Pretear Poll: Most Popular Leafe Knight!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Pretear Poll: Most Popular Leafe Knight!

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:31 pm

This is mostly a chick poll XP but guys are welcome to vote too!! This is sorta like the Leafe knight most eligible bachelor competition! Whose your fav? :: Sasame is getting the royal Temulin's vote :: ^_^;
USSRGirl

Postby TallasLint » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:49 pm

I think Mannen's my favorite, solely because he froze Kei's tea/coffee (in the anime, i haven't read the manga), which was hillarious :lol: But my second favorite would probably be Shin. I really just like all of the little guys, they're so adorable ^.^
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:24 pm

This is a vote solely based on the manga since I despise the anime-version designs. Besides, this thread is in the Manga Section so I feel terribly obligated to ramble and rant. :grin:

MANGA version --> Kei (Knight of Light) is my fav. knight out of the group because he's practical, serious, smart, bold and uninvolved in the love triangle (- of utmost importance, of course hahaha XD). Besides, the power of light is pretty cool and he's very nice to look at.

...which brings me to my rant. They totally ruined him in the anime! :mutter: Monsters! VANDALS! First, they changed his looks for the worse and then, to add salt to injury, they made him act differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it, folks!

Manga-wise, Kei it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:20 am

yeah at first I thought Kei was a girl...>_<

EDIT I voted for Hayate...he is so cool...

hehe right now it's a 1/4 tie!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:58 am

Mave wrote:This is a vote solely based on the manga since I despise the anime-version designs. Besides, this thread is in the Manga Section so I feel terribly obligated to ramble and rant. :grin:

MANGA version --> Kei (Knight of Light) is my fav. knight out of the group because he's practical, serious, smart, bold and uninvolved in the love triangle (- of utmost importance, of course hahaha XD). Besides, the power of light is pretty cool and he's very nice to look at.

...which brings me to my rant. They totally ruined him in the anime! :mutter: Monsters! VANDALS! First, they changed his looks for the worse and then, to add salt to injury, they made him act differently. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it, folks!

Manga-wise, Kei it is.

Oh I am so happy I found someone who feels the same way as I do! I saw the anime first and I remember thinking "Kei is kind of wierd" while I was watching it. Then I got the manga and realized how much they butchered his character. Why in the world did they feel the need to totally change his personality and his looks? They turned him into a jerky snob, who comes off as so uncaring you wonder how he could become a Leafe Knight in the first place.

Seriously if anyone has seen the anime but not the manga you MUST read the manga! You do not realize how pathetic the anime is until you read the manga. Hayate's not such a jerk, Sasame is cooler, and the plot makes a lot more sense in the manga. (Actually the plot is waaay different in the manga, and if you don't like how the anime plot that much then you should definately check out the manga.)

So in case it wasn't already obvious by not I voted for Kei since this is the manga section. If we were rating them based on the anime then it might be Sasame (I love his voice!) Or maybe Shin since he is so cute. I guess I don't have a definate favorite from the anime.

Poor Go gets no love. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:24 am

I too burn with the fangirl hatred of the anime-treatment of Kei. I haven't even seen the anime, but I have seen the designs and I wanted to puke.

Ok, well anyway, I know it's all stereotypical and stuff but I really do enjoy Hayate best. To me he's the most in-depth of the boys, and the one that undergoes the most change. But after him, Go is definately #1! Or #2, I guess. :lol:
Ashley

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:32 am

i actually..never thought of Kei as uncaring...but really serious, and very mature...

I want to like read the manga now...TToTT
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kami » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:26 am

Hayate.

[That's all I have to say >.>]
[ HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE ANGSTY PRETTY-BOY ?!?!?]
[I know I do ;D]

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:35 pm

GAAAH!! Sasame is being beat-out by that pony-tailed cutie boy, Hayate!

On a side note: I posted this in the manga section, cause I am only a fan of the Pretear manga. I've yet to see the anime, but I hear it sucks. And is very different from the manga... such as given Sasame prematurely grey hair and causing him to go to the dark side. Kei looks awful as well!!! >.<
USSRGirl

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:42 pm

>.> <.< I liked the anime version...it actually has an ending...which is sorta rare...I do want to read the manga badly though I read vol one..but that was a long time ago...^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:44 pm

Kei fangirls......

TEAR CR'S HEAD OFF IN A VIOLENT MOB!!!!!!!

Hehehe.. j/k of course. ^_^
USSRGirl

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:42 pm

I've never seen the anime. 1 because I'm a poor college student (whee XD) and 2 because Kei's design made me really sad T.T I liked him in the manga a lot... especially his outfit and staff, that rocked.

Hee hee, I voted for Go ^__^ I just love his hair and happy-go-lucky attitude! He's so cute!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:51 pm

EEP!! OxO!!! I don't want my head torn off....

If it makes you feel any better.. I don't OWN the series...my friend does!! >_> <_<
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mave » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:03 am

Pepper Kittie wrote:Hee hee, I voted for Go ^__^ I just love his hair and happy-go-lucky attitude! He's so cute!

Yeah, a vote for Go! He's cool too but I could only vote for one and I had to salvage whatever's left of Kei's dignity. XD I'm glad some of you feel the same about Kei.
Mave

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:46 pm

Go's eyebrows are too big. -__I

:: Mob of rabid Kei fangirls goes to burn down CR's friend's house ::
USSRGirl

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:31 pm

Go's eyebrows are too big. -__I

Mmmm, catapillar eyebrows! But he always seems so happy. I guess he doesn't really mind them. I've seen guys with bigger eyebrows in real life, though, so it doesn't seem so strange. Make the best of what God gave you I guess, right? ^_^
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 am

Mave wrote:Yeah, a vote for Go! He's cool too but I could only vote for one and I had to salvage whatever's left of Kei's dignity. XD I'm glad some of you feel the same about Kei.

Yup manga Kei is awesome! Anime Kei... not so much. I like Hayate's personality better in the manga too, he's not such a jerk all the time. Although if we were voting based on their voices in the anime then Sasame would win, waaah! he sounds so cool in the anime! :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Pepper Kittie wrote:Mmmm, catapillar eyebrows! But he always seems so happy. I guess he doesn't really mind them. I've seen guys with bigger eyebrows in real life, though, so it doesn't seem so strange. Make the best of what God gave you I guess, right? ^_^

^_^; I guess so...
USSRGirl

Postby JesusFreak84 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:59 pm

Shin = kawaii! ^_^ (Didn't intend to grave-dig, and this IS still on the first page of threads for this forum.)
Papist Pest :angel:

http://jesusfreak84.livejournal.com
http://www.adorem.us/forum
http://www.omegarock.com
Warning: I'm prone to the following--
:rant::comp::bang::poke::forehead:
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?" (Plagiarized from Mithradir.)
JesusFreak84

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:08 pm

Sasame all the way, as appears in the manga. I like the manga better than the anime for a couple of resaons, not that I hate the anime, I just don't like it as much.
I will also declare I found poor Kei's redesign for the manga nothing short of a crime against two-dimensional humanity. Oh, why oh why? And I thought the plot twist with Takiko in the anime was unecessary and derivative.

EDIT: 1,000 posts! Yeeha!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews