Cussing in blindside music.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Cussing in blindside music.

Postby Knives » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:59 pm

And it's a...
(Could you turn around and say
Hooray, it's a beautiful day L.A.
(yeah come on)
But now it's time
To pack your bags and go
Hooray it's a beautiful day L.A.
But I think I'll be gone today

And it's a...
(damned cold night now)
And it's a...
(damned cold night now)
My spirit is freezing to ice in this heat

??????? whats up with that there supposed to be christian!!!!???
Knives

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:15 pm

I agree but I wasn't to upset by the fact that the d word. But the word could be used (maybe this is were they got it) that it's as cold as heck. Damned sometimes means going to hell so thats what possibly they could mean. The word has two meanings, depends on how you take them as. As for me, I view what Blindside meant was that it was as cold as heck.

Also in...forget what song. Christian sings bout "and I miss making love in the sunday afternoon sunlight" (sorry if thats wrong but thats the jist of it). Im not quite sure what that means there.

I belive Blindside is still Christian but to me, they are starting to sell out.

Knives, want my opinion. By thier self-titled album and A Thought Crushed my Mind. In my opinion, those ar esooo much better then there new stuff.
Hitokiri

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:18 pm

Old news. The cd has been out quite some time now. If you don't like the word or the song, don't buy there cd. I hardly consider what they did "selling out" Not everyone finds the same words offensive. I won't even get into the whole cussing issue...and I will lock this thread if it goes there....so keep discussion civil. As for the song about making love, its about his wife. I belive during all the tours and all.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:20 pm

*looks back on previous such discussions*

<sarcasn>Boy, good times.</sarcasm>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Knives » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:36 am

Shatterheart wrote:Old news. The cd has been out quite some time now. If you don't like the word or the song, don't buy there cd. I hardly consider what they did "selling out" Not everyone finds the same words offensive. I won't even get into the whole cussing issue...and I will lock this thread if it goes there....so keep discussion civil. As for the song about , its about his wife. I belive during all the tours and all.

Ok...sorry i didnt mean to start anything.
Knives

Postby Stephen » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:35 pm

No, your not "starting" anything. Its just that somtimes people get to fighting over the whole cussing issue. Its pefectly fine to continue on about Blindside there music, where you feel there going...etc.
Stephen

Postby Knives » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:28 pm

Oh, well... id say we should pray for Blindside that they dont become what Creed is.
Knives

Postby skynes » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:14 am

huh? Sorry but I don't follow what the big deal is... is they had said its an F'ing cold night I'd see ur reason to be concerned. Just remember that in a lot of places **** doesn't mean jack. N Ireland for example it means nothing. Blindside are Swedish right? So it's possible it means nothing there too
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:30 am

skynes wrote:. Just remember that in a lot of places **** doesn't mean jack. N Ireland for example it means nothing. Blindside are Swedish right? So it's possible it means nothing there too

thats intresting...

Knives, did you know Creed broke up?
Hitokiri

Postby Inferno » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:00 am

Y a I know it's sad!:sniffle: I really like creed they're prabably my favorite bands. (even tho they broke up) Me and knives used to listen to it all the time with our dads. I have no idea why he said "we should pray for Blindside that they dont become what Creed is." Hey knives could you tell me what you got against creed? Anyway, about the blind side thingy. I'm not really offended by it in anyway shape or form. Im so used to cussing that it doesnt really seem all that bad. (even tho I know it is bad) Skynes ive got to hand it too you, that's a good explaination! I never knew that in some countries cussing means nothing!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:20 am

If these guys are doing it for a job...which I am pretty sure they are. Blindside never claimed to be a ministry...its really not a big deal in my opinion. I know if someone came up to me at work and said....Steve you should not do this or that. I would probably remind them that life is easy when you ain't doing the work. As for Blindside....the best way to show you don't like what there doing. Don't buy there cd. Sales always get a bands attention before anything else will.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:30 pm

Yeah, I'm with Shatterheart. It's really not that bad. It kind of bothered me at first, then after 10 minutes I was like "eh. whatever." The rest of the album is just so good, IMHO, that it overshadows the use of that one word (and really, with this word, context is the key).

As for the line about making love, yes, the song (Across Waters Again) is about Christian's wife and how he misses her while they're touring. That is also just one line and isn't really consequential or the focus of the song. The first Across Waters (which is way better than 'Again') is also about missing her while he's on tour, although Across Waters 1 is really a song asking God for protection over his wife and himself while they can't be together.

o_o Now, Pedro the Lion's new CD, if you want to get upset over something...heh heh heh. ._.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby skynes » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:26 am

Skynes ive got to hand it too you, that's a good explaination! I never knew that in some countries cussing means nothing!

Point I was trying to make is that the word mentioned in that song is not even considered a swear word here.

skynes

Postby Kenchii » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:37 pm

Swearing is bad period. I wasn't brought up to swear so I don't. Listening to it is just as bad. So I don't.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Knives » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:40 am

its not bad to listen to it.
Knives

Postby fayefaye » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:08 pm

I'm with you knives.people should just leave all the bad bad words out period.All you need to ask yourself is was it necessary for that word to be in the song?was there a legit reason why it was in the song?I know the point you were making and i agree with you. :)
fayefaye

Postby skynes » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:11 am

In America it is considered a swear word, it other countries it is not!

Blindside are European, from Sweden I think... It is most likely that this word your all freaking out about is a common word in their language and isn't considered a swear word by anyone.

skynes

Return to Jam Session