Anime and Manga Characters That are Easy to Relate to?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anime and Manga Characters That are Easy to Relate to?

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:17 pm

Wasn't really sure which forum this should go in (anime or manga), but I'm putting it in manga since it was a manga that sparked this idea from me. :)

Yesterday, I read volume 1 of Alice 19th, and I swear, Alice is probably the easiest character out of any manga or anime to which I can relate! She and I are quite similar in our personalities, and some of the things she dealt with in just the first volume I could relate to like it happened yesterday! XD

Anyways, what anime and manga characters do you relate to most easily?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:46 pm

...hmmm, I really don't know, I don't know about a lot of manga and anime. One person would be Vash because someone influenced him to do good and he struggles with his past....another would be Keichiro because he is very understanding and makes a mean cake!
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Myoti » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:06 pm

Of all people, I say Usopp. It may sound strange, but really, he's just a normal guy surrounded by abnormal, monstrously powerful people (it actually said something like that himself). He knows his limits and is indeed a coward, yet his willingness to press on shows true courage (compared to the suicidal beserker mode of everyone else on the crew... not that that's really a bad thing XD ).
Myoti

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Hee hee, can I relate to someone of the opposite gender? I think I relate the most to Sho from the Whistle manga XD He's just so dang determined that I can relate! As well as Himeno from Pretear.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sai » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:17 pm

I can sort of relate to Yukino from Kare Kano. Well at least in the first chapter. I don't remember how she acts after then so yeah..
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kisa » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:19 am

I think Himeno from Pretear, Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth, or in some ways Maron from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Ah theres really so many, but those are the ones I thought of right now, lol.
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Icarus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Ms. Readman from ROD.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Lady Macbeth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Genjyo Sanzo from Saiyuki. Though most of you have probably figured that out by now. :eyeroll:

To a certain extent I can also identify with Ni Jianyi/Ken'yuu/Ukoku Sanzo as well. He's what I "used to be" when I had the energy to be young and carefree. :forehead:
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:10 pm

I relate to anyone with Red Hair like Kenshin or Flay. :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Naruto! and Don Patch
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Denimcat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Lady Macbeth - I relate to Sanzo too.... when I'm having a really, really bad day. XD Typically, though, I relate a lot to Goku. To choose just one, simple reason among many complicated ones, I suppose it's because we just aren't taken seriously.
Denimcat

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:52 pm

I find Daisuke Niwa of DNAngel quite easy to relate to. Just a normal kid dealing with an inner, and much different, personality, altough his is a much more exaggerated version than would be anything I've experienced. But it still does give him some of the same feelings of ambivalence and self-abstrusiveness.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Cap'n Nick » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:04 pm

I've been seeing a lot of myself (or at least my younger self) in Haruhi of a certain melancholy show. Starting weird clubs, dragging everybody along for the ride, not paying a lick of attention to anyone who protested - that was third grade in a nutshell! The self-righteous tromping and thumbs-up smirk were also among my trademark gestures.
Cap'n Nick

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:54 am

There is a lot of things I can relate to in some of the characters in Fullmetal Alchemist, especially Alphonse Elric (not that I'm a walking suit of armour). Its just rather smaller details the character that corresponds with mine. It is these things that basically makes me respond so strongly to the story.

Other character I identified with the most strangely is not from an anime, and that was Antonio Salieri from Milos Foreman's Amadeus.
bigsleepj

Postby jayquam » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:52 am

Monkey J. Luffy wrote:Naruto!

Yeah, Naruto is easy to relate to.
Serious, Intense, Low-key.
jayquam

Postby Myoti » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:31 am

Naruto? How is a kid who's been shunned by everyone, can transform into a being of mass destruction, and ends up becoming totally emo and wangst-filled for trying to hunt down Sasuke easy to relate to? o_O

I'd find it easier to relate to someone like Shikamaru or even Lee before Naruto.
Myoti

Postby Miso_Chan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:14 pm

I think I can relate to Princess Sayoko from the Swan Manga, I mean she's so good at everything, and she has alot of natural talent!

i agree, its pretty hard to be ab;e to relate to Naruto, he's practically a demon!
Miso_Chan

Postby HisaishiFan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:14 pm

bigsleepj wrote:There is a lot of things I can relate to in some of the characters in Fullmetal Alchemist, especially Alphonse Elric (not that I'm a walking suit of armour). Its just rather smaller details the character that corresponds with mine. It is these things that basically makes me respond so strongly to the story.

Ditto. For me, also, Megumi in Cheeky Angel (although I've only read the first two volumes, so it if gets weird later on, I don't know about it!)
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 pm

I relate a lot to Duck from Princess Tutu. I'm a klutz, but I love dancing. XD I also have a tendancy to freak out and stammer.

I also kinda relate to Sakura from Naruto...on the outside, meek and agreeable--on the inside, a raving looney. XD
MorwenLaicoriel

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews