Musical People that should be shot.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Musical People that should be shot.

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:40 pm

Here is a list of musical people that should be shot. The list stars out with Avril Laviegn, or However her last name is spelt. She claims to be in the punk category, or at least, that's what the pop culture tells her to label herslef as. She has no musical abilities, if you have heard her in concert, you know what I mean. Her band is actually worse than her, suprisingly. But she's not the worst of them all. No, we didn't get off that easily. There are more people worse than her that pollute the airways. These bands are, of course, the new genre spearheaded by Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, known as "Polite Punk". "Polite Punk" completely goes against everything punk had intended when it was first started. To be impolite and rude and not care about anything anyone has to say. Therefore, by defintion, "Polite Punk", can simply not exist, and therefore is sent to the category of pop. Pop is the worst form of music, if it can be called music, that exists. Which leads me to the next person that should never have had a music career: Boy bands and Girly Girl pop, like Nsync and backstreet boys and britteney spears and other horrible icons of our consumerist society that should never have been allowed to speak because of the horrid and wrecthed things that come out of thier mouths know as "singing", or as I call it, for all pop people, Lip Syncing.

That's my rant. Let me know how you feel about my opinions, and if you disagree with this, you are a ten-year old girl or a complete moron.
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Chazz » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:07 pm

true dat.
well said.
Chazz

Postby panegryst » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:17 pm

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote: "Polite Punk" completely goes against everything punk had intended when it was first started. To be impolite and rude and not care about anything anyone has to say.

Um, I thought punk was a musical style, not a statement. And who cares what 'punk had originally intended'? Musical genres naturally fuse, change and fall out of style. Simply changing a genre does not constitute some sort of musical travesty.

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:if you disagree with this, you are a ten-year old girl or a complete moron.
I get to pick? sweet! Then... I am a ten-year old girl! OK! Here I come, sixth grade!

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:Boy bands and Girly Girl pop, like Nsync and backstreet boys and britteney spears ... should never have been allowed to speak because of the horrid and wrecthed things that come out of thier mouths know as "singing"

Oh, look, something I agree with!

p.s. expect more ebullience from now on - I'm a 10-year old girl, and that means I've gotta be ebullient! kay!
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:55 pm

As much as I detest boy bands and pop singers, I don't agree that anyone who likes them are morons or ten-year-olds. For instance, I don't have anything against 'polite punk'. I like punk *music*, and if it's polite then hey, I count that as a plus. Same argument can be made for rock--and many rock purists bash Christian rock because it's 'blashphemy' for rock seing that it's used for worshipping God and 'promoting' Him and not just pure, raw, ranting or whatever. I'm not 10 years old and I don't think I'm a moron... duh~~... what was I saying? I'm so confoosed...

I heard Avril before and I think she has a decent voice and not too shabby songs. At least even the boy bands and pop singers sing better than me XD XD If I don't like them, I don't buy their CDs.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:56 pm

Keep it civil.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lynx » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:14 pm

hmmm... well i wouldn't go so far as to say that they should be shot, but i have this thing against female singers. there are very few female singers that i actually like. i really can't stand their high-pitched voices... purely personal preference... and you all probably think i'm weird now for thinking that;)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:26 pm

I don't like female vocalists much either. I usually prefer a male voice. I dunno why. o_O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Lynx » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:48 pm

i'm glad i'm not the only one! :)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:17 pm

Just because you don't like someone or how they sound....don't start bashing there talent. I happen to like Avril Lavigne. I have also seen upwards of 6 or 7 different live shows with her.....but everyone is entitled to there own opinions....not there own facts.
Stephen

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:24 pm

Polite Punk (Another way of Saying) PRETENDERS
You are who you are. Don't try to fit into some fasion such as Goth, Puck, prep, etc...

Just be yourself. Walking up and down the street with all black and 40+ peircings on your left ear alone + helping old women across the street just doesn't mix. It's pretending to be someone who you aren't.

Avril's music is fine. Nice rythm and melody. (Her vioce scares my nieghborhood cats) / All Boy Bands are also Pretenders. (sorry) They all get together and get a good career going, then it goes something like this -> They find out one of them is gay and the whole band breaks up. End of story.

[I guess It doesn't matter. 99& Synthsyzers 1% vioce sample = pretenders]

This is where Enrique Englasias, Cher, Modanna/Esther, come in. Bring in the classics... Where have all the spice girls gone?
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:00 am

Just be yourself. Walking up and down the street with all black and 40+ peircings on your left ear alone + helping old women across the street just doesn't mix. It's pretending to be someone who you aren't.

According to you. If someone wants to dress a certain way, I say more power to them. Its logic like that...that I hate in life. People judging others before they even talk to them.
Stephen

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:36 am

I agree with Shatterheart. Not everyone dressed in black is trying to be a goth or be emo--like me. I like black, and 99% of my wardrobe aren't above mid-tone (or any color lighter than dark blue). But I'm not even close to being, or wanting to be, goth or emo--I just like dark clothes.

And saying that I'm going WAY off-topic. Sorry, lemme steer this back...

Just to be fair, what makes a boy band boy band is mainly for the harmonizing and the fact that they don't play their own instruments; usually just pose pretty and dance. I don't like that one bit, not to mention the cheesy 'baby, honey, I love you x1000' songs--but you gotta admit it taking a lot of training and practice to do what they do (dance, stay fit, etc). And I respect them for that. I mean, punk, rock, and alternative bands just need to dress in shirts an jeans then play their instruments--boy bands need the whole gear and hours of dance practice...

As for liking male voices, ditto here. The only female singer that I like and personally think is the best is Shirley Manson of Garbage. ;p Guys just sound better and more unique, IMHO... I especially like it when they are able to scream one second and sing huskily the next. *sighs* (Chester from LP... Christian from Blindside... etc)

Personally, musical people that I see as best not ever reaching anybody's ears are those hardcore heavy metal groups that do nothing but scream incomphrensibly about sex and violence to the bashing of electric guitars and drums that repeat one or two chords ad nauseum. Bleagh.
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.

Psycho Ann

Postby panegryst » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:03 am

Psycho Ann wrote:
Personally, musical people that I see as best not ever reaching anybody's ears are those hardcore heavy metal groups that do nothing but scream incomphrensibly about sex and violence to the bashing of electric guitars and drums that repeat one or two chords ad nauseum. Bleagh.

Not to mention rap music that's about nothing but smoking weed and pimps.
-Martin Luther

Or never stand again

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:40 am

*Smacks KoRn with Wet trout*

Thats what you get for talking about Simple plan and Avril in the same paragraph. Simple Plan ROX! and anyone says bad things about GC, I'll eat them. EAT THEM!!

(mwahahahaha)
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:08 am

I'm going to answer some of ur questions and comments here. I forgot completeley about rap music. I'll cover that in another thread. First off, it does take a lot of talent to put on makeup and dance and lip sync. But is that music? Of course not. If that were music, every single person that puts on makeup would have a gold record. Music takes talent to play, or to write, or to sing. So some Metal bands that just throw as much random crap into a song to make it loud, aren't really talented either. And as for Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, they just suck. How can you call yourself Punk and claim to play punk music when your stlye goes against everything punk was made for. And music isn't just how it's played, the words actually mean something. So that is why polite punk is against the basics of punk. Also, good charlotte and Simple plan's music is extremely easy to play. I like bands most people hate, and I don't care. I like metal and rock and everything in between. I like blues and jazz and big band. These styles have talent. That's why I like them. I have been playing drums and writing poetry for two years, and I know how hard some things are to play. And as for dressing in all black, if you want to do that, not just because every other goth poser is doing it, go for it. So that's what I have to say. Oh yeah, and I love Christian Metal. Demon Hunter is awesome. But i don't care about how it differs from the norm. Christians differ from the norm. Or at least we're supposed too.
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:29 am

someone close this thread NOW....
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:41 pm

I love Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter have hardly any talent at all. Your logic is flawed.
Stephen

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:41 pm

I love Demon Hunter as well, but isn't the line "I love bands most people hate" sound more fitting to the fans of boy bands? ;P Granted that I don't like pop music anymore than you do, but I still think they have talent even though it's a style of talent I wouldn't care to know. It's music, no matter how you think it isn't, but it's still music. Slapping your hands on your knees in rhythm is music, mindlessly humming in the shower is music, it might not be 'good' music but it's music regardless. Theses boy bands and pop idol have MILLIONS of fans, it's hard to believe all of these millions of people who probably a majority are musical people could all be tone deaf.

But then again, not to diss the guy, I actually find him endearing, there are people praising William Hung for his voice. ^^;

Psycho Ann

Postby Master Kenzo » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:52 am

Well...I'ma gonna reply to a couple things you said...
PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:...And as for Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, they just suck.

Now, I've never really liked these bands either, but in the defence of those who actually enjoy their music, everyone was created with different personalities. Then factor in our influences, the way we were raised, whether or not we dropped a large rock on our hand in kindergarden (true story), etc. and you've got 6 billion completely different people with different looks, intelligences, and musical tastes.

I like bands most people hate, and I don't care.

There you go. Now, I don't like Demon Hunter because I'm not into metal, but I wouldn't say "they suck" in front of people that did because, simply, choice of bands to listen to is all dependent on what you prefer, which comes from a variety of factors. (Wanna get in an argument? Diss someone's favorite band)

In short, find better words to express your opinion than "they suck" please.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby panegryst » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:17 am

all your bad arguments are belong to the lock thread button

*hint hint*
-Martin Luther

Or never stand again

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Iona » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:18 am

I happen to like some of Good Charlotte's songs but not enough to defend the band itself. Avril Lavigne had some good songs too, but here again, I do not like them enough to defend her. I happen to prefer good lyrics in a band and I'm not that picky on music.
However...
Everyone is entitled to their own taste in music. Please respect that I (and everyone else) have a right to like certain music that you may not enjoy and vice versa.
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:14 am

One: this thread is a bit argumentative. Please keep everything civil. No one should be shot, regardless of how terrible or unoriginal their music should be. If you cannot respect each other's differences, stop talking to each other. Respectful discussion is fine.

Two: we get the hint about the thread already. The administration will lock it when they feel it should be locked. I do not wish to sound trite or harsh, but it is not your job to decide which threads should or should not be locked.
uc pseudonym

Postby Knives » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:17 pm

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:Here is a list of musical people that should be shot. The list stars out with Avril Laviegn, or However her last name is spelt. She claims to be in the punk category, or at least, that's what the pop culture tells her to label herslef as. She has no musical abilities, if you have heard her in concert, you know what I mean. Her band is actually worse than her, suprisingly. But she's not the worst of them all. No, we didn't get off that easily. There are more people worse than her that pollute the airways. These bands are, of course, the new genre spearheaded by Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, known as "Polite Punk". "Polite Punk" completely goes against everything punk had intended when it was first started. To be impolite and rude and not care about anything anyone has to say. Therefore, by defintion, "Polite Punk", can simply not exist, and therefore is sent to the category of pop. Pop is the worst form of music, if it can be called music, that exists. Which leads me to the next person that should never have had a music career: Boy bands and y pop, like Nsync and backstreet boys and britteney spears and other horrible icons of our consumerist society that should never have been allowed to speak because of the horrid and wrecthed things that come out of thier mouths know as "singing", or as I call it, for all pop people, Lip Syncing.

That's my rant. Let me know how you feel about my opinions, and if you disagree with this, you are a ten-year old or a complete moron.

I like simple plan and Good Charlotte...o well. I dont like much pop though. I guess the only pop i like is pop punk

Edit o yah pumpkorn youl be hearing from me...
Knives

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:04 pm

But... I kind of like Avril Lavigne. (that's how you spell it! ^-^) Well, I do respect her. Before I didn't, but then I realized that she is kind of going against what every one else has been doing (sex, etc.). Her songs aren't that bad, I don't mind them because they do sometimes have message to it. Good Charlotte and Simple Plan? I do not expecially like their music but they're ok~ I don't want to offend or anything, but "Polite Punk?" no matter what categorie you put the music in, each song is a song. Either you like the song or not! You don't have to limit yourself to a categorie! ^v^
RoyalWing

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:47 pm

I detest alot of the bands mentioned here but I dont think they should be shot.

Thou Shall Not Kill
Hitokiri

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:55 pm

Well I don't like any of the MTV spawned bands, but they don't need to be shot...
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:01 pm

Let me rephrase myslef. Yes, they do not need to be shot, but the day I started this thread I was real mad because that's all they were playing on the radio. So I'm sorry that I said they need to be shot. But anyway, they still didn't ever deserve musical carrers.
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:55 pm

So say you, I still don't see where because you don't like somthing...you feel you have the right to slam them when others like them. Don't listen to them if you don't like it....oddly enough, everyone in the world has different taste in music.
Stephen

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:20 am

Yes, everyone does have a different taste in music, but I hate it when crappy bands like good charlotte and simple plan can get massive airplay and make tons of money and extremely awesome bands, like Sevendust, who has been trying to make it big for years, and are extremely talented, get passed over because they don't conform. That's what's wrong with our consumer driven society these days. Every one wants to conform or else thier a social leper. Like me. I don't conform to what everyone says I should be. I am my own man. The only being that has a right to change me is God. I don't care if people hate me because I don't want to lose my self to conform.
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Pantakrator » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:40 pm

I'd like to stand up and formally say that talent wise; DEMON HUNTER SUCKS!!!
Now that that's out... Don't go flaming me though, I'm actually am getting into them all of a sudden.

BTW, Disciple (my favorite band), isn't exactly loaded with musical talent. It's the attitude and lyrics that have solidified their general perception as awesome.

So why do good bands get passed by? Market viability. Why does Pokemon sell more than Wolf's Rain? Why does Ford sell more Excursions than GTs.......

To quote another horrible ,yet addicting, artist "We do what we like, and we like what we do."

Conforming to unconforming is still just conforming. That's why mixed in with all my Tourniquet and Disciple you'll also find Stacie Oricco. Oh yeah, I forgot I'm only ten... Or was that just boy bands? I can't remember....

Follow Christ, don't judge, and don't worry when others judge you. Judging comes with the sinfull teritory of man...... Have fun!
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Next

Return to Jam Session