Need help finding a good manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Need help finding a good manga

Postby cross_slayer16 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:21 pm

I need help finding a good manga with no nudity and a good plot . I have kenshin vol.1-13 and it so far thats good but I need to find another so i need some help
i got the gooderist grade in english :dance: :hits_self

^_^x <---- Kenshin shall rule the world! To help him, copy & paste this in your signature ----> ^_^x
\_/)
(O.o)
(> <),---this bunney will NEVER rule...the batosai shall!!!

Antibunny
(> <)
(o.O)
(/ \)
cross_slayer16

Postby Jasdero » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:40 pm

Hmm.. have you ever tried Bleach?

http://store.viz.com/browse/BLEACH/BOOKS/s.mgbXRucJ
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Puguni » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:41 pm

Errr, according to your taste in manga, I'd suggest Naruto, but I'm not sure what teh nude factor is...I mean, once in a while Naruto would create the illusion of naked girls, but they're covered with clouds and stuff. But lot's of action.

Others:
Azumanga Daioh (Not really a plot factor...)
Fruits Basket
Prince of Tennis
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:39 pm

Check out Death Note. It's very good, great plot & characters, and thus far no nudity. Though, if you like action, you won't find any here.
It's not been released in the US yet, so you'll either have to find it for yourself on Google, or PM me.
Joshua Christopher

Postby CDLviking » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:42 pm

It's a little harder to find, but I don't remember there being any nudity in Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch. I haven't read any of the other Lodoss books, so I can't vouch for them. I do know that there is nudity in Lady of Pharis.
CDLviking

Postby Debitt » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:48 pm

I'd definitely reccomend:
- DNAngel (no nudity, but more of a shoujo manga)
- Tactics (no nudity, but a bit of eastern religion)
- Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (1 panel where a character is nude but nothing is shown)
- Shaman King (no nudity thus far, some eastern religion, PM me for more about this one)
- Naruto (first few chapters have "covered nudity")

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby pyro_moogle » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:52 pm

I was also looking for a good action manga. I have read rave master and liked it. Kenshin is rated OT so I don't think the parentals will like that. So if you could help that would be awesome. the other guidelines are as follows: no nudity, no sex, a few curse words are ok but I don't want Barrett(final fantasy 7) style on me, minimal skimpy clothing, and voilence is ok but not Gladiator style ok if you could help that would be great.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:10 pm

How about Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle? That's a nice little Clamp manga.

It should be noted that I haven't read the fourth volume yet, but I find it unlikely that the manga would be void of nudity until the last volume and they the creators would just go on a naked lady drawing spree. Highly unlikely, IMHO.

And Pyro, you just about perfectly described Rurouni Kenshin. (There is a bit of language and violence, but that's about all you have to worry about.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby chibi_chan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:22 pm

I would also reccomend Shaman King. There are bath scenes but nothing is shown. Whatever you do dont watch the crappy dub of the 4kids version it will make you want to poke your eyes out =_= Fruits Basket and Land of the Blindfolded or other good ones but are more shoujoey. Tactics and Matentei Loki Ragnarok are other good ones that are a bit more shounen. If you like Rourouni Kenshin then I would reccomend Peacemaker Kurogane, has voilence and a bit of nudity but it's mostly covered up so nothing extreme.
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby cross_slayer16 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:02 am

thanks you guys help a lot I think I will try a few :grin: but witch one :stressed:
cross_slayer16

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews