Full Moon Wo Sagahite

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Full Moon Wo Sagahite

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:14 pm

I noticed some news threads, but I wanted to have a topic for General FMWS Chat.

So lets at it then! Its my very favorite series ^^^
Bianca

Postby Ashley » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:36 pm

Here, here. I'm always up for more Tanemura-discussing! I love Tanemura-sensei as a whole, but FMWS is by far my favorite. It's got all the best elements: drama, romance, humor, A DECENT PLOT WITH TWISTS YOU DON'T SEE COMING!

I do wish they had left the honorifics in the translation, like they have with Furuba, but they made up for it by leaving the title untranslated. And my favorite character has to be Takuto-kun. ^^
Ashley

Postby Ingemar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:07 pm

The only manga I know of where [spoiler]Two members of a love triangle are already dead.[/spoiler]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:15 pm

Oh, the Full Moon. I doth love it with the fire of a thousand suns. I think that a good manga allows you to see something of yourself in it, but with this one it's like my being shattered into a thousand pieces and reconstituted itself in the pages. It's different every time I read it, but never the lesser for it.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Bianca » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:15 pm

I wish it was longer myself. I think Tanemura should have added more focus on the OoshigeXWakaouji, and MadokaXNachi relationships...

I would be like, the happiest person in the world to see more of the Negi Ramen love backstory. I would adore a prequel of like, them before Mitsuki, and how Takuto had to force himself not to love Meroko, and Meroko feel for Takuto.

Because they are my favorite anime couple ever, AND because it would be very, VERY amusing.
Bianca

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:36 pm

I dunno, I think a lot of TakutoxMitsuki fans (cough me cough) would be rather miffed. I would have appreciated more backstory on Jonathan and the head of the department they all fear...
Ashley

Postby Bianca » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:41 pm

Bleh, TakutoXMitsuki MIFFED me so much, I wouldn't care (I hate it more then any other couple..like..ever)

I think that Tanemura should focus on more couples anyway. She's always so single minded,and tends to ignore ships if they are not canon. If she won't follow through even a little,she shouldn't mention them. In volume 7, you learn a bit about their history, and I am very interested in how things changed(she can't leave us Negi Ramen fans hanging)

I think they made Jona-San a bit mysterious as well..as well as:

~AoiXHazuki, and their lives
~Fuzuki after Moe
~Jona-San and Mistiya
~Izumi's story before Meroko
~How Ooshige lost touch with Wakaouji and why she is where is is
~Nachi and Madoka's story rising to fame and getting surgery(THAT would be cool)
~Eichi..anything Eichi..I LOVE that kid!

Anything else?
Bianca

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:18 pm

Heehee, LOVE this series. After watching the anime, it became my VERY favorite, which was a pretty big deal. XD Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of this series until about a month or so after it hit the bookstores, so I missed being able to read the scans, but I've absolutely LOVED the manga so far. The anime left me speechless; it's so well done! I love the themes of self-sacrifice and unconditional love; I don't think I've seen another anime that conveys those messages so well. Also, in spite of the fact that the story has so much talk of suicide, there's a very good anti-suicide message, and I think that's really wonderful, too.

Of course, I'm a huge TakutoxMitsuki fan as well, and I also thought the OoshigexWakaouji pairing was really cute. XD I didn't really like Eichi at all...I was rooting for Takuto the whole way. XD I think that Izumi and Meroko would make a cute couple, but I like Izumi much, much better in the manga than I did in the anime. Jonathan's great all around, though, even if I didn't really think his anime voice suited him. :lol: I also love the character that Mitsuki's grandmother became...She was so hard at first, but she really softened up by the end. That series really has some of the best character development I've seen in an anime. XD (Air gets a vote too, though, for Haruko. :3)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sai » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:09 pm

Heh, this is a great series. Its shojo but Tanemura didn't add a ton of sex stuff like other teen rated, tokyopop, shojo i have seen. I sort of wanted Mitsuki to stay loyal to Eichi but whatever, its not a big deal.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:44 pm

I guess on the one hand I appreciated the fact that Mitsuki was still loyal to her first love...she was still grieving him--and in real life, I've found people rarely jump from one relationship to another, especially when something traumatic like that happens. So I guess I appreciated her "realism" in that regard...but I was also happy to see Mitsuki move from grief to a new hope and a new relationship and a new love for life from it.

Plus, Takuto was always hotter to me than Eichi. =P (although, to be fair, I have posters of both up in my room)

I think that Tanemura should focus on more couples anyway. She's always so single minded,and tends to ignore ships if they are not canon. If she won't follow through even a little,she shouldn't mention them.

I think she's getting better at it. She did mention AccessxFinn in KKJ as well as IinchouxMiyako (although that's OLDER than FMWS, so I guess that shouldn't really count), and there's definately more relationship-play in Gentleman's Alliance. I guess it depends on what her focus is...I felt like she was really focusing on relationships more in KKJ and Gentleman's Alliance than say Time Stranger Kyoko or FMWS, where her intentions seemed to be a sister-relationship and themes of love/death/sacrifice, respectively.
Ashley

Postby Bianca » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:34 pm

I wish Mitsuki was true to Eichi..she only "fell in love" with Takuto, because she was angry at him for not paying attention to her (the Hikari thing). She was used to having him molesting her, so she felt wrong when he wasn't. My main issue with their relationship, was that he WAS molesting her. I don't think someone who really cares about you attacks you like he does to Mitsuki..and she is 12!!!

I was so sad watching Eichi smile and leave...poor Eichi.

(Takuto is hot Ash, but Izumi is the hottest >< OHH IZUMI-KUN!!!!)
Bianca

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:52 pm

I dunno, I don't think I agree. Remember how old Takuto was when he died? I think he lacked the maturity to *not* act on his instincts in those instances. Does that justify it? No, but I think it's a slight difference between that and intentional abuse. I think he had his sweet moments, though, especially when she was up to her knees in the ocean *tears up just thinking of it*.

I guess it comes down to how you answer the question which is more meaningful--a relationship with someone who cannot reciprocate, or a relationship you were not expecting that's moving somewhere?

(Izumi as the hottest? Hmm...well, he's bish, alright, but I don't like the sloopy eyes. Gimme Tak-kun any day!)
Ashley

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Ashley wrote:I guess it comes down to how you answer the question which is more meaningful--a relationship with someone who cannot reciprocate, or a relationship you were not expecting that's moving somewhere?

That's an interesting question. I've always leaned toward the latter, but it makes me wonder if I'm just not in tune with this transcendent, mystical, capital L Love that makes people wreck their lives for what appears to be an ordinary romantic relationship.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm

Ashley wrote:I think he had his sweet moments, though, especially when she was up to her knees in the ocean *tears up just thinking of it*.

LOVE that scene. I think it's been my favorite scene in the manga so far. XD Flipping to that scene in the bookstore convinced me to buy volume 4 of Full Moon instead of 23 of Kenshin, and that's a big deal. XD It's also one of the aspects that I liked better about the manga. Somehow, the fact that Mitsuki already knew about Eichi made her situation more psychological, and her reactions made her a deeper and more intriguing character.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:18 pm

Oh yes! The anime and the manga, they're different animals. I appreciated the animated version but the manga storyline just hits harder.

And now I shall reveal my real purpose for commenting, which was to note the complete dominance of Full Moon user pictures on this page. Furumun represent!
Cap'n Nick

Postby Bianca » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:48 am

Regardless of the fact that he can be sweet, there are many times where he is attacking her, but most people overlook that because "they are soooo Kawaiiii" or whatever

I just don't think someone would force someone they love into serious places they don't want to be, and more so if they are underage ><

Anime VS Manga now? oh dear ><

I liked the anime for 3 things

Art

Music

TakutoXMeroko scenes

The rest was alright, but the fillers really hurt it.
Bianca

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:56 am

Bianca wrote:I just don't think someone would force someone they love into serious places they don't want to be, and more so if they are underage ><

Uh, yeah, but that opinion makes it hard to cheer for MistukixEichii or MitsukixTakuto, either. Eiichi [spoiler]kissing a six year old against her will would, in my mind, be just as questionable as anything Takuto ever did to Mitsuki.[/spoiler] But maybe that's just me.

*still wonders what Tanemura was thinking making Mitsuki 12, since she never makes her behave like a 12 year old. . .*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:36 am

Good point, Osaka.

And now I shall reveal my real purpose for commenting, which was to note the complete dominance of Full Moon user pictures on this page. Furumun represent!

Woop woop!
Ashley

Postby Bianca » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:00 pm

I agree, I myself am against what Eichi did, but unlike Takuto, he realized what he did was wrong. Its much easier to forgive someone who knows they have been bad,VS someone who always thinks he is right.

Im sure her age was to make her more "innocent" or something, but I think she's just as bad as Takuto (actually *cough* she's my least favorite anime/manga character, and Takuto is just a pervert-idiot)

Regardless of the bad points about the series (that being Mitsuki/Takuto's relationship, which ruins them BOTH), the series is great *hugs*

And Its my favorite artwise too. I always felt like it was Tanemura's most Angelic series.
Bianca

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Somehow, the fact that Mitsuki already knew about Eichi made her situation more psychological, and her reactions made her a deeper and more intriguing character.

Not to me. To me, her already knowing made me go, "Okay, that's just freaking ridiculous," whereas in the anime where she had no clue, it was really hard-hitting for me emotionally (since it just absolutely destroyed her).

Nick wrote:the complete dominance of Full Moon user pictures on this page

Until now. :P

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:07 pm

I really enjoyed FMWS as well. Excellent series
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:21 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Not to me. To me, her already knowing made me go, "Okay, that's just freaking ridiculous," whereas in the anime where she had no clue, it was really hard-hitting for me emotionally (since it just absolutely destroyed her).

Okay, yeah, that's true, too. The thing I liked about the anime was that she bounced back pretty quickly, too, though (in about two episodes, I don't recall how long it was supposed to be in the anime's time system, haha). In the manga, it seems to take longer (even though I have yet to pick up volume 5..it's supposed to be released sometime this month), which might just be me, I dunno. XD However, in the manga, it wasn't totally rediculous. When she found out what happened to him, she was only 10 years old, living with a less-than-comforting grandmother, and probably didn't really know how to deal with her greif, other than denial. Keeping her denial in tact for so long basically caused her to forget about what had happened, so being faced with the truth of her secret, not to mention being forced into greif again, was incredibly impacting emotionally, too. Haha, in other (and less) words, the anime and manga both did a super job in my book. :thumb:

EDIT: Ooooh, but I forgot to add how amazingly sad the scene in the anime was when she [SPOILER]goes to find Eichi's grave, and then falls asleep on it..."So this is where you were..." AAH, SO SAD! XD Even though I didn't care for Eichi, that scene was SO incredible. Gah, I was sad the whole next day. XD[/SPOILER]

Until now. :P

:P You're still in the minority. :lol:

Radical Dreamer

Postby kyume-chan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:24 pm

awwwwwwww, I love this series! TakutoxMitsuki is amazingly cute. I feel so sorry for Eichi though -sniffles-! This manga made me cry once I finished it because I was so sad it was over!! I immediatly started the anime once I finished the manga series. That was also amazing as well, except I didn't like how they made Izumi seem too much like a bad guy and he really isn't you know? (at least I don't think so) That also made me cry! Ohhh, I haven't seen it in so long! I need to read the manga series again ^^

Though youths grow weary and tired
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
-Isaiah 40:30-32
kyume-chan

Postby MomoAdachi » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:16 pm

Thanks to your rave review, Ashley-chan, I checked out a copy of the first volume of this manga series from my local public library. I thought it was pretty good. Doomo arigato gozaimashita! :thumb: :thumbsup: :dance: :)
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:03 pm

MomoAdachi wrote:Thanks to your rave review, Ashley-chan, I checked out a copy of the first volume of this manga series from my local public library. I thought it was pretty good. Doomo arigato gozaimashita! :thumb: :thumbsup: :dance: :)

Bwa ha ha! We have a convert! Someone give the woman her official Hat of D00m(tm). ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:45 pm

My pleasure, Momo-chan! Now get out there and check out more of Tanemura-sensei's stuff! =)
Ashley

Postby MomoAdachi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 am

Ashley wrote:My pleasure, Momo-chan! Now get out there and check out more of Tanemura-sensei's stuff! =)

Oh, I will! I cannot wait till the "Mermaid Melody" manga comes out in English. A manga by Tanemura-sensei about mermaids and pop music...what could be better? :thumb: :)
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:29 am

Do you mean Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch? That one is by Michiko Yokote and Pink Hanamori, according to ANN. The art is similar to Tanemura's, though. :)

Radical Dreamer

Postby MomoAdachi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:24 pm

Really? Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it.
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

MomoAdachi

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:15 pm

*waves hand in threadnomancy*

I know, this topic has been dead for awhile, but I just finished off volume 6 in English last night. I squealed with delight when reading the Natural Madoka ("Nachimado") side-story, and was just wondering what everyone is thinking as the series winds down its English release.
Ashley

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews