Buso Renkin

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:41 pm

Xaio-Mei wrote:The villains are hilarious, in my opinion... wait until you see what the main villains has on later! I laughed for like five minutes!

I don't know who you might be thinking of, but I know that for me the funniest one is the moon-head guy. It's impossible for me to take his silhouette seriously.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:32 pm

well, i guess the author has taken quite a change in the villian design. most of the enemies in rurouni kenshin aren't really "laughable-like" (if you know what i mean).
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Apparently, there's a brand new anime version of this too. It's not released in the States yet; then again, it's only up to episode two. XD

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6601
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:40 pm

I'm going to follow this series, but mostly because it's Watsuki-sensei's work. Overall, it has a very "typical shounen title" feel to it, but I'm hoping it's just starting off slow.

I'm also hoping to see some more of Watsuki-sensei's semi-famous weapon designs.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby MasterDias » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:44 pm

jon_jinn wrote:well, i guess the author has taken quite a change in the villian design. most of the enemies in rurouni kenshin aren't really "laughable-like" (if you know what i mean).

Maybe not.
But half of the Kenshin villains in the final part look like they were ripped out of Marvel comics...

[quote]Apparently, there's a brand new anime version of this too. It's not released in the States yet]
Not quite.
Notice the vintage/date on the ANN entry. The anime doesn't start until October.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:55 am

MasterDias wrote:Maybe not.
But half of the Kenshin villains in the final part look like they were ripped out of Marvel comics...

Hahaha, yeah, Watsuki himself said that one of the characters (his name escapes me) was ripped straight from Spiderman's Carnage and Venom. XD And truthfully, he seriously DOES look like a total Venom rip (I'm fine with that, though, Venom is one of the best Spidey villains. XD). Watsuki also confesses to having lots and lots of inspiration from the Spawn series.

Not quite.
Notice the vintage/date on the ANN entry. The anime doesn't start until October.

Ooh yeah, I see now. I just looked at the "Episode Titles" portion, where it said "we have 2." XD I was thinking it was a bit early for an anime version.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:53 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Hahaha, yeah, Watsuki himself said that one of the characters (his name escapes me) was ripped straight from Spiderman's Carnage and Venom. XD And truthfully, he seriously DOES look like a total Venom rip (I'm fine with that, though, Venom is one of the best Spidey villains. XD). Watsuki also confesses to having lots and lots of inspiration from the Spawn series.

MasterDias wrote:Maybe not.

well, i stopped collection this manga by volume 4 and i stopped reading the series midway into the kyoto arc with the main enemy, shishio (or something like that).

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:01 pm

jon_jinn wrote:well, i stopped collection this manga by volume 4 and i stopped reading the series midway into the kyoto arc with the main enemy, shishio (or something like that).

Ah, yeah, Mumyoi (the venom rip) was part of the Jinchuu arc.

Radical Dreamer

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Ah, yeah, Mumyoi (the venom rip) was part of the Jinchuu arc.

i see. well, i guess i missed that then.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:54 pm

Finally read volume 1. After reading this thread I was fearing a huge let-down but I really liked it! I don't think Watsuki slacked off artwise, although Tokiko does remind me of Battousai. I think the art is better than the early volumes of RuroKen at any rate. I couldn't help but feel as I read the volume it made a good Christian allegory for being saved. The old self dying, getting a new heart and a new life with a new and greater purpose, and a power that is not meant to be just used to protect yourself, but to fight against evil and defend your friends from that evil (for a Christian that would be supporting Christian friends in fellowship and prayer and helping non-Christian friends met Christ and be saved). I know that's reading far too much into it and not at all what Watsuki meant, and Tokiko is certainly NOT a Jesus figure, but that is what I thought of. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Hope that opinion doesn't start a debate. :sweat: Be nice, please.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:09 pm

I really wish I had more time to read my manga...-.-

hey! TOMOZAKU SEKI is in this show!! *squueee*

(he is the voice of the japanese kyo in fruba btw)

I can't wait till the show comes to america!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:I really wish I had more time to read my manga...-.-

hey! TOMOZAKU SEKI is in this show!! *squueee*

(he is the voice of the japanese kyo in fruba btw)

I can't wait till the show comes to america!!

IF it ever does.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:17 pm

jon_jinn wrote:IF it ever does.

Well, due to Rurouni Kenshin's immense popularity, I wouldn't be surprised at all. It'll probably be licensed before ep. 5. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 pm

that's very true.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:18 pm

HAHA! *crosses fingers*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Xiao-Mei » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 pm

If/when it gets dubbed, hope the voice actors are good.

Ah, Moon-face. S :P o evil, yet so laughable. Some villains are just the type you can't take seriously. And some villains, you really can't hate because they're just so kawaii!!! :lol: (like the villains of D. Gray-man)
夏天的雨; Under the summer rain... I burnt away... ~
夏天的天空; Under the summer rain... You turned away ~

Procrastinate now, don't do it later! :drool: :lol:
Xiao-Mei

Postby Sennin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:19 am

From what I read in volume one, this seems like it will be an average series. Nobuhiro Watsuki said that he was thinking about setting another manga in the Meiji Era. I hope that he does that for his next work.
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
-Theodore Roosevelt

When asked what wine he liked to drink, he replied, “That which belongs to another.â€
Sennin

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:20 pm

i busou renkin complete? i heard that it finishes at like volume 12 but i didn't believe that.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:19 pm

It ended at ten, actually. I shall now cite the academically ironclad source that is Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busou_Renkin
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:16 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:It ended at ten, actually. I shall now cite the academically ironclad source that is Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busou_Renkin

ten?! hmmm...not bad for a manga that probably would've started going down the drain soon after that volume.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby MasterDias » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Ten volumes is rather short for a shonen fighting series, a successful one anyway, which is why I am somewhat curious as to how it ends and if Watsuki was able to give it a decent ending.

Although, the fact that an anime is being made has some positive implications in that regard.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:11 am

So Watsuki is going to go traditional with magic '26', huh? XD
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:38 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:So Watsuki is going to go traditional with magic '26', huh? XD

traditional magic '26'? do you mean the amount of episodes the anime might be? or something else?

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:14 pm

I would be rather certain that is what he meant. Does anyone know if the Busou Renkin anime is intended to be 26 episodes? I can't imagine it would be very good if it lasted longer than that.

MasterDias wrote:Ten volumes is rather short for a shonen fighting series, a successful one anyway, which is why I am somewhat curious as to how it ends and if Watsuki was able to give it a decent ending.

From what I have read, I think that it will have at least an acceptable one. I think he had the entire story planned from the outset, so it seems as though he had his overall arcs planned and all his characters invented.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:17 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I would be rather certain that is what he meant. Does anyone know if the Busou Renkin anime is intended to be 26 episodes? I can't imagine it would be very good if it lasted longer than that.

I don't know. How long would it take to animate 10 volumes?

Of course, I am initially assuming that they will stick to the manga plot....

MasterDias

Postby Mega.EXE » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:53 pm

well D.N. Angel was about that many episodes and it was still an amazing Anime
Mega.EXE

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:44 pm

I went out and bought the first volume of this yesterday, and I think that the story definitely has potential. 'Course, it'll never top Rurouni Kenshin, but it's still entertaining. :D I was so happy when Watsuki admitted that Tokiko looked a bit like Battousai, since that was one of the first impressions I had of her, too. XD This is pretty much the first series I've read that's drawn/written by the same author of another series (not counting short stories and one-shot manga), so it's interesting to see how the ideas and character designs mesh. XD Hopefully, this'll be a series that I can enjoy. :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Ten volumes? I'll definitly get this one then. 28 was a big number...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:16 am

I got the first volume yesterday and i am actually really liking it
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews