Nickelback, proof of unoriginality

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Nickelback, proof of unoriginality

Postby Niehaus » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:57 pm

Click here to see what I'm talking about. I reposted here, should be okay now. Oh, and a warning, there is some "foul language" in there, so enter at your own discression.
Luck so far: 0 PL, 4 TC, 1 GB
www.spamm.org/forum <- My local anime club
Niehaus

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:08 pm

I will allow this link to stand, with the rationale that the three problems with your previous post have been eliminated. It is in the right forum, no longer uses a false thread title and has a warning. For future referance, we do not appreciate links that feature cursing, but such has been allowed in the past, and I feel that we have no right to draw a line here where there was none. Please, however, be cautious in your posting habits.
uc pseudonym

Postby Niehaus » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:10 pm

Danke danke. I'm sorry about the problems with the first one, I'm still kinda new to this forum, didn't see there was a music thread.
Luck so far: 0 PL, 4 TC, 1 GB
www.spamm.org/forum <- My local anime club
Niehaus

Postby SManBeyond » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:13 pm

Wow, I actually like some of Nickelback's songs, and yet...that is freaky....and sad...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Zedian » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:33 pm

I find it funny...I heard it before, honestly it so funny to see how their two songs are so identical. I pity.
Zedian

Postby Spencer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:11 am

I wonder if they really did that on purpose...I mean, it could just be a coincedence. Hah, yeah right.
:)
Spencer

Postby Fireproof » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Kind of pathetic, yet funny nonetheless.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Debitt » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:50 pm

You know, I really could tell the difference. *shrugs*

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Yamato145 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:47 pm

you know what ...
they sound pretty cool together
REMIIIIIIIX!!!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Orange Kitten » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:44 pm

Good thing I've never been a fan of their music :-D
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby antefurem » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:03 am

O_o

You know, those songs sound pretty good together. ^__^;

... Good grief. Same chords everywhere...

Chibi Overlord says: Dance! Dance! Revolution!

Serving Jesus Christ, the ultimate revolutionary.
antefurem

Postby Twilly Spree » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:16 am

Their music makes me want to poke my eyes out....or maybe theirs ugh ugh ugh.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:46 am

Meh... Most bands reuse chords... I mean, rock for a long time was composed of 3 chords... 3! And I thought that sounded really cool hearing those songs together. Hehe. Gotta have one in every thread, I guess heh.

I saw no problem with songs that sound similar... I mean, look at the entire rap industry. I think they were trying to say something with the two songs, and I don't see this as unoriginality or anything. Nothing wrong with ripping off your own song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:48 am

I do not think I ever really responded to this thread. Unoriginality aside (I have no prior opinion of Nickelback) I found the songs to be average in my mind. I let the link stay up to listen to the music while browsing.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:21 pm

:lol:

I find this funny! Because sometimes in the songs it sounds horrible together, and others it sounds good!! :lol: But even though they can sound similar they aren't so bad, lots of other groups and singers do this too. Some of their songs sound the same and sometimes that's a way you can identify the person(s) :sweat:
RoyalWing

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Listening to the songs again, they are quite different... They played like harmonically... This is called a smashup, and it's done with all sorts of songs that are definately not ripoffs... It's just there are only really so many kinds of songs to begin with, and so they fit. They are definately different.

Acutally, I'm not really a fan because he just complains about his dad in every song... It's all about how abusive his dad was (in the first album, anyhow) I did like "how you remind me" though.

BTW, one of Linkin Park's songs sounds almost exactly like one of DC Talk's songs... If I had it playing, I could tell you, but I forget which one of both... Anyhow, I still like Linkin Park (and I still like DC Talk, RIP)

EDIT: I am wondering if I should record that mix and put it on CD, but I don't feel like breaking copyrights, you know? It just sounds too cool. I love those sort of things, just like on the everescence song on Daredevil, and a lot of broadway musicals... Singing two songs together that fit... It just creates an energy that I love. I have listened to that smashup probably 10 times now! It just sounds so cool...

[button=cool]Many combolations, elizagirth. I hope you got all my particles[/button] so cool!

BTW again, I think some editing went into "How you remind me" to get it to fit this song, so it was just a normal smashup and not pure coincidence or anything... This very thing can be done with a lot of songs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Jam Session