Rurouni Kenshin Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Rurouni Kenshin Manga

Postby JezusBoy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Can anyone tell me when the Manga splits off from the Anime? It would mean alot. And also are the samurai x movies good?
JezusBoy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:45 pm

The manga splits from the anime after volume 17 for the manga and episode 61 for the anime. there are also a few filler episodes in the first season that aren't in the manga.

Yes Samurai X is VERY good! Reflections wasn't written by Nobuhiro Watsuki. but Trust and Betrayle are AWESOME OVAS! As is the movie!

Does that help?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:35 pm

Yeah, CR is right...It mainly splits after vol. 17 in the mangas. But there are a lot of differences sprinkled throughout. After the first story in Vol. 5, the anime shows a LOT of filler eps, and the Raijuuta story in the anime is very different from the manga (the manga for that part is much better, in my opinion). The similarities between the anime and manga in the Kyoto arc are unreal, though! XD It's almost exactly the same, except for the fight with Sano and Anji...Garr (I liked the manga version of that so much better, since it didn't glorify Bhudda in the end like the anime kind of did). Anyways, I suggest reading the manga and watching the anime, though..They both have thier strong points! n.n Enjoy!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:31 pm

The first manga also comes complete with the original story that takes place some
time before Kenshin met Kaoru.
mitsuki lover

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:14 pm

The anime certainly has more Buddhist stuff in it. The manga says, if anything, that Buddha is a dead man without any power, which is true. The anime glorifies him more. Still not that much, but more nonetheless.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby oro! » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:20 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The first manga also comes complete with the original story that takes place some
time before Kenshin met Kaoru.

Oh! I loved that little side story. The artwork is different, and you see a different time he saved someone.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:26 pm

I love Kenshin's hair in that little story. <3. Then he ignorantly wares the ribbon. XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby JezusBoy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:46 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:The manga splits from the anime after volume 17 for the manga and episode 61 for the anime. there are also a few filler episodes in the first season that aren't in the manga.

Yes Samurai X is VERY good! Reflections wasn't written by Nobuhiro Watsuki. but Trust and Betrayle are AWESOME OVAS! As is the movie!

Does that help?

Oh yes it helps alot. Thank you soooooo much. One more question though Im fairly new in the series(vol. 12 + used to watch it on TV all the time) Are their any of the movies I can watch now? I tried to go to the reviews but it scares me now because it told me about a certain couple. It kinda spoiled it for me(a little). Thanx again. :thumb:

-JezusBoy<><
JezusBoy

Postby Ashley » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:27 am

Rather than make a new thread about this, I....I have a confession to make.

For several years, I was a staunch Anti-Kenshin fan. I hated that show, and disliked a great many of its fans. >.>;;

However, due to a certain cat-like moderator *cough Ink cough* and a certain comic-lovin' member *cough Kkun cough* who let me borrow their stuff....I'm actually sort of liking it. I like Kenshin a lot more than I thought I would, and Sanosuke a lot less than I thought I did. So yeah, there. It's off my chest.
Ashley

Postby Mave » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:55 am

Just to echo CRonin, I believe the TV series stops at Volume 17. I'm not too sure about the OVAs, which are supposed to cover the rest of the manga but I've heard some stuff in the OVAs are not consistent with the manga.

OT: I was a fan of RK way before it became popular in the U.S. so I'm pretty immune to any withdrawal symptons of the Anti - Rabid Mega Kenshinism over here. :lol:
Mave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:51 am

Ashley... *is shocked* XD
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews