Looking for new manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Looking for new manga

Postby Heart of Sword » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:51 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new manga to read. Violence isn't an issue unless it comes to showing innards. Profanity isn't a huge issue as I can use white-out, but I don't want anything too horrible. Nudity depends on the context, but please no full-body shots of guys. I want no sex scenes and as few sexual situations as possible! Oh, and not too much "bad religion" or occult, okay?

As for plot, I like all kinds of manga, especially ones with bishonens, and especially ones with bishonens who have scars, especially on their faces. XD

Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions??? Here are the manga/anime I already read and enjoy:

Rurouni Kenshin
Wolf's Rain
DNAngel
Tokyo Mew Mew
Fruits Basket
Imadoki (only read a couple volumes)
Trigun

Thank you soooooooo much for your time!!!
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:53 pm

Immortal Rain. :rock:
Maledicte

Postby kazekami » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:15 pm

Full Moon wo Sagashite :angel:
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:28 pm

Dunno what you classify as "bad religion" or occult, but Magic Knight Rayearth is a very good, clean series...as implied by the name, the girls use magic (but it only works in the fantasy world they go to, doesn't work in the real world).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kaori » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:32 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Immortal Rain. :rock:

I'll second that.

Shutterbox is an excellent manga-style comic by an American couple. It has a whimsical, gothic feel and features adventure but not much in the way of actual fighting.

Basara is very well-written, although some people don't like its loose art style. Be aware, however, that the total series is thirty-some-odd volumes long (only thirteen have been released here so far).
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:14 pm

Alichino, Clover?

But maybe those are too serious and weird.. :sweat:

Did you try Naruto?
RoyalWing

Postby starfire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:22 pm

Well, Megatokyo is my favorite, but there are some references. And Largo frequently feels the need to abandon his pants. But this is really more of a traumatic event for the cast. And involves the donning of hazmat suits.

If you want squeaky clean manga, Saint Tail is the way to go. I LOVE it. It's so cute, no sex, no violence, and the main characters are Christians.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?threadid=27354
My thread. Click the magical link and ye shall be transported to a land of threadiness!

You shall still ph3ar the ninja! ^ ~

God bless and keep you all the days of your life.
starfire

Postby Lynx » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:27 pm

if you like bishies, i'd have to say juvenille orion
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:29 pm

Kare Kano but some has hinted that thier is something near the middle...I just started the series myself.

Trigun Maximum but that shows inards...kinda...in one vol. I guess it's pretty violent -_-;;;

Magic Knight Rayearth...as for the "occultic" themes. It's nothing worse then you're average RPG game.
Hitokiri

Postby Hoshika » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:17 pm

Please Save My Earth is etertaining. I particularly like the later volumes or rather the Shion arc- if you read it you'll know what I mean. ;)

Plus there is Hands Off- totally under rated manga. I recommend that one most definately.
Hoshika

Postby HisaishiFan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:11 pm

I just read the first two volumes of Alichano and found it a bit hard to follow. It is very serious and weird, to paraphrase RoyalWing. Also, the boys are a little too beautiful, I think. On the other hand, I've laughed my head off reading Full Metal Alchemist. It is a little violent, but not too bad. And not too much profanity. There's a lot in it about who/what God really is and whether God really exists.
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby HisaishiFan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:10 pm

Sorry for the double post. I should explain about Full Metal Alchemist - Actually, most of the story is quite poignant and heart wrenchingling sad. The funny bits are really funny, though. Especially the bonus material at the end of each book. Another clarificaiton about Alichano, too: it is beautiful, but it is very boring. Not much of a story there.
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:39 pm

HisaishiFan wrote:Sorry for the double post. I should explain about Full Metal Alchemist - Actually, most of the story is quite poignant and heart wrenchingling sad. The funny bits are really funny, though. Especially the bonus material at the end of each book. Another clarificaiton about Alichano, too: it is beautiful, but it is very boring. Not much of a story there.

I disagree about it being boring. I like Alichino very much. But everyone has their own opinion.

And I agree that you should try Full Metal Alchemist, but what kind are you looking for Heart of Sword?
RoyalWing

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:37 pm

+Anima
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Token Asian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:07 pm

Sakura Taisen.

Or if you're really desperate, Kingdom Hearts.
Goddess fan, anime blogger, and generally insane anime club officer.

Token Asian's Anime Blog - Visit my anime blog for weekly posts on the new AMG! TV series and other anime-related things.
Token Asian

Postby HisaishiFan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:33 pm

RoyalWing - Have you read the third Alichino? I haven't bought it because I thought the first two were so slow. Pretty art, but not much story. Does the story pick up? I read that the mangaka wrote the third one, but then the publishing company went out of business so she didn't finish the series (which wasn't terribly popular in Japan). So even though the series has ended, it isn't quite finished because the fourth installment was never written. What do you think?

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 pm

Hey HoS-chan! You should try out Azumanga Daioh! It's the cleanest, funniest, most insane Manga out there!

Seriously, I am so happy to have found this manga! It consists of four panel strips like Garfield, but it's soooooo funny! :lol: :jump:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews