Chikyu Misaki

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Chikyu Misaki

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:24 am

Hey hey, a new mang ais out and its called Chikyu Misaki.
I read this one online through scanlations and then they stopped scanlating it so I guess this is why!
Here's the info from the CMX site:
"Written and illustrated by Iwahara Yuji
Schoolgirl Makishima Misaki's life is about to get a lot more complicated in this first volume of an exciting new title! She has inherited the house that belonged to her maternal grandfather, in a small, quiet, snowy town that boasts its own local legend, the Hohopo. Moving into the house with her klutzy widower father, she soon makes new friends — including one very unusual friend: the Hohopo itself, a shape-shifting creature who looks like a small Loch Ness Monster…when he's not masquerading as the boy next door! "
Anyone else read it or sound interesting?
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:28 am

Wow, that does soung interesting!

Unfortunately, I couldn't be more unmpressed with CMX. Their binding are terrible and their translations are very awkard, IMHO. *Sigh* Oh, well, I know I'll atleast give this a look through then I see it on the shelves. Any release date reported yet?

(Hopes this title doesn't fall prey to KKJ syndrome.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby That Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 pm

It's out now...I was just looking through manga at Borders and noticed that title...It was pretty interesting from what I saw of it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 am

Yea its out and I haven't read it yet inthis version, but the scanlations were pretty interesting. I think there are 3 or 4 volumes... The art is very unique too ^^
Kisa

Postby termyt » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:24 am

I've read the first volume and I thought it was terribly cute. Almost too cute, although there seems to be something sinister brewing in the background. The potty training scene was a little awkward, but the manga was quite enjoyable over all.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Kisa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:42 am

yea there are some awkward scenes, and there is a little more going on in the background than it lets on right now, but its good ^^
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews