Which is better Naruto vol 1(sp?) or Rurouni Kenshin Vol 1

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Which is better Naruto vol 1(sp?) or Rurouni Kenshin Vol 1

Postby pyro_moogle » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:36 pm

please ignore all spelling mistakes in this thread. i hate spelling anywho which is better. The pole is supposed to read Which vol is better?
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:14 pm

RUROUNI KENSHIN!! ^_^ I tried Naruto.. it was too odd for my tastes.. i mean the main character is a demon...O.o No offence to Naruto fans.. but i just found it to be... kinda boring as well..

Now, Kenshin.. WOOT! I love that Manga!! It is my favorite.. i mean its got everything that i love! Action, Comedy, Romance, Drama,

I mean Naruto is OK! But Kenshin's legacy is longer and in my op.. better..

(Again.. no offence to Naruto fans.. I thought it was ok.. but Kenshin is my favorite.. and these are merely MY OPINIONS!! I am sure there are those of you who think Naruto is better.. and that Is OK!! ^_^)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby TrigunX89 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:22 pm

I'm more of a Naruto fan myself, but both series' are good. If you can, get both.
TrigunX89

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:42 pm

Well, let me tell you-- volume one of Rurouni Kenshin BORED ME SOCKS OFF!!! I read it 'cause my little sister wanted to read the series. This near bored to death experience made we wary of Kenshin.

I did, eventually and with much counseling, overcome my Kenshin fears, but that's all just to say that Kenshin volume one isn't that exciting. It gets better, but it's a painful process, IMHO.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:45 pm

Neither. Death Note.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Locke » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:47 pm

Both. Love letter.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:07 am

Impact Alberto wrote:Neither. Death Note.

One of them. Until Death Note it release-- in probably half a year. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Sai » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:15 am

I think I liked Naruto vol. 1 better than Kenshin vol. 1
Sai

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:44 pm

Naruto.

Too me just about everything thats done in Ruroni Kenshin is done better in Naruto.

I think the entire Rocky vide that goes into Naruto really makes you feel for the character...

In fact if I hadn't read Naruto I would have still been a huge depersio it is also the only manga/anime/any media or story for that matter that made me cry..I mean...CRY!! same with my freind.

in conculsion I think R. Kenshin is an ok series and its a nice filler while your waiting for the next Naruto.
Solid Ronin

Postby pyro_moogle » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:30 pm

thanks i will save my money to buy it. They are only 7 so that is good but i spent all my money on new halo maps.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Kkun » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

Just wait...you'll see...you'll all see...when the Revenge arc is released...

For what it's worth, I'd go with Kenshin. I mean, Naruto is good, but I enjoyed Kenshin more. I can't get into a show too much where I find the main character annoying, and well, I find Naruto (the character) annoying. Ah well, like I said, for whatever that's worth, I enjoyed Kenshin more.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby kaji » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:50 am

My vote was for Naruto.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Sai » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:50 pm

What so you mean there are only seven?
Sai

Postby oro! » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:41 pm

Okay, what is it with you two Ruroken fans repeating yourselves? There is no need to defend Kenshin-fandom that way! It's as if you are stating some controversial religious belief.
I liked that the first manga had lots of action and introdeed all the first characters. It is supremely funny as well.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby pyro_moogle » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:31 pm

They are only $7 dollars. I forgot to put the dollar sign. Halo maps.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun May 01, 2005 2:43 pm

oro!girl7 wrote:Okay, what is it with you two Ruroken fans repeating yourselves? There is no need to defend Kenshin-fandom that way! It's as if you are stating some controversial religious belief.
I liked that the first manga had lots of action and introdeed all the first characters. It is supremely funny as well.

ORO?! I wasn't trying to start a new religion or nothing.. I just didn't wanna hurt the naruto fan's feelings.. LOL ^-^;; I was trying to explain myself...

what did you mean Oro!girl7?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mave » Mon May 02, 2005 4:13 pm

...........this is like voting: Which is better, Chocolate or vanilla?

My preference: I vote RK coz I loved how he looks friendly, harmless and all, and before you know it, he's kicking some serious behinds, some who really asked for it. \m/

EDIT: Ack...just realized the poll is closed. (-__-)\
Mave

Postby oro! » Thu May 05, 2005 3:09 pm

[quote="ChristianRonin"]ORO?! I wasn't trying to start a new religion or nothing.. I just didn't wanna hurt the naruto fan's feelings.. LOL ^-^]

Soooorrrry, what i meant was someone shouldn't get offensed by something as silly as a manga preference, so ya don't have to keep on saying "it's just my opinion" IMHO!!! :lol:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews