does anyone read the Yu Yu Hakusho manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

does anyone read the Yu Yu Hakusho manga?

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:36 am

Now that I've seen the finale, I'm thinking of checking out the manga. How much does the manga differ from the anime?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Te manga is pretty good. I read it in Shonen Jump, but the artwork seems to get worse as it goes on.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby MasterDias » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:54 pm

rocklobster wrote:Now that I've seen the finale, I'm thinking of checking out the manga. How much does the manga differ from the anime?

I have not seen very much of the anime but I'm reasonably certain that it follows the manga closely, however they didn't animate most of the stories in the first several volumes(when Yusuke was a ghost) so they could get to the fighting quicker.

but the artwork seems to get worse as it goes on.

Yeah, well, Togashi isn't exactly the best when it comes to artwork.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby soul alive » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:25 pm

From what I've seen the show sticks very close to the manga.

I enjoy the manga, but it is coming out very slowly in English. They are on 9 out of 19 and 10 doesn't come out till August.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Wise Dragon » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:51 am

Yeah it follows pretty close to the series. You wont find much in the way extra things thrown in; but its still as good as the series. Except there are certain things that arent edited out like in the show.
Come see me on Myspace if you want to and if you want to add me to your buddy list send me a note saying your from CAA otherwise Ill probably just end up ignoring you.

http://www.myspace.com/neo_dragon

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)

"If you could obtain perfection then you would never get any better." (Wise Dragon)

"I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie-chan." (Jackie-chan)
Wise Dragon

Location: North Carolina (Lost in the vast empty wasteland of my mind.)

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:18 pm

This opinion is almost redundant now, but I would also say that the manga will give you essentially the same experience as the anime. Other than the edits already mentioned, it remained very close to the primary plot.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:28 pm

In cases like this, where the two are so similar, I suppose it partly depends on whether you like watching the action scenes or reading them.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:39 pm

I think the manga starts out a bit differently than the anime. The manga carries on as a spirit-detective-mystery-solving thing for a while longer before all the fighting starts.
TrigunX89

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:09 am

That's correct. The anime basically cuts out all of that to get to the arc where Hiei and Kurama are introduced (aka where the fighting starts).

MasterDias wrote:In cases like this, where the two are so similar, I suppose it partly depends on whether you like watching the action scenes or reading them.

Definitely. In this case, I much prefer the manga, because while all the talking in the middle of combat drags in the anime, I can blow through it in minutes in the manga.
uc pseudonym

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:10 am

I have enjoyed the manga more, personally.
TrigunX89

Postby Mave » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:46 am

I own the whole manga series. Like others have said and from what I've seen so far, the anime sticks pretty close to the manga and boasts the lack of stupid fillers....I think. I hope.

Shao Feng-Li wrote:The manga is pretty good. I read it in Shonen Jump, but the artwork seems to get worse as it goes on.

I wouldn't say the artwork gets worse since it's a matter of preference. I will say that the artwork changes towards the end and evolves into Level E, which I like quite a bit.
Mave

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews