Left behind Graphic Novels

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Left behind Graphic Novels

Postby Ryupower » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:28 pm

http://www.leftbehind.com/channelbooks.asp?channelID=126

I think that's pretty cool. :)

OK, I never saw this before, so I thought I might share, if this is totally old, and the whole world already knows about it, well, -Praise the LORD! ^^
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby Slater » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:53 pm

feh... honestly I don't think that the Left Behind series should be getting/have gotten as much attention as it has. The series is very over-sensationalized IMO and in the oppinions of a lot of other Christians. I read it back a couple years ago, and it is pretty good writing, but I think that it guesses quite a bit too much into what the final days are going to be like.

Also, is this the whole series put into 5 parts, or are some not done still?

Also, --------> Book Corner
Slater

Postby Yumie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:00 pm

Yeah, well, I thought the books were fine, it was just that they dragged it out sooooo long. . . eventually it just looked like they were trying to rake in all the money they could get. I don't know, that might be a bad assumption on my part. But, if they helped anyone out there, then I can't complain. Heck, my mom became a Christian after watching Jesus Christ: Super Star, so anything could happen :lol: Well, hope you enjoy them, Ryu!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby DaughterOfZion » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 pm

i read some of the graphic novels. theres three novels or was it five? for each book
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:11 pm

I remember seeing those in a supermarket like five years ago for some reason. Never read the books or the graphic novels for that matter, besides scimming in both.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:11 pm

I've read some of them. But I can't say agree with the Left Behind series theology. Most of it isn't Biblical in the least and the novels have far too many Bible verses in them to entertain as a novel. Also they aren't terribly well written. In that, the graphic novels are far more satisfying but I still think the whole Left Behind thing is overdone. We shouldn't be focusing so much on when Judgement Day arrives (only God knows) but prepare our hearts and tell others about Jesus in the mean time.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:53 pm

i wanted to get one of them for my friend for his birthday, but they stopped selling them at the family christian here

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Eriana » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:38 pm

I read them and wasn't all that interested. Not exactly what I thought I was going to read the first time I picked the book up.
A lot of it (like Warrior 4 Jesus said) doesn't even have many biblical mentionings in it, it's just it's own plotline in a huge atmosphere. At first I was happy and couldn't wait to read the books but later I found myself begging for a single chapter to end because it drug on so much. I also thought parts of it were very poorly written, it seemed like most of the time the writter was just making numerous characters gab back and forth without a meaning behind it. I don't know, it was just way to plain for my tastes.
ADOPTED BY: 1BalloonPopper, Starfire, JadeFox
ADOPTED: Animegirl1, Wild Eagle, Silvanis, JadeFox
Put this in your signature to remember to pray for Israel everyday...
Psalms 147 verse 3:
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

[/color]Fly with me dear lover of mine...[/color]
Eriana

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:21 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:We shouldn't be focusing so much on when Judgement Day arrives (only God knows) but prepare our hearts and tell others about Jesus in the mean time.
It should be noted Lahaye's a premillenialist of the dispensational variety. As to my own perspective, I simply will say no more than that I tend to agree with J.P. Holding; "If I seem disgusted by LaHaye, yes, I am. All of his works (not just the ones having to do with prophecy) represent a sort of ignorant brand of Christianity that I find has turned American Christian faith into an intellectual cesspool." To say more is, I believe, unwise.
GhostontheNet

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:34 pm

I thought the novels were so/so.Carpathia was the only really interesting character
though.Notice though in the graphic novels they glamored up the two main female
characters.In the novels Chloe is just ordinary looking.
All in all I would rather read the Last Disciple novels by Hank Hengraff(sp?)
they're more Biblical leaning.
mitsuki lover

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:20 pm

Guys, please try to keep this without quibbles. And while I'm here, thread moved.
Ashley

Postby Arnobius » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:07 pm

Ashley wrote:Guys, please try to keep this without quibbles. And while I'm here, thread moved.

Well, to keep it civil, I'll stay out then. I do wish the author had been respectful when it comes to his portrayal of some groups.
Arnobius

Postby Maledicte » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:54 pm

I have to agree with Mitsuki lover--Carpathia was, ironically, the most interesting character in the series, and was the only character who kept me awake whilst watching the films. That aside, the graphic novels aren't much of a bargain--it's the same story, only you have to pay separately for each part, and the artwork, while decent, isn't exactly something to write home about.
Maledicte

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:42 am

Have to say it: Left Behind is So Wrong it got a zero!
rocklobster

Postby Token Asian » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am

I keep seeing it in bargain bins. Picked up a few copies of the first volume for a buck each.

That's one deal I can't post on Slickdeals.net! Instant flames...

But honestly, yes, it did suck. Reading Revelation by itself was ten times more entertaining... and the Bible is supposed to be the word of God, not entertainment.

Left Behind = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Goddess fan, anime blogger, and generally insane anime club officer.

Token Asian's Anime Blog - Visit my anime blog for weekly posts on the new AMG! TV series and other anime-related things.
Token Asian

Postby Maledicte » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:49 pm

Even in bargain bins, I still wouldn't call them a bargain.
Maledicte

Postby Ryupower » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:24 pm

Yumie wrote:Yeah, well, I thought the books were fine, it was just that they dragged it out sooooo long. . . eventually it just looked like they were trying to rake in all the money they could get. I don't know, that might be a bad assumption on my part. But, if they helped anyone out there, then I can't complain. Heck, my mom became a Christian after watching Jesus Christ: Super Star, so anything could happen :lol: Well, hope you enjoy them, Ryu!

well, thx, the questin is only if my parents will let me (they're not Christian, prayers appreciated if you don't mind that is! ^^; )
My DA

(\_/)
Ryupower

Postby Ryupower » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:25 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I've read some of them. But I can't say agree with the Left Behind series theology. Most of it isn't Biblical in the least and the novels have far too many Bible verses in them to entertain as a novel. Also they aren't terribly well written. In that, the graphic novels are far more satisfying but I still think the whole Left Behind thing is overdone. We shouldn't be focusing so much on when Judgement Day arrives (only God knows) but prepare our hearts and tell others about Jesus in the mean time.

amen to that. :)
My DA

(\_/)
Ryupower

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews