Info. on these titles

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Info. on these titles

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue May 24, 2005 1:27 pm

What does eveyone have to say on the following titles:
Immortal Rain
Tactics (I know XD)
Saint Marie
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kami » Tue May 24, 2005 4:36 pm

Oh I can help you with the first two:

Immortal Rain is about a girl who goes searching for this guy called Methusela [I don't think I spelled it right, >.>; ] and trys to ' Kill ' him. Well he's Immortal, so -- What to do ? :o I really like this series, my friend got it and I've read up to volume 5. It doesn't really have anything bad in this other than a decapitation in one of the volumes. But, other than that, it's pretty clean.

Tactics is about a boy who can talk to spirits and such and is trying to find the demon-eating goblin, so he can 'name' him and he will be his. In this if you name a Goblin, or creature they are yours. I own this series and it is so hilarious ! Tactics so far is pretty clean too, other than a few curse words and some religious obscurity.

The last one I personally don't know about ^^; Sorry !

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby Debitt » Tue May 24, 2005 7:23 pm

This thread just has biiiiig neon signs that say "KOKORO BAIT"

Anyways - snowangel kami has Tactics about right. It's very clean, with very little cursing and nudity, etc. The one problem that you may have with it is that most of the characters in the plot are based off of traditional Japanese youkai/oni and since Kantarou studies Japanese foklore, he references Shintoism and Buhddism quite a few times and admits to having built a small shrine to Haruka when he was a child. In the ADV translation, they call Haruka "demon-eating goblin." This is a somewhat shaky translation, since "demon" is translated from "oni" and would be considered more of a troll-like creature or a spirit. Much in the same way "goblin" is translated from tengu (Haruka is specifically a karasu tengu). Neither "demon" nor "goblin" carries any of the same meaning it does here in the West.

a few spoiler-esque points to cover:
[spoiler=volume 2]In volume 2 Kantarou is working as an interpreter in a Catholic church and seemingly gets beaten up by a reverend there. Sugino makes a couple remarks like "what kind of religion is this!?" but they stem from the fact that 1) the reverend is actually a corrupt priest in the church and a Satanist and 2) Sugino really doesn't know much about Christianity to begin with, so I think his judgements are based on the circumstances and are no way a jab at Christianity.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=volume 3]In volume 3 Haruka and Kantarou are in a village assissting a diviner and her daughters with a special good-luck ceremony. The diviner's daughters both develop affections for Haruka and Kantarou. One of the girls tries to kiss Kantarou, and the other sort of slides her kimono down on her shoulders a bit in front of Haruka and tells him she likes him (nothing is shown but her shoulders). This scene is short lived and both Haruka and Kantarou basically go "whoa, I'm too old for you!" and that's the end of that.[/spoiler]

:lol: I'd go over books 4-6, too, but who knows how long it'll be until those are out in the US, so I'll wait.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby aule1701 » Wed May 25, 2005 3:49 pm

you should read IR it is great i got hooked on it a while ago the story was great i wish all manga had the kinda story that IR had the characters had dark secrets and its had great drawing i highly recommend
A person is smart people are dumb
"Perception is reality and reality is perception"- me
He who is easly amused is amused more often
He who laughs last was just to dumb to get the joke
aule1701

Postby Yeito » Wed May 25, 2005 4:50 pm

I love Immortal Rain as well! It is great. The only other thing you might find wrong with it. In book 1: Strong language. In book 2: a shot of machika in the bath (kinda full view <.<; ) Book 3: Weird twisted religious talk. Book 4: Lots of blood. Book 5: ..... nothin i can think of. <.<;

But it really really really is a good series.

Tactics is good too (though I've only read the first book <.<; ) I dont really know much about Saint Marie though. Sorry. -_-;
Yeito

Postby Alice » Wed May 25, 2005 5:32 pm

Anyone have information about:

"Imadoki" by Yu Watase

or

"Red River" by Shinohara Chie?

Red River is rated OT, is there a good reason for this? I thought it looked kinda interesting.

Just wondering about content questions! thanks
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews