Tokyo Mew Mew Ala mode Question

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Tokyo Mew Mew Ala mode Question

Postby Momo-P » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:40 pm

I know I've asked a lot of manga questions in the past, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. *lol* Anywho, I'm a huge fan of Tokyo Mew Mew, and was very happy we had a review for it here.

But what about Ala Mode? I know it's not some hentai thing as many use to think when the series was first starting, but I still wonder. Is there anything in it I should know about? I own some issues of Nakayoshi, but due to my limited knowledge of Japanese, I unfortunately can't figure everything out...not to mention it's better to have the whole story instead of parts. ^^;

So anything? Anymore "girl fangirls over girl" moments like Mint and Zakuro? Especially asking about this one since the yuri fans obviously twist things to how they want it, and not how things always are.

Thankies!
Momo-P

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:38 pm

Momo-P wrote:
But what about Ala Mode? I know it's not some hentai thing as many use to think when the series was first starting, but I still wonder. Is there anything in it I should know about? I own some issues of Nakayoshi, but due to my limited knowledge of Japanese, I unfortunately can't figure everything out...not to mention it's better to have the whole story instead of parts. ^^]they[/I] want it, and not how things always are.

The first series was thought of as being hentai?! Not that I heard of... they were a couple small scenes that might be concidered as wrongish, but still never heard of that... I didn't find the Mint/Zakura thign that bad either with the whole, she just idolized her thing, although it's one of those things you can't help fans by doing...

Anyways! Getting down to a La Mode, lemme think objectional... a guy crossdressers as a disguise... innocent kisses... umm I'd think that the most objectional thing in there was that I thought when they called Berry's "parent" a dad was a typo^^ ...and then her mom came into the pic and he really did look like that @_@... Heh just foudn that sort of odd!

Ummm I'll also add that the short 2 volumes does have a bit of a dark twist with comments such as "drinking rabbit's blood" were made :/ But really not alot. "Cleaner" than the first series you can say, in comparison.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:00 am

Its pretty clean, and what tenchi mentioned is the only things I can think of... I have the series both mew mew and la la mode... I love it ^^
(who said it was hentai?! I missed that one... lol, not even close to it...)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Momo-P » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:45 pm

Ok guys, thanks for the head's up. ^^

As for the hentai thing? It was something I remember people briefly bringing up. Like people knew Tokyo Mew Mew was clean, but when Ala Mode came out, they thought it was some sick hentai version of the manga. x-x;
Momo-P

Postby Denimcat » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Uhm....

The most objectionable things I can remember are

- crossdressing
- a bra strap

That's it.
Denimcat

Postby erlic4god » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:23 pm

Never read Ala Mode, but I love Tokyo Mew Mew!!! I doubt it's hentai, seeing as Tokyopop rated it as Y 10+. Had it been hentai it would have been rated MA 18+
erlic4god

Location: Somewhere in the southern regions of Minnesota...for the time being

Postby A_KOJI_FREAK » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:58 pm

Not that I can really think of. I love Tokyo Mew Mew too... umm... no... not really... her dad loks a bit odd though... O_o...

Personaly, I didn't really like A la mode... its ending was so... ubrupt? I wonder if Mia Ikumi was desperate to end it or something...
:dance: It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Whoo! :dance:

I wish I had a nickle, I wish I had a dime! I wish a hot Yokai Lord to love me all the time!
Get along Home, Sesshy! Sesshy!
Get along home, Sesshy, Sesshy!
Get along home, Sesshy, Sesshy!
I'll Marry you someday!
:sweat: Yes... Iam a Sesshoumaru obsessionist.

:shady: Haley, untie Kouji from that pole, NOW!

:hits_self DOY!

:hug: Flying Tackle Glomp!!!!!!!!

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
A_KOJI_FREAK

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:14 pm

A_KOJI_FREAK wrote:Personaly, I didn't really like A la mode... its ending was so... ubrupt? I wonder if Mia Ikumi was desperate to end it or something...

Yeah the ending was a bit .... I think in her commentary that it hinted that she basically wanted to get it over with :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Miso_Chan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:08 am

Strawberry Bell Bell!
Miso_Chan

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews