:46 am

I got it! Whoo hoo, the last one in my Walden's!
*goes off to read*
Kisa

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:00 pm

Congragitations, Kisa! ^_^ I forget whether I mentioned this or not, but did anyone else see that D.N.Angel was the cover for Newtype this month? :thumb: Very spiffy.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 pm

Has anyone heard any news about DNAngel the anime series being picked up? I could have sworn I heard a tidbit about Bandai, but I really, really want them to hurry up with it!
Ashley

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:54 pm

Yes, it has been picked up. Not by Bandai, but by ADV Films. The first volume will be released on November 9th. You can find some info about the release here.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:27 pm

Volume 4 was quite good! I liked the character interaction, especially with Daisuke, Dark, and Satoshi...

And, of course, Krad.

[spoiler]I didn't really like that suggestive scene with Risa and Daisuke... it disappointed me because I want Daisuke and Riku to get together![/spoiler]

Lady Arianrod

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:21 pm

Merci, merci SMan! You get a cookie too!

Oh and Lady Arianrod, I spoilerized the last bit of your post--since this thread isn't volume specific please try to be considerate of any possible spoilers. The code is simple: [*spoiler] stuff here [*/spoiler] without the *
Ashley

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:23 pm

Sorry about that, Ashley.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Yeito » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:27 pm

Hallo. Am I allowed to say something? <.< >.> ::doesn't hear rejection::

Otay. (_ _) I also was kinda miffed at the you-know-what scene. But Krad was way awesome. o.o

r_r well.. [spoiler]except when he knocked off Wiz. That was way not cool.[/spoiler]
Yeito

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews