Wolf's Rain Manga coming!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Wolf's Rain Manga coming!

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:03 am

You WR fans looking forward to it? I know I am. It's gonna be sweet. U can read the article here
Ichigo_89

Postby Kireihana » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 pm

Yeah, I heard about it! The first volume is coming out this month! I hope it's as good as the anime. ^^
Kireihana

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:23 pm

I hope it's good. I've had to hold off on seeing the anime, 'cause it's a bit too violent for da kiddies in the house and they always come in exactly when they shouldn't. So-- let's us hope the manga is awesome (does anyone know how many volumes there are? I'm probably reading the artible wrong, but it looked like there were only two volumes in the series. . .)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby oro! » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:43 pm

It looks interesting. I might just check it out. I may, though, due to limited cash, try to read it at the store only, until say Christmas. I'm really tryin' to start reading more than RuroKen, so this is on my list.
Are there any bad things in the anime you might think'll be in there?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:48 pm

oro!girl7 wrote: Are there any bad things in the anime you might think'll be in there?

Since manga are usually worse... violence would definately be on the list, as well as possibly nudity (with the one girl with the long blonde hair.... haven't watched enough of the show to really know who she really was^^)
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby blue whisper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:40 pm

Mangafanatic, the article said there would be two mangas (but that did sound a little too short to me also).

I have not seen Wolf's Rain, because 1.) I do not know when it comes on and 2.) I do not have enough time, but I am anxious for the manga to come out. :D

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:54 am

EEEEEEEE!! I can't wait! But it will probably be more violent and such than the anime..... I mean it has wolves, what do you expect, lol. I still like it tho ><
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:53 am

Two volumes. Dang, I HATE SHORT SERIES!!! I don't have time to get to know all the characters. *sob* Let's hope there are more volumes on the way. (And who the heck is gonna buy a box set for two volumes!?)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:50 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Two volumes. Dang, I HATE SHORT SERIES!!! I don't have time to get to know all the characters. *sob* Let's hope there are more volumes on the way. (And who the heck is gonna buy a box set for two volumes!?)

mm, Maybe the volumes are big fat suckers like Trigun! ^_^ (heres hoping anyways..)
Ichigo_89

Postby Heart of Sword » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:37 am

Since manga are usually worse... violence would definately be on the list, as well as possibly nudity (with the one girl with the long blonde hair.... haven't watched enough of the show to really know who she really was^^)

Uhm well for one thing, her hair's green...and another, nothing is ever shown because her freakily-long hair covers everything like a...like a...big taco wrap. :lol:

The violence doesn't bother me...because it's drawn.

Toboe's so cute. I love that wolf! XD
[SPOILER]
In the first episode with him in it, that was so cute when the crows pecked him and he yelped and wailed and whined and ran off. Then when he accidentally killed Lira's bird, thinking that it had escaped from her...:waah!: I felt so bad for him... :sniffle:
[/SPOILER]
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Ah! One more day!!!

Postby GreyRauken » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:34 pm

I cant wait! The anime rocked! I have #'s 1 & 2 already...

(#4 comes out December 14th!!!)
GreyRauken

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:10 pm

Wait a minute! You have 1&2? Of the manga?! When did it come out?

Mangafanatic

Postby GreyRauken » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:39 pm

Nonono...The Dvd's (Sorry, should have clarified...)

The Road to Rauken is Dangerous...
GreyRauken

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews