Anyone ever read Desert Coral or More Starlight for Your Heart?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone ever read Desert Coral or More Starlight for Your Heart?

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:02 pm

They're both good manga. But I'm getting Tsubasa 4 and Furuba...7? Maybe 6, tomorrow.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby That Dude » Mon May 09, 2005 10:58 am

I've not read these but have wanted to check out Desert Coral...What is it about?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 09, 2005 11:12 am

I've never even heard of them. maybe I'll give them a flip-through next time I go to a book/comic store.
ShiroiHikari

Postby That Dude » Mon May 09, 2005 11:19 am

Yeah I've flipped through Desert Coral but can't remember what the back of the manga said about it. I liked the artwork a lot.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Mon May 09, 2005 3:08 pm

I've found out about More Starlight for your Heart recently and now I really want to read it! The artwork for Desert Coral looked good too when I saw it at the bookstore, but I don't know what it's about.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri May 13, 2005 7:58 pm

I've never read Desert Coral, but I have the first book of More Starlight to Your Heart. From what I've heard it's going to be a short series... only three books or so. I absolutely adore what I've read so far and I'm waiting to buy the next ones. The art is simply beautiful and it has a really cute storyline, too. One of those feel-good happy mangas that's okay for anyone to read ^___^ It's definately one of my favorites.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby oro! » Sat May 14, 2005 4:34 pm

Yeah, I got More Starlight to Your Heart. I liked it, because it was so cute! You just want to go, awww, how cute!
I especially loved the cat! It was alwys gettin' into trouble.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sun May 15, 2005 12:04 am

Aieee! I love the cat! Hikoboshi is my favorite chara in the book ^____^ She's just so cute!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:23 pm

desert corals about a boy,naoto, who dreams about a land called orgos and is just an observer until he is summoned by a girl,lusia, and is thrown into a "war" between the elphis and the sand dusts. thats kind of the overview
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:06 am

I read More Sarlight to your Heart in the bookstore, but it seems too much like other mangas... does vol 2 get anything more interesting? And yes, Hikiboshi is cute! Reminds me of my little white cat ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby oro! » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Vol 2? No, not really. It does deal with some perverted little man running after the main character's friend. Then Aogi saves the day and teaches 'im a lesson. It's been a while, so I don't really remember all details. The best thing to do is skim it for yourself.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews