Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne...finally!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne...finally!

Postby Kisa » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:47 am

Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:35 am

Yay~
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sai » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:31 am

what is it??
Sai

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:35 am

I remain skeptical. CMX has proved themselves to be a somewhat untrust worthy publisher. Rather than cry in November when there is no KKJ to be found, I shall remain cynical and be pleasantly surprised if it really happens. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:30 am

Dear CMX:

I've been very patient. I've waited for over 6 years now for this manga to be released in the United States. Then you took over a year after you got the license to even think about this. Haven't you played enough games with me? Can you please, please, please release Tanemura-sensei's work? I don't want to cry anymore.

Sincerely,
A Royally Cheesed Off and Disappointed Tanemura-lovin' Texan

Seriously, I really hope this is the real deal. ; ___ ;

EDIT: Hey! According to CMX proper, this comes out Oct 26! Woo! They've finally put some info up on their site. I am rather mad at Amazon for comparing Jeanne to Buffy. :shady:
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:38 pm

Jeanne to Buffy? *visits site and returns with a quote*

Kusajabe Maron, the heroine of this manga series, will remind Americans of television's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer": both are high school students who secretly combat supernatural evil by night.

Uh...that's the point that's going to remind us of Buffy? O.o Um...that's kinda...lame.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:44 pm

Kusajabe Maron, the heroine of this manga series, will remind Americans of television's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer": both are high school students who secretly combat supernatural evil by night.

Wow! I COMPLETELY see how KKJ is like Buffy! I mean, there's NEVER been ANY other TV shows with high school students that combat a supernatural evil! Buffy is like, the ONLY other one![/sarcasm]

The plotlines are COMPLETELY different...as are the characters...and...bleh.

That's like saying that Naruto will remind people of Cardcaptor Sakura because they both have a character named Sakura in it. :eyeroll:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:38 pm

I think they're referring to the average American, not individuals like us who are familiar with anime/manga. Still, interesting comparison, if not accurate.
Mave

Postby Kisa » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:42 am

yechy why compare it to THAT?!
Anywho.. youre right Osaka, I hope they keep their word this time
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:34 am

Hey! I think I could write analogies for ignorant Americans. Like, um, *pulls out her crayons and begins scribbling*

Amazon's future summary of Gundam series wrote: Gundam seed, as many have pointed out, bears striking resemblance to the wildly popular American children's show "Barnie and friends", in that both Barney and Gundam seed feature someone dawning an oversized suit of sorts to fight evil, bad manners, or gingivitis.

Oh yeah. I've got a gift.

*burns down Amazon* :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:15 pm

Lemme guess, this one will cost us $9.99 as opposed to Fullmoon Wo Sagashite with cost $8.99 from Viz? (Hey, I know it's a dollar, but that's one more dollar in my pocket. XD)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Lemme guess, this one will cost us $9.99 as opposed to Fullmoon Wo Sagashite with cost $8.99 from Viz? (Hey, I know it's a dollar, but that's one more dollar in my pocket. XD)

That would be CORRECT!!

May all manga publishers learn from shining 8.99 examples of a certain exemplary publisher. *Nod nod*

Sadly, even if this were 9.00 I would still be disappoined with it if it's like other CMX publications. My copy of Land of the Blindfolded was so stiff spined that you practically had to saw it open. Plus, I know this isn't a big deal, but it irks me when bold print is over used. I mean you don't have to say: "Oh, Shinja-kun is SO SUPER HOT" and bold print it before I'll understand. Just say it. Normally. I'll take your word for it, I promise.

(Viz does this too actually. *shakes head*)

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:02 am

bold print...*rolls eyes* they must think were too stupid to get it since were only manga readers... lol
Kisa

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:23 am

My copy of Land of the Blindfolded was so stiff spined that you practically had to saw it open.

A copy of Juvenile Orion I read was like that.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:06 pm

YAY! KKJ in English! That absolutely rocks! Looking forward to it with reservation.
Oh, and Osaka...
LOLOLOLOL!!!!
That is all.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews