Anyone here like Kodocha?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone here like Kodocha?

Postby AyanamiRei » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:24 pm

Yeah, yeah I know it's made more for the female gender, but you have just GOT to LOVE Sana's charecter! She's so perky and cute! An Akido is hilarous with how he's serious so much. Sort of like combining Duo and Heero from GW. I would HIGHLY recomend this manga for BOTH genders, because even though it's a romance novel, there's plenty of comedy and other goodies to go around. Not to mention that the male main charecter gets a total reform from the leader of a band of punk kids, to being a mostly good student, albeit mischevious. PLEASE, PLEASE check this manga out, you won't regret it!
AyanamiRei

Postby Angelchick » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:45 pm

i'll check it out do you know any stores that sell it?
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby AyanamiRei » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:46 pm

Angelchick wrote:i'll check it out do you know any stores that sell it?

Waldens Bookstore sells it, and probably amazon.com, e-bay maybeh. Just do a search for it. It's fairly popular.
AyanamiRei

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:41 am

Kodacha's great! You can find it at Waldenbooks, Borders, Suncoast or an anime or comic book store. Also, Waldenbooks will order them for you for no extra charge.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby The Silence » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:38 pm

I looooove Kodacha...
It's kinda scary how much my brother resembled the main guy character in it as a child tho... - -;
"Accoustic Guitar, I'm gonna make you a star,
Get your picture all over the world.
Accoustic Guitar, you can have your own car,
Just bring me back my girl..."

--Magnetic Fields

The Silence

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:31 pm

waldenbooks, suncoast, hastings, barnes and nobles, comic book stores (a comic book store without a Tokyopop display is nary worth being called a comic book store at all!) half.com, ebay, and of course directly from tokyopop... from hastings, though, it's a dollar cheaper and no shipping...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:14 pm

"Kodocha" is like "pokemon" it's the official shortening of "Kodomo no Omocha" and in the US we just stuck with the abbreviation... Sana's stage? I have no idea why they have that as the subtitle... It might be to have some other refference to go by when buying it ("Oh, sana! Yeah, I know that name from my fansubs. Kodocha must be short for Kodomo no Omocha!")

I only wish Tokyopop had explained some of the cultural stuff like the anime fansubs did... (Oyakodon Baka? What's that supposed to mean?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:12 pm

Yes, Kodocha is the manga which is the story about a girl, Sana, who stars in a TV show called, "Kodomo no Omocha." The anime in Japan and the manga are called, Kodomo no Omocha, I'm pretty sure. I know for a fact the anime is.

Sana is one of the best anime/manga characters around. Kodocha is sweet and funny and has a great story. The characters just get better and better. My daughter has up to Vol. 9 of the manga released by Tokyopop. Volume 2 is titled Sana's Stage, which is probably the volume you found at the store, Jojo.

It is shojo, but I think anyone would like it. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves a good manga to read. It's up there with some of the best. :thumb:

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby DK_Sol » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:25 pm

Kodomo no Omocha is aswesome!!! I love it. I like Akito alot!!! his cool!!! I think his Heero's son. ^^ They are so much a like...is kind of scary now that I think about it. :sweat: Well I like the anime better... Sana sings the most hilarious songs. And there is a little bat looking cat, I forgot the name sorry ^^;. Is very funny!! What I love the most is the theme song for the first season lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night, like a black veil descends now embracing the world around me.
I sleep, yet do not...
your presence is near.
You invade my every dream...
even when I am awake.

DK_Sol

Postby Twilly Spree » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:32 pm

I LOVE Kodocha! Aww man so very good.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:41 pm

Since this seems to have disappeared, I figure I should revive it... It's really a great story.

Ya'll (y'all) should check it out, y'know?

By the way, "Babbito" isn't in the manga... Also, the Brittish guy (who is the teacher in the TV show in Kodocha) plays a much smaller part. At least, I think... I've only read the first couple (it was still coming out when I had access to it.)
Bobtheduck

Postby christianfriend » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:58 pm

KODOCHA RULES!!! I havent read the whole series..but i want to!! Its sooo funny! I love the way Akito acts! And Sana is sooo funny!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:23 pm

It's really only a matter of time before Cap'n pops in here. . .

On topic, I read the first volume of Kodoncha, and I was frightened by the freaky (a.k.a. UBER mean) boys at her school. But since everyone else likes it-- I might just have to give it another try.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Dark_angel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:29 pm

I love Kodocha! I own the entire series and the anime. I got alot of my friends into it too. One of my friends loved it so much that she literally pasted her room with posters of Akito....-_- she's in love with him....but anyways..KODOCHA RULES~! ^___^
[indent]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding -provers 9:10

[/indent](Sorting things out, but will be back later.) :angel:
Dark_angel

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:43 am

You bet your sweet monkeys it's only a matter of time before I pop in here! I was first exposed to Kodocha in the year 1999 and it's still my all time favorite. It's also a big reason why I'm so into anime now. I liked anime before but Kodocha showed me the true range and power of the medium and got me hooked.

The anime has this way of being deathly serious and riotously funny at the same time, all without coming off as insensitive. It's something I hope to duplicate in my own work some day.

I really like the manga, too, but I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much had I not seen the show first. It's just not possible to cram that level of energy into a stationary page. But, the author notes are all worth it. Miho Obana leads a full and interesting life and from this life she crafts full and interesting stories. Just about every character has some basis in someone she has known or been, giving the story an emotional veracity that is very difficult to match.

And, before I die, I must bet her at pool...
Cap'n Nick

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:45 pm

I have a special place in my heart for Kodocha :) This was the first manga I got into, but instead of reading the actual scanlations of it I just read the translations of it (this was a few summers back before it was licensed). I have never actually read the manga of it, but since I read all of the translations of it I feel like I don't need to so much. The website that had the translations of it is not up anymore however. I would recommend this to most everyone; the only thing that disappointed me was some of her actions at the end, but I still love it.
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews