.Hack: Legend of the Twilight

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby MillyFan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:24 pm

I want to see. I've only seen the first 4 episodes of Sign on DVD so far though, so I'm hopelessly behind. ^^

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Kite » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:46 pm

I jumped in about half way thourgh so don't feel bad.
Kite

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:33 am

Same here, started watching it about halfway through. I still llike it though!;)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:12 am

I got the first two DVDs of .Hack//sign for Christmas, and have watched eight of the ten episodes. After watching random episodes throughout, it all makes so much more sense now! I'm hooked!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby sunet » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:27 pm

I read the 1st manga & liked it!! :jump:
sunet

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:55 pm

Vol.1 was very good, but vol.2 was a tad questionable during the first 2 pages. (I ripped them out so my mom wouldn't kill me)
Ichigo_89

Postby Splintered » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:54 pm

I read volume 1 and 2. I liked it, but the slight hints of twincest gets annoying. .Hack has quite the fascination with unconventional couples. I'm not too into the anime, maybe because it's bad dubbing- or it doesn't really follow the manga all too well.

But still a good series.

It is by faith I have been saved...
Splintered

Postby Kisa » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:50 pm

Yea I wont buy the anime or anything, but I really like the manga! ^^ but the bro sis thing is weird . . .
Kisa

Postby blue whisper » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:52 am

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:There isn't one that is released now, but I'm pretty sure that one will come out sometime. If not, that would be a miserable ending to a short series.

.hack//lottb manga 3 WILL be in stores (at least Barnes and Noble) in November 2004 (yay!). Here is a link: (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=6Y430X4Axi&isbn=1595323694&itm=3).

.hack/lottb does come on CN every Fri. at 1:00am est. It started the first episode on the 10th. personally, I like .hack//sign better, but .hack//lottb is still awesome. (^-^)

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:29 pm

So, about the twincest thing. Is it obvious? (because that would be seriously gross)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Fireproof » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:33 pm

Maybe I'm just naive, but I didn't pick up on it at all in the first volume. I think it's more that shugo sees his sister's avatar in some suggestive outfits, but he jsut sees the avatar, not his sister. In fact, he scolded her onece for her avatar's skimpy outfit.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Kisa » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:29 am

I didnt find it obvious until people started mentioning it . . . in the anime I think its more obvious though.
In the manga however, Shugo and Rena seem just like bro and sis, Shugo wants to protect her, etc . . . in the anime I got the feeling Shugo liked her . . .
Kisa

Postby Riku777 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:52 pm

ooh ooh i love .hack! i'mn waiting for my friend to get the 3rd one so i can read it.!!! number 2 is super kool
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:53 pm

When is the third one supposed to be out? I'm getting antsy... :sweat:
Spiritsword

Postby righteous_slave » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:15 pm

I just got #2 this week. I like the way the story is building. It is a bit slow, but you can just tell that everything is about to really hit the fan at the end of 2. All the issues coming out about in The World about VR worlds, their possible affects on players, random AI, and how corporations who only care about thier profits handle such occurances are really cool.

For the characters, I like the way Shugo is raising to his calling as a hero. Ouka is pretty cool too, but she does really need some more clothes on.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Jman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 pm

I got the first one and started reading it and I reall liked it, so I plan on buying the video games if possible.

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Kenshin17 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:31 am

Have all three love them. They are way better then the anime.
[SPOILER] Mistral is Mirelles mom![/SPOILER]

They don't even touch this in the anime.

Go with the manga much better.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Kireihana » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:48 am

I finally bought the manga. It was really good (and that art! *.*) But I felt like it just kinda ended... and I still didn't know what the "mystery" of The World was.

Mangafanatic wrote:So, about the twincest thing. Is it obvious? (because that would be seriously gross)

Wow, I didn't pick up any of that from the manga. To me it just seemed like Shugo was just a loving brother who was very protective of his sister. He just wanted her to be able to depend on him. He drooled enough over the other girls but never over Rena. I haven't seen the anime though so I don't know how it is different.
Kireihana

Postby Jman » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:47 pm

Is the game any good?

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:38 pm

The games are great. I have beat v1 - v3 and am currently working on volume 4.
Its on hold for finals week though.
Playing the games con really enhance the manga and anime experiance.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Kkun » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:12 am

Kenshin17 wrote:The games are great. I have beat v1 - v3 and am currently working on volume 4.
Its on hold for finals week though.
Playing the games con really enhance the manga and anime experiance.

Only the story of the games can enhance the manga/anime experience, IMO. I think they should have ditched the game idea and just turned .hack//infection,mutation,outbreak, and quarantine into another .hack series, albeit more action packed.

The games were just utter tripe. I enjoyed them at first, but then, after I had made my way to the bottom of a dungeon for the 98659876593875638598th time (because, you know, EVERYTHING important in life happens at the very bottom of a dungeon and in the very last room, right, key bosses don't come after you, because they know that if they wait there at the very bottom in the last room, you'll get there eventually), I decided I was almost through with it. When Quarantine asked me to collect 10 super rare virus cores and I was only three hours into the game, I couldn't handle any more. The story was awesome, but it wasn't worth the severe tedium of chopping up 700 Mu Guardians/Data Draining one's self to death just to attain a single virus core.

Uh, sorry for ranting. I just grew REALLY frustrated with the .hack games. They had such potential that was untapped.

As for Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, I enjoyed it very much. It was different from the somber nature of SIGN. I thought it was very well done.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews